+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LONGEST CASES (prior to 2010) PLEASE JOIN IN

RAEDSARA

Aug 22, 2012
I agree ... how about writ of mandamus? You already waited enough, someone at Cic needs to get up from his/her seat and start reviewing your file.
Did you get your Atip?

I got a copy of my file. But I dont know what is Writ of mandamus.
At any rate I set a deadline that if they dont answer me I will move myself, family and business to the US where their immigration system is more transparent and non biased. Iam just ashamed that I chose this country that I like above any other country but they keep punishing the wrong crowd.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RAEDSARA said:
I agree ... how about writ of mandamus? You already waited enough, someone at Cic needs to get up from his/her seat and start reviewing your file.
Did you get your Atip?

I got a copy of my file. But I dont know what is Writ of mandamus.
At any rate I set a deadline that if they dont answer me I will move myself, family and business to the US where their immigration system is more transparent and non biased. Iam just ashamed that I chose this country that I like above any other country but they keep punishing the wrong crowd.
A writ in this instance is a request to the courts to direct CIC finalize your application and give you a yes you are a citizen or no you are not instead of leaving you hanging.

I don't recall the specifics of your case but most delays with your profile are usually because of a loop back and forth between CIC and the security agencies over security checks i.e. CIC waiting for the agency and the agency waiting for CIC, or alternatively, your background/ security checks are out of sequence and when one comes in the other is expired so the process is repeated..with the same result.

You need to get a competent lawyer that has experience in issuing writs...its not going to be cheap..expect to pay at least 5K.

RAEDSARA

Aug 22, 2012
AS OF 1 JULY 2013. MY TIME LINE.
LANDED 8 YEARS BACK.
APPLIED 5 YEARS BACK.
TESTED 4.5 YEARS BACK.
IN RQ SINCE DECEMBER OF 2009.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RAEDSARA said:
But I dont know what is Writ of mandamus.
Please look into a Writ of Mandamus. Courts often rule waits of 3 years or more as "unreasonable". The federal courts do not grant the CIC an indefinite timeframe to process citizenship files.
http://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/mandamus/ A good lawyer would cost $3000-$8000 for a mandamus case. This is expensive, but cheaper than moving.

RAEDSARA said:
At any rate I set a deadline that if they dont answer me I will move myself, family and business to the US where their immigration system is more transparent and non biased. I am just ashamed that I chose this country that I like above any other country but they keep punishing the wrong crowd.
As someone from the US, I have to tell you that the immigration system there has a lot of problems with opacity, lack of responsiveness and possible bias issues. You may get lucky, but it is far from a guarantee.

Is your MP helping you with your case? 5 years is egregious.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eileenf said:
Please look into a Writ of Mandamus. Courts often rule waits of 3 years or more as "unreasonable". The federal courts do not grant the CIC an indefinite timeframe to process citizenship files.
http://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/mandamus/ A good lawyer would cost $3000-$8000 for a mandamus case. This is expensive, but cheaper than moving.
As someone from the US, I have to tell you that the immigration system there has a lot of problems with opacity, lack of responsiveness and possible bias issues. You may get lucky, but it is far from a guarantee.

holy cow! too complicated. Reading this makes me want to give up my RQ. Gluck.

RAEDSARA

Aug 22, 2012
I BECAME A CANADIAN CITIZEN YESTERDAY AT 2PM. OCTOBER 15TH OF 2013. 8 YEARS AND 3 MONTHS SINCE LANDING. 5 YEARS AND 3 MONTHS SINCE APPLICATION. AND 4 YEARS SINCE RQ.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RAEDSARA said:
I BECAME A CANADIAN CITIZEN YESTERDAY AT 2PM. OCTOBER 15TH OF 2013. 8 YEARS AND 3 MONTHS SINCE LANDING. 5 YEARS AND 3 MONTHS SINCE APPLICATION. AND 4 YEARS SINCE RQ.
Congratulations!!! Hats off to your patience.... You deserve a big party...

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulation RAEDSARA , you are the patience hero , this would give us hope even with ridiculous timeline.
Cheers

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats bud. ;D
Any idea at the end what the problem was?
RAEDSARA said:

RAEDSARA

Aug 22, 2012
it was a really really unexpected reason for the delay. I renewed my passport while I was here but sending it directly to passports office in motherland.

satrup

Star Member
Apr 20, 2013
Canada-India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 27 2013
AOR Received.
May 02 2013
File Transfer...
May 02 2013
Med's Request
March 03 2013
Med's Done....
Feb 2013
Interview........
Jan 22 2013
Passport Req..
June-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 31 2014
LANDED..........
Sometime in February
If this helps, my citizenship took forever..... this is 2003 application and I got it in 2007. I got a lawyer and filed Mandamus. Everything was fast forwarded. I had just landed in India and had to fly back the next day to do my test. And then for Oath they hauled me within 2 weeks and then I had to fly back from California.

Now the question is - What really happened? They had lost my file and everybody was in perpetual never ending wait game. So no one wants to rat out a colleague - so they ignored and the missing file was basically waiting.... The mandamus made them call me and apologize and "make a deal" to give me the citizenship right away. I should have been furious, but was rather relieved that I got it done....

So - Mandamus is the way to go. Get the cheapest lawyer as there is not much to it. I paid $5k to GREEN AND SPIEGEL LLP, but it was a rip off as they delayed in following up and I had to pay for their procrastination. It was worth it because they would never had resolved the lost file.... CIC is not an accountable government agency. They can do whatever with impunity. Such is life.....

eileenf said:

RAEDSARA

Aug 22, 2012
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYBODY WHO SUPPORTED ME, SUGGESTED THINGS TO ME OR THOSE ONE WHO CALLED ME OR CONGRATULATED ME. IT MEANT ALOT.

Halloum

Star Member
Apr 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RAEDSARA said:
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYBODY WHO SUPPORTED ME, SUGGESTED THINGS TO ME OR THOSE ONE WHO CALLED ME OR CONGRATULATED ME. IT MEANT ALOT.
1000000 Congrats Raed!