+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Looking for private rent place 1bhk north york

rumang

Feb 17, 2022
Hello guys hope this message finds you well, i am looking for 1bhk basement for rent for couple in north york or Scarborough.for privacy concern looking for private no sharing.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello guys hope this message finds you well, i am looking for 1bhk basement for rent for couple in north york or Scarborough.for privacy concern looking for private no sharing.
In Canada housing is described by bedroom and bathroom not the bhk system. Most people will not know what you are referring to if you say 1bhk. Not sure why anyone would want to live in Scarborough unless you work there due to awful transit options. Most landlords will want to meet you in person before renting for a year and I would recommend that you see a place in person before renting it. Most rent an Airbnb when arriving in Canada and then look for more permanent housing.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In Canada housing is described by bedroom and bathroom not the bhk system. Most people will not know what you are referring to if you say 1bhk. Not sure why anyone would want to live in Scarborough unless you work there due to awful transit options. Most landlords will want to meet you in person before renting for a year and I would recommend that you see a place in person before renting it. Most rent an Airbnb when arriving in Canada and then look for more permanent housing.
There are lots of people living in Scarborough. Nothing wrong with them. Close to shopping, schools and good transit options.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There are lots of people living in Scarborough. Nothing wrong with them. Close to shopping, schools and good transit options.
Scarborough does not have great public transit options and will have even less options when they close down the Line 3 and replace it with buses. North York locations tend to have better access to the TTC subway lines. If you know that you will be working around Scarborough or East Toronto or that you will have a car then there is nothing wrong with living in Scarborough compared to North York.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Scarborough does not have great public transit options and will have even less options when they close down the Line 3 and replace it with buses. North York locations tend to have better access to the TTC subway lines. If you know that you will be working around Scarborough or East Toronto or that you will have a car then there is nothing wrong with living in Scarborough compared to North York.
I work in North York, and even there TTC is horrible especially in winter months. Personally, I wouldn't recommend any areas serviced by TTC. Get a car if you can afford it. Just an opinion based from personal experience.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I work in North York, and even there TTC is horrible especially in winter months. Personally, I wouldn't recommend any areas serviced by TTC. Get a car if you can afford it. Just an opinion based from personal experience.
A luxury many can not afford and parking may not be an option or very expensive depending on where you work.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Overall TTC is horrible. Get a car or carpool if you can afford.
Many can not afford to do so especially many newcomers. Many may also come from countries where car ownership is not common so do not know how to drive so driving would not be an option at least initially. It also doesn’t always make sense to travel by car if working in some areas because of the lack of parking or the cost of parking. Many depend on the TTC for a variety of reasons whether they want to or not.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Many can not afford to do so especially many newcomers. Many may also come from countries where car ownership is not common so do not know how to drive so driving would not be an option at least initially. It also doesn’t always make sense to travel by car if working in some areas because of the lack of parking or the cost of parking. Many depend on the TTC for a variety of reasons whether they want to or not.
Carpool and share ride does not involve car ownership nor self-driving (in case of share ride). It also make sense to travel by car especially after a visit to IKEA (free parking) and brought heavy & bulky items.

Reactions: rcincanada2019

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Carpool and share ride does not involve car ownership nor self-driving (in case of share ride). It also make sense to travel by car especially after a visit to IKEA (free parking) and brought heavy & bulky items.
Using a rideshare app once in awhile is affordable but most can not afford to commute using rideshares. It would probably cost more than having your own car.

manpreet4875

Star Member
Mar 27, 2011
Is One private room available in York Village in 800Cad, pls suggest..