+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

long long delay in citizenship case

mathpk

Mar 17, 2012
One of my relative have applied for citizenship in June 2009, submit finger print in Aug 2010, he did citizenship test on September 2010, submit RQ (all available document submitted), had hearing with judge, judge request some more documents and he has provided, in June 2011 received another request to provide finger print and he had submitted the true copy of previously taken finger prints as advised in the letter. But still today he has not received any more letter.
My question is that

- What will be the possible decisions of this case.
- Whats is reason of the long long delay of this case.
- Have any other person deal with the same situation

zeezo

Mar 14, 2012
my case as below :-
• Application received on March , 2011.
• CIC started processing my application on October 2011.
• File was transferred to the Mississauga CIC office on November , 2011.
• Notice on December 30, 2011 to appear and write the citizenship test .
• Test Date January 16, 2012 .
• Nothing received after that :(.

is that normal delay? please share similar cases

shan07

Apr 10, 2012
i have done my on the 9th jan and i am still waiting. i just call cic and the lady tell me i was schedule for an hearing. and two other cic ppl tell me i have to wait for 6mths before i could hear anything. this is very frustrated.

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
confusing, every agent tells different story...
i did my test on Jan 23...no news since then office is Glen Erin

shan07

Apr 10, 2012
god this is killing me, st.Clair office is full. i wish i could get a better story something that more understanding.

May 20, 2012
I happy because I am not the only sad guy. This is my 2nd time that I am applying, the first time was denied by the Judge not enough physical presence. I had to stay another 3 years to re-apply. I applied in April 2010, I had my test in February 2011 they requested my taxes....but not RQ. I am still waiting.
If they don't want us to be Canadian citizen so be it, I am resident and that's all.

zeezo

Mar 14, 2012
I saw today on my CIC timeline update the messege below , i did not get any letter yet by mail .

We sent you a letter on May 16, 2012. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. [/font]

what is that mean ? is that RQ?

please advice .

chinoy99

Nov 20, 2010
Halifax
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2001
AOR Received.
12-11-2001
IELTS Request
31-08-2004
Med's Request
22-11-2005
Med's Done....
05-12-2005
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-04-2006
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2006
LANDED..........
24-05-2006
There is no define time-frame between the time you sit for your written test and the time you get the letter to take the oath.

I know people who got their oath invitation letters in four days after sitting for their written test and others i know who got it after two months and worst cases six to eight months!

If you were not asked to fill up the RQ, then just sit and relax....

Sometimes the authorities give the RQ at the test centre only and in some cases it is mailed to you after few weeks of taking the test!

If anybody receives an RQ, then there is 100% delay in processing the Citizenship case anywhere from 12 months to 24 months! and in worst case also end up having a hearing with the Judge!

good luck!

May 20, 2012
Not-Citizen-yet said:
I am happy because I am not the only sad guy. This is my 2nd time that I am applying, the first time was denied by the Judge not enough physical presence. I had to stay another 3 years to re-apply. I applied in April 2010, I had my test in February 2011 they requested my taxes....but not RQ. I am still waiting.
If they don't want us to be Canadian citizen so be it, I am resident and that's all.

gpeperat

Feb 25, 2012
Chinoy99 is right. The CIC offices are most certainly understaffed and overwhelmed. So a reply from them can take months and months. If you think you did everything right, then don't worry too much, just wait...
Have you tried to call them?

ramacan

Jun 3, 2012
i want report my friend

my friend she divorce the husband in the phillipine dn the husband did not recieve any document from court or lawyer bicause the wife she fake all document all the signature the husband,she want mary the canadian citizin for only express resedent visa.she pay the guy 1500 for mary.she alowd apply na resedent visa?illigal procedure.pls.hepl the husband in phillipine.tnank you

ajslp

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
How to report fraud

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/protection/fraud/report.asp