04-04-12
Med's Request
Oct 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
27-08-12
Hi All,

I've posted in here about my website - www.bcjobconnect.ca - and how it can help those of you who have been approved for permanent residence within Canada, find employment. It's absolutely free to use and there are no costs associated at any step of the way for candidates who register.

What is BC JobConnect?
• An easy-to-use web-based tool
• A space for you to create an online profile and show
your resume/CV
• An opportunity to market your skills to BC employers

Who is BC JobConnect for?
• All newcomers living in BC
• Are clients of IEC-BC’s FAST program
• Have a Permanent Residence (PR) number
• Are currently looking for employment

What are the benefits?
• You can promote your work experience, skills and
abilities to employers looking to hire
• Registration with BC JobConnect is free
• Your personal information is secure
• You can update your online profile as you complete
new courses, obtain certificates or improve your English

I'm happy to answer any questions anyone might have regarding the service.

Fenster

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
File Transfer...
04-04-12
Med's Request
Oct 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
27-08-12
hi i have a valid EE profile.
but no ITA yet can u help me with job offers.NOC 0631
Unfortunately not, we can only help those who have already received their permanent residence.

Fenster

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
File Transfer...
04-04-12
Med's Request
Oct 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
27-08-12
How big are you aiming for this website to be? Something like a local version of Indeed? Do you screen employers? What jobs specifically are going to be in this web?
Great question (and name). The resource has been in operation since Oct 2016. We've already got over 200 employers registered with the tool who've made almost 300 requests for candidates within the tool.

It's similar to Indeed but it differs in a couple of ways.

1. It's completely free for both employers and candidates. We're funded by the Dept of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

2. We're employer-facing. What that means is that our mandate is to support employers by highlighting to them all the benefits of having diverse and multicultural workforce. This also means though that the tool was built primarily with employers in mind. So, employers search through the tool for candidates rather than candidates searching through the tool for jobs. One of downsides of this is the candidates can’t see the employers that are within the tool and cannot search for jobs…. yet. This is something that we are working on and hope to change in the near future. One of upsides of this tool though is that once a candidate has registered a profile, they don’t really have much more to do. One of the great things about www.bcjobconnect.ca is that it’s one tool that will do the work for candidates rather than the other way around. All we ask is that you update your status as your situation changes (if you find a job, complete an educational course, your language level improves)

As for the jobs that are going to be included in this site? As I said, we've got over 200 different employers registered within the tool (228 at the last count). These requests are spread across every industry. We’ve had 288 requests from large multi-national employers seeking candidates in professional office based positions to small family run organisations seeking construction labourers.

We screen every employer that comes through the tool but as with any employer-employee relationship, we do suggest that any candidate that is contacted by an employer does their homework on the employer.

Employers don’t get access to your contact details until we have been given your expressed permission first (unless you have this information contained in your uploaded resume. Any information contained in an uploaded resume can be viewed by an employer (phone number/email address/home address). If you’d like me to elaborate on this last point, let me know and I’d be happy to.

Reactions: nsrk

Fenster

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
File Transfer...
04-04-12