+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Long journey coming to an End :)

jshahid

Star Member
May 23, 2012
It's been a Long journey. Applied for my citizenship back in April 2011. Got invited to write an exam on May 2012, but get the letter 2 days after the exam date. Finally wrote my exam yesterday and got the result right away and I PASSED. The ceremony date is tomorrow.

Important things to notice:

1. Make sure you track your application online for status update. Call CIC every other month just to see if everything is ok with your application.
2. Make sure you READ THE BOOK, a lot of people just did the practice exams online and they had little hard time getting all the questions.
3. After reading the book, do as alot of practice exams online.

Test date:

The exam was scheduled for 2:00 pm. I arrived there at 1:15pm thinking they paperwork might start early. No one was there, the official came there at 2pm and they started to collect the invitation letter. Then they called us one by one. Ask for

1. Original passport AND copy of each passport.
2. PR card
3. Confirmation of Permanent Residence
4. 2 pieces of ID

They went over our travel history and work history, and then told me to wait. Once every one was done with the verification, they handed over the exam. 20 questions, 30 min have to get 15 right to pass. I finished my exam in 7 min. They told us to wait outside once we finish our exam for the result. I got 18 right. They handed me the letter of invitation to take the oath.

Will be taking my oath tomorrow, it was a long journey but all worth it at the end. Good luck to all who have is still waiting

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
Congrats!

Getting the letter 2 days after the date? That's just bad form...
Did e-cas update for you in time for your test date?

jshahid

Star Member
May 23, 2012
Swede said:
Congrats!

Getting the letter 2 days after the date? That's just bad form...
Did e-cas update for you in time for your test date?
First time I made a mistake for not tracking it online, but the 2nd time it was updated even before I got the letter.

kisunja

Star Member
Nov 2, 2008
Congrats and thank you for sharing the details of your test! :) Yes, that's been a long journey, indeed. good that the Edmonton office finally started moving forward!

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Firstly congrats!

Secondly: Lesson for self - always keep checking online status weekly. If possible take screenshots on weekly status so that you cant be blamed (although that sounds like borderline maniac, LOL!)

walitys

Star Member
May 19, 2013
Congratulations, jshahid!
test and oath in one week! Is it something new?
I did my test in September 2011 and am still waiting...

CanadianSam

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulation..............
Your detailed test experience is helpful.
Which CIC office processed your application? would you share websites you practiced for Citizenship test Questions? thanks

jshahid

Star Member
May 23, 2012
CanadianSam said:
Congratulation..............
Your detailed test experience is helpful.
Which CIC office processed your application? would you share websites you practiced for Citizenship test Questions? thanks
I am in fort mcmurray but our process location is Edmonton. Some of the links I used were

http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/

http://www.v-soul.com/onlinetest/

http://www.apnatoronto.com/canadian-citizenship-test-practice/

jshahid

Star Member
May 23, 2012
Update on the Oath Ceremony.

The letter that I got stated to be there by 1PM. I arrived there around 12:55 pm and there was a LONG line to verify they papers. Had to stand in line for about an hour. around 2:15pm they were done with the paper works. We had pre - assigned seat. There were about 150 people taking the oath. One of the citizenship rep came up and told us about the program.
Then the Judge came in and the ceremony started. The judge gave a speech, Then we raise our right hand and took the oath in english and french. Then we had 5 more people giving speech (Mayor, MP rep, WOod buffalo rep, one vet... ).
Then they started to call our names and we went up there to receive the the certificate. They don't give the cards any anymore, its a full 8 1/2 X 11 paper.

Despite of crying kids it all was worth it... Now I can call myself a citizen!!

Good luck to all of you, my advice be patient!

Saf_khan

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London - UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Skipped
LANDED..........
01-09-2013
Congrats Shahid.

ISK

Dec 29, 2012
congrat and thank you so much for your detailed journey. my timeline is 2 months after yours so hopefully its all happening soon.
very helpful Shahid