+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Long Background Check in Buffalo

KatKat

Apr 12, 2010
Hi jpadz
Do you have some news from Buffalo?
I have a really long background check in Buffalo. We passed our medical tests on October 13 and still waiting :(

jpadz

Star Member
Oct 19, 2008
Kat,

We just received a reply from them saying that they haven't received yet the results of our background check.
What is your nationality? From what countries you came from?

KatKat

Apr 12, 2010
I am from Russia. I've lived in Canada for 2 years already :)

What does it mean:
We just received a reply from them saying that they haven't received yet the results of our background check
Did you ask them about your application status?
We actually sent them 2 emails and got in both cases same answers that they check our backgrounds, but it seems like the letter that they send to everyone, and they don't really check what happens with documents.

findude32

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
I m also on the same boat. I m provincial nominee from Alberta. Since I heard the medical results are only valid for one year and it going to be one year in May for me. I haven't heard anything since I got my AOR and medical request besides some other documents. I have a friends who was similar situation as mine but he got passport request in March and he will complete his landing process in may. How many times I sent CIC email but I got the same auto generated replay that your application is in process and doing background check. :-(
I just thought I should share my story too.:)

jpadz

Star Member
Oct 19, 2008
Thanks findude for sharing your story. I think it's just us and rasco who were part of the pioneering H1B SRS nominees who haven't received PPR yet. CIC Buffalo just replied to my email saying that their still waiting for their partner agencies for the result of the background check.

To Kat: I think the long background check has something to do with your nationality and countries you've worked for or lived with. We've been waiting for a year now and I hope that it's gonna be over before the anniversary of our medicals which is on July.

findude32

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
I'm wondering how CIC would inform the applicant or how long it takes CIC to contact applicant regarding about redoing the medical. MY medical has expired this month due to long background check. How do I know that CIC would contact me or I just wait to hear from CIC to contact me?
Please share your experience or anything you know about.
Thanks

Arsenal

May 15, 2009
Guys I am in the same place. .. But mine goes way back.
First Medical was done Feb 2009. I received my AOR January 2009.
In March 2010, I got a letter requesting a second Medical because the first is expired. This time I did in the same week. Bufl'o said that they got my second medical.

Right now, I am waiting for the PPR. I have been waiting since April 2009.

Every time I ask them, they reply back with the same answer ..background check from different agencies. I lived in the US since I was 18.

findude32

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
Arsenal said:
Guys I am in the same place. .. But mine goes way back.
First Medical was done Feb 2009. I received my AOR January 2009.
In March 2010, I got a letter requesting a second Medical because the first is expired. This time I did in the same week. Bufl'o said that they got my second medical.

Right now, I am waiting for the PPR. I have been waiting since April 2009.

Every time I ask them, they reply back with the same answer ..background check from different agencies. I lived in the US since I was 18.
Hey Arsenal, I m sure you can answer my query more explicitly. So you said your medical expired in Feb 2010 and got letter to redo medical in march 2010. Did you inform CIC through email that your medical expired or you just got letter from CIC by itself. Can you also tell how long approx CIC took to send you letter to redo the medical?
Mine was done in May 2009 and since then the application is in process due to long back ground check as well. Since my medical expired, I am wondering how would my application will be proceed. BTW I m H1B Alberta nominee program candidate.

mrshah30

Star Member
May 25, 2010
Dear forum members...I am applying for FSW-1..I lived in australia for one year and Ireland for 2 years for my studies..I have police clearance from Australia after two months of leaving australia and also from Ireland when I left the country after that I never been to abroad except for only three months to Ireland. Kindly let me know that whether I need to get again the police clearances. or they will suffice

i will appreciate your response guys..
mrshah

MhK

May 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
IT code (2171)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Jan 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 2010
Med's Request
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Sep 2010
Passport Req..
June 2011
if CIC is taking that much time for their own "Background" check, whats the meaning of them asking us to get the original PCC/FBI reports ....wasting our time/money ?

mrshah30

Star Member
May 25, 2010
MhK said:
if CIC is taking that much time for their own "Background" check, whats the meaning of them asking us to get the original PCC/FBI reports ....wasting our time/money ?
exactly...man.dont know y...they want updated one...