+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Long time waiting for the background check

Samineh

Aug 9, 2017
Hi everyone,

My friend applied for the PR based on the Provisional Nomination (PNP)

He sent his application: Sep 2015
OAR received: January 2016
Medical was done once in September 2016 and the second one in August 2017 :-(

and he is still waiting for the background check. He also called the Canadian Security Intelligent Service. The CSIS mentioned that the security screening was completed and they sent their response to the CIC in March 2017.

Do you have any suggestions how to solve this problem?

Thank you all.

wicaact

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
Contact local MP to make an inquiry on IRCC and check for the status

msameer_04

Jul 11, 2017
Hi everyone,

and he is still waiting for the background check. He also called the Canadian Security Intelligent Service. The CSIS mentioned that the security screening was completed and they sent their response to the CIC in March 2017.

Thank you all.
Has your friend already paid the ROPR fees and all? Or they haven't asked for it yet? Coz I have already paid mine, back in November 2016 and nothing since.

msameer_04

Jul 11, 2017
If you mean Landing fee, yes he paid that.
I a man going to wait for my CSIS report and if I don't have an outcome on my application till than, then I will submit a GCMS request to CIC. That is a report of all the notes on my file by the CIC case officer. So I think your friend should request a GCMS report. That sometimes speeds things up. If he is in Canada, he can do it online via CIC website. Just google "requesting a GCMS report from CIC". Hope it helps.

Reactions: Samineh

Samineh

Aug 9, 2017
I a man going to wait for my CSIS report and if I don't have an outcome on my application till than, then I will submit a GCMS request to CIC. That is a report of all the notes on my file by the CIC case officer. So I think your friend should request a GCMS report. That sometimes speeds things up. If he is in Canada, he can do it online via CIC website. Just google "requesting a GCMS report from CIC". Hope it helps.
Thanks, I let him know, hope it helps it. I hope you can get your very soon as well.

amin.b

Nov 18, 2017
Hi everyone,

Thank you all.
Hi Samineh,

Would you please give me CSIS phone number and some more details about this guys, I mean if I call them which department should I ask to talk? I've already send CSIS a complaint letter 3 months ago but they did not respond to my letter...
I've submitted my PR application like your friend under PNP program on September 2015 and still waiting like you guys… My background check started on November 2016 and still in process… By the way, your post is for long time ago and I hope that your friend already got his PR by now…