+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Looking to apply for a course in Canada and need help from experts

Aerrow

Jul 29, 2013
Hi all,

I have completed by BCA and CCNA and have 2 years of work experience from India. I am looking for a good course in Canada that can be a good add-on to my resume and can provide for a good enough job and a possible PR in future. I dunno whether I should look at an agency for this or apply directly. So, I have a few questions and I will owe everything to anyone who can help.

1. Is PR possible after a course? (UG, G or PG)
2. Where should I be looking? (College/University and which? My marks are 10th- 81%, HSC - 72%, BCA -66% and CCNA - 93%)
3. Which would be the best course to opt for? (I am interested in either a networking course or management (HR)...I will be going on an edu loan, so wont be able to afford super expensive stuff, (above 25L) as I am planning to pay it back on my own..please let me know of any complexities there as well)
4. I will be working part time to support myself so any heads up on where it is best would be great as well

I am currently preparing for IELTS and have looked around and found multitude of options and varied opinions on pretty much every course, college and university. So, anyone who has experience to point me in the right direction and explain on the dilemma i am in, I would be grateful.

Thank you for reading.

nikhil1308

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Hi,

I am a network professioanl with CCNA, CCNP, JNCIA,JNCIS,JNCIP and i can understand what exactly you are referring to. I am going for MBA and using a loan as well. The MBA fee minimum in Canada from a university would be 23000 CAD from University of saskachtewan ( best of my knowledge). There are networking courses available as well in few colleges. I have heard universities are much more reputed than colleges.
Contact me on nikhilsadana69@gmail.com , I will be able to assist you better.

Regards
Nikhil

Aerrow

Jul 29, 2013
I have been going through all the threads and doing a bit of research. It seems that an advanced diploma wont be of much help in my case as many reputed members have already pointed out that post graduate certificates are better. My question is...

Is there a PG certificate course which is for 2 years? IT field.. technical support, networking?

Any help is appreciated.

raman4949

Sep 7, 2013
bro in my re-search!!! there is no networking for PG-DIPLOMA for 2 years and there is only advance diploma in some colleges if u found any plz let me know coze i m planning for networking for 2 years

Justin-engineer

Aug 17, 2013
Manitoba- Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aerrow said:
Got my ielts results.. 8 with no band below 7. Looking for a two year pg diploma.. can anyone help me?
Congratulation,
God help those who help themselves !! Enough philosophy now !
Try search option available in this forum for searching your desired program. And also search in Google.
Give GMAT and try for MBA !! You can get a good mba in around 18 Lakhs in canada.
First sort out the state you want to go into, then visit the website of each and every college of that state and look up in the list of program and courses. and then select one as per your background and interest

Also try searching for your desired program on AUCC website. (search AUCC in google)
hope this helps.

Aerrow

Jul 29, 2013
raman4949 said:
bro in my re-search!!! there is no networking for PG-DIPLOMA for 2 years and there is only advance diploma in some colleges if u found any plz let me know coze i m planning for networking for 2 years
Try fleming college.. there's one.. :)

Aerrow

Jul 29, 2013
Justin-engineer said:
Congratulation,
God help those who help themselves !! Enough philosophy now !
Try search option available in this forum for searching your desired program. And also search in Google.
Give GMAT and try for MBA !! You can get a good mba in around 18 Lakhs in canada.
First sort out the state you want to go into, then visit the website of each and every college of that state and look up in the list of program and courses. and then select one as per your background and interest

Also try searching for your desired program on AUCC website. (search AUCC in google)
hope this helps.
Thank you so much bro.. I am already on my research but masters would mean 1 pg diploma and then masters.. ive checked and mba courses are in the 20k+ margin. I am not sure I'll be able to afford that. Any chance I can make it by working? Ppl are almost all suggesting otherwise.

Can you suggest something here? Thanks once again.

Justin-engineer

Aug 17, 2013
Manitoba- Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aerrow said:
Thank you so much bro.. I am already on my research but masters would mean 1 pg diploma and then masters.. ive checked and mba courses are in the 20k+ margin. I am not sure I'll be able to afford that. Any chance I can make it by working? Ppl are almost all suggesting otherwise.

Can you suggest something here? Thanks once again.
It totally depends on you !! Try searching for MBA in univ. of Saskatchewan, Regina and especially university of Victoria. Also search in memorial university in Newfoundland, they are quite cheap as compared to other colleges. or otherwise if you really want a sure shot at a good job then go for post secondary diplomas in business and related fields (And not PG diplomas )
!!
but mba will require you to give GMat !! so a better option would be to go for diploma !
A masters would also be good , if you find one related to your field and also having cheap tuition fees .
Search for it and then decide !
best of luck !

nitishk

Sep 17, 2013
Hey Aerrow, don't go for Post secondary diploma as u have already done bachelors, there are 90% chances of visa rejection in your case if u opt for a post secondary diploma as The VO will not see any progression in your studies.
Better go for masters or pg diploma

Aerrow

Jul 29, 2013
Justin-engineer said:
It totally depends on you !! Try searching for MBA in univ. of Saskatchewan, Regina and especially university of Victoria. Also search in memorial university in Newfoundland, they are quite cheap as compared to other colleges. or otherwise if you really want a sure shot at a good job then go for post secondary diplomas in business and related fields (And not PG diplomas )
!!
but mba will require you to give GMat !! so a better option would be to go for diploma !
A masters would also be good , if you find one related to your field and also having cheap tuition fees .
Search for it and then decide !
best of luck !
I'm thinking of going in jan. Too late for gmat I guess.. so.. diploma it is.. but if I try for a post secondary diploma in business or related field, wouldn't my application still be rejected by VO as they will see it as a deviation from my field of study? Bca?? Is there something that can cover both? It and business? Any suggestions? Im sorry I know I am asking too many questions but I am one of those guys who's a little too curious I guess and I'm still not sure what I should do.

Aerrow

Jul 29, 2013
nitishk said:
Hey Aerrow, don't go for Post secondary diploma as u have already done bachelors, there are 90% chances of visa rejection in your case if u opt for a post secondary diploma as The VO will not see any progression in your studies.
Better go for masters or pg diploma
Thank you for the warning. I am still not clear with the concept of post secondary, pg etc. How r they different?

Justin-engineer

Aug 17, 2013
Manitoba- Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aerrow said:
I'm thinking of going in jan. Too late for gmat I guess.. so.. diploma it is.. but if I try for a post secondary diploma in business or related field, wouldn't my application still be rejected by VO as they will see it as a deviation from my field of study? Bca?? Is there something that can cover both? It and business? Any suggestions? Im sorry I know I am asking too many questions but I am one of those guys who's a little too curious I guess and I'm still not sure what I should do.
Being curious is a good thing, but you should try to search for the information yourself. Because you just can't follow advice of random people on forum. You should try to do research yourself.]

Regarding IT and business combination, Look for Business Information Technology program at red river college. Its in winnipeg, manitoba.

there are chances that your visa can be rejected if you go for post secondary diploma after graduation, but its not certainty. I know many people getting visa for diploma after bachelors degree here in INDIA. Likewise i have seen rejection cases too. You should try and from a good SOP that convinces VO about your intentions of study a program !!