+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Long routine background check after submitting medical.

Zealot81

Apr 29, 2013
Dear All,

Look at my story, CHC requested my medcial for FSW programme, i submitted my medical on April 2011 and since that time i am waiting for my new medical forms because the validity of medical is for one year only.
I send couple of reminders to CHC london regarding my case, each time they are replying back with standard template that your case is awaiting the results of routine background checks.
can anyone tell me how much maximum time they usually takes for background check? Khan is my surname, does it make any difference for background checks?
Is this only my case which stuck in some infnite loop or it's just a usual wait?

wali

Star Member
Sep 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 2009
File Transfer...
June 2010 to london
Med's Request
28-02-2012 Remed: 18-07-2013
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Passport Req..
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2013
No one can predict the exact time for background checks.

I did my medicals in March 2012 and still waiting for medical request.

I am not sure why they are taking so long but it seems that your file is stuck somewhere.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zealot81 said:
Dear All,

Look at my story, CHC requested my medcial for FSW programme, i submitted my medical on April 2011 and since that time i am waiting for my new medical forms because the validity of medical is for one year only.
I send couple of reminders to CHC london regarding my case, each time they are replying back with standard template that your case is awaiting the results of routine background checks.
can anyone tell me how much maximum time they usually takes for background check? Khan is my surname, does it make any difference for background checks?
Is this only my case which stuck in some infnite loop or it's just a usual wait?
Yes, of course the time line about back ground checks are not known and not disclosed to public. Usually from 2 months to 6 months are seen but some cases are delayed for one year or little more. In your case, it seems there is an unusual delay and perhaps it could be something else. I am only guessing because I don't have any clue about the delay. If your file is misplaced in the visa office, you may need to wait till it is located!!. Therefore, go ahead and ask for the status of your file using "Case specific enquiry" and also request for GCMS

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
2 yrs gone after medical....ohhhh

You need to write detailed email catching their attention about your medical and completion of 2 yrs.

I have never heard of 2 yrs after medical...

Don't rely on their standard reply. Disturb them every week, let them realise that u have been waiting for 2 yrs

Zealot81 said:
Dear All,

mashahzad

Aug 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2010
Doc's Request.
28-06-2010
AOR Received.
06-07-2010
File Transfer...
06-07-2010
Med's Request
Received on 27/09/2013
Med's Done....
Done on 23/10/2013
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Zealot81 said:
Dear All,

This is very unusual. You need to follow it every week unless you get a definite answer.

Zealot81

Apr 29, 2013
Thanks for your reply, actually my case was closed 0n 2010 because they did not gave me a single marks for language proficiency even i submitted my IELTS result, after that i wrote an email then they reopened my case on 2011. After few months they ask me to do a medical. Please note in actual i submitted my application on Sept 2007.
I am writing email every two months and getting same reply that my case is waiting for routine background checks, i heared that more email you will send to CHC more delay you will get in your case, is that true?
On Jun 2012 they asked me to submit new updated photos, my new born baby birth certificate etc, since then i am waiting for my medical. If my file misplace due to some reason then they should not send me reply that my case is waiting for routine background check.
Believe me this is very painful time, now new rules has come which will be affected from 4th May and my profession exists on that list. I am wondering whether to apply again in new rules or not, please advise.

Zealot81

Apr 29, 2013
wilson said:
Yes, of course the time line about back ground checks are not known and not disclosed to public. Usually from 2 months to 6 months are seen but some cases are delayed for one year or little more. In your case, it seems there is an unusual delay and perhaps it could be something else. I am only guessing because I don't have any clue about the delay. If your file is misplaced in the visa office, you may need to wait till it is located!!. Therefore, go ahead and ask for the status of your file using "Case specific enquiry" and also request for GCMS
I already asked them case specific enquiry, in each email i am writing my file number and asking them for update but since jun 2012(at the time i submitted my latest photos, new born baby etc ) they are sending reply that my case is waiting got routine background checks.

BTW what is GCMS?

migrator

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Feb 2010
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
22-11-2012
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
08-11-2013(Requested FBI clearance on 31st Jan'13, submitted on 15th Mar'13) and New Zealand PCC submitted on 4th May'13.
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2014
LANDED..........
In July 14
GCMS=global case management system. Go to www.gcmsfile.com and apply for GCMS notes for your case file.. This will give you an exact idea about your case right from the beginning till where and why it is stuck.

Zealot81

Apr 29, 2013
Dear All,

After long waiting time, today i checked my e-case status through website and that has been converted from In Process to Withdrawn(i did not requested to withdraw my application niether my consultant company who is handling my case).

is this something strange? or usuall? i talked to my consultant agency they said it's positive sign and your applciation has been moved forward from one place to another(if this is the case then i am assuming my background checks has been completed and they will send me another medical request).

Can anyone tell me on this? or shall i send an email to CHC for asking the clarrification of withdrawn status? Kindly advise i am really worrried.