Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
21-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-12
LANDED..........
06-05-12
oly.44 said:
Air transat seem the cheapest from what people are saying. Louth, did you have any transit or they offer direct flights? If it's direct how long?

It was a direct flight from Manchester to Calgary.

LOUTH

Oct 5, 2011
Lethbridge
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
21-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-12
LANDED..........
06-05-12
BDPA said:
LOUTH said:
LVO is unpredictable with regards to timelines 8).May be you should send a CSE,it works sometime.

Hello Louth,

I sent you PM pls could you reply to that.

Apologies.I have been out and about.I will respond to your Pm shortly.

Louth

Thank you.

BDPA

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
imran01 said:
UK is the good country to live.. any specific reason for immigration to canada except personal
I can say UK may be best country to live but Ca offering PR.

But again every one got there personal choice about UK or CA , what I think i about me is :

For me I am in UK since 7 year, came as student , ATM HSMP since 2.3 year.
Will be UK PR in 2.9 year on based upon my HSMP or 3 year on based upon 10 year stay .

Got stable Job , good money, own house (mortgage ) , friends etc, It's near to India and got best weather in world etc etc .

Applied for FSW , at time when my HSMP application was pending in home office .

But as now got My Ca PR. I will be leaving UK and going Ca as I think below :

Canada accepting us where we will be Canadian once we got Canadian citizenship , where as for UK even if we get Citizenship , we will be British Indian or British Asian (we won't be English ).
This country giving preference to English and European over Immigrant , even once you got British Citizenship they sub class you as - British White , British Carrabian , British African or British Asian .

Human right is strong in UK but only if you willing to fight every time for your rights .

No value for Education in UK (mostly) even for Technicals job, you are B.Tech or M.Tech. But will always get competition with people with A levels if they got experience in your field . Nothing like Regulated occupation here (for most of field ) where as in Ca you can only go for Eng jobs if you got proper qualification and licence .

Rules changing day by day , so it's not easy to call your family member in UK (though to call parents in UK is easy then in Ca once you got PR ) .
Easiest route to call your cousins and siblings is student route , in UK if they came as student now then no surety for them to get settle here perm but its easy for them to settle if they come to Canada as student .
(most imp reason for me to choose Ca) .

Canada is near to US , so immigrant people coming to Ca on one hand but lots of Ca citizen moving to US on other hand maintaining gap between supply and demand . Whereas UK getting over crowded by European people plus not many Asian people leave UK once they got PR.

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aquib,
thanks for your inputs..really appreciated.. why i ask this question is just purely that my many ralitives are in UK but i am going for canada and still thinking what is the better option..and i just want to have real and good opinion of a third party...purely unbiased

sanabelj

Dec 24, 2010
Bahrain
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-10
AOR Received.
9-2-11
IELTS Request
submitted
File Transfer...
completed
Med's Request
29-03-12
Med's Done....
24-4-12
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2012
LANDED..........
02-12-2012
Aquib said:
I can say UK may be best country to live but Ca offering PR.

But again every one got there personal choice about UK or CA , what I think i about me is :

For me I am in UK since 7 year, came as student , ATM HSMP since 2.3 year.
Will be UK PR in 2.9 year on based upon my HSMP or 3 year on based upon 10 year stay .

Got stable Job , good money, own house (mortgage ) , friends etc, It's near to India and got best weather in world etc etc .

Applied for FSW , at time when my HSMP application was pending in home office .

But as now got My Ca PR. I will be leaving UK and going Ca as I think below :

Canada accepting us where we will be Canadian once we got Canadian citizenship , where as for UK even if we get Citizenship , we will be British Indian or British Asian (we won't be English ).
This country giving preference to English and European over Immigrant , even once you got British Citizenship they sub class you as - British White , British Carrabian , British African or British Asian .

Human right is strong in UK but only if you willing to fight every time for your rights .

No value for Education in UK (mostly) even for Technicals job, you are B.Tech or M.Tech. But will always get competition with people with A levels if they got experience in your field . Nothing like Regulated occupation here (for most of field ) where as in Ca you can only go for Eng jobs if you got proper qualification and licence .

Rules changing day by day , so it's not easy to call your family member in UK (though to call parents in UK is easy then in Ca once you got PR ) .
Easiest route to call your cousins and siblings is student route , in UK if they came as student now then no surety for them to get settle here perm but its easy for them to settle if they come to Canada as student .
(most imp reason for me to choose Ca) .

Canada is near to US , so immigrant people coming to Ca on one hand but lots of Ca citizen moving to US on other hand maintaining gap between supply and demand . Whereas UK getting over crowded by European people plus not many Asian people leave UK once they got PR.

Dear Aquib,

I totally agree with you , becaz i have gone thourgh the same situation when i was in uk doing my masters.
After that i moved to the middle east and applied for Canadian immigration .

Even i had considered the same points what you have mentioned to choose canada as my immigration destination.

Cheers

sho78

Sep 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-7-2011 (recieved by CIO), CC charged on 16-Aug
Doc's Request.
Sent with the application
AOR Received.
PER received 29th Sept
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
07-03-2012
Med's Done....
12-03-2012, Recd by VO on 16-03-2012, Medical received line added 24-04-12
Passport Req..
14-May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2012
imran01 said:
Aquib,
thanks for your inputs..really appreciated.. why i ask this question is just purely that my many ralitives are in UK but i am going for canada and still thinking what is the better option..and i just want to have real and good opinion of a third party...purely unbiased
In my opinion UK is better than Canada.

9jcanada

Champion Member
Oct 16, 2010
Calgary Alberta
App. Filed.......
12/01/2011
AOR Received.
10/06/2011
Med's Request
09/02/2012
Med's Done....
14/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
04/05/2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
With all due respect, I think we can open another thread and discuss the UK v. Canada there. I think it has the potential to derail the focus and purpose of this thread. I am sure there are many who have committed themselves to moving to Canada and could do with advice and support on getting there, which was the original aim of the thread.

I hope we can keep it that way.

Good luck to everyone.

9j

LOUTH

Oct 5, 2011
Lethbridge
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
21-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-12
LANDED..........
06-05-12
9jcanada said:
With all due respect, I think we can open another thread and discuss the UK v. Canada there. I think it has the potential to derail the focus and purpose of this thread. I am sure there are many who have committed themselves to moving to Canada and could do with advice and support on getting there, which was the original aim of the thread.

I hope we can keep it that way.

Good luck to everyone.

9j

Agree with you absolutely!I believe our decisions should be driven by personal convictions and not public opinion!!!!!

Louth

ashaf79

Sep 12, 2009
Can the friends who received their passports back with visa thru TCS (visatronix?) in Karachi confirm that they do call you at their center and not bring the passport at home? I am still confused if they bring the passport to home or you get a call and have to collect it from their center? I asked visatronix and they told me it will come to home..

discreet

Apr 25, 2010
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/06/2011
AOR Received.
PER: 16/08/2011 AOR: not recieved
IELTS Request
submited with application
File Transfer...
RBVO: 17/09/2011 INPROCESS: 22/12/2011 Addition of newborn within 45 days: 22/12/2011
Med's Request
10/02/2012
Med's Done....
16/02
Passport Req..
PPR 1: 03/04/12 PPR 2: 25/4/12 via email
VISA ISSUED...
recieved on 08.05.12
LANDED..........
July 2012
ashaf79 said:
Can the friends who received their passports back with visa thru TCS (visatronix?) in Karachi confirm that they do call you at their center and not bring the passport at home? I am still confused if they bring the passport to home or you get a call and have to collect it from their center? I asked visatronix and they told me it will come to home..
Dear, it will be delivered at ur mailing address.
we recieved through same way.
visatronics does handle it......comes throght TCS
Regards

ashaf79

Sep 12, 2009
Thanks discreet.. Do they deliver to anyone at home or only the person addressed in the package from CHC (they would address principal applicant I believe)? Do they check ID card and anyone's id card is enough or the person addressed? Lastly, how much they charge (cash on delivery)?

Thanks for your answers and Regards

discreet said:
Dear, it will be delivered at ur mailing address.
we recieved through same way.
visatronics does handle it......comes throght TCS
Regards

Mr PRESIDENT

Mar 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 sep 2011
AOR Received.
18 dec 2011
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
Yes
Med's Request
Coming soon
Med's Done....
Coming soon
Interview........
They don't want to mess with me
Passport Req..
Coming soon
VISA ISSUED...
Coming soon
LANDED..........
Get ready canada I am coming soon
Happy mothers day to all the MOM's in this forum and out there.

prishy2canada

Jan 11, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Dec 2010
AOR Received.
09 Mar 2011
File Transfer...
28 Sep 2011
Med's Request
05 Oct 2011
Med's Done....
27 Oct 2011 (MR have been received: 15 Nov 2011)
Passport Req..
03 May 2012
VISA ISSUED...
07 June 2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
LOUTH said:
We used this airline last week from Manchester to Calgary and we find them descent enough.The only issue is that they are EXTREMELY forcy about the baggage allowance.Once you go above the maximum 23kg allowed even by a kg you should be prepared to pay for excess luggage.

Louth
I have seen mixed comments on british expat forum. Did you hear anything in particular like rejecting you at the check-in due to overbooking...?
Nice to hear that you didn't have any issues... Did you have a bargain like a £199 ?

Best,
p2c

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
prishy2canada said:
I have seen mixed comments on british expat forum. Did you hear anything in particular like rejecting you at the check-in due to overbooking...?
Nice to hear that you didn't have any issues... Did you have a bargain like a £199 ?

Best,
p2c
I have notice that even if we pay 99£ extra to club class upgrade , they give 40 kg baggage plus 15 kg hand baggage allowance. Still cheaper then any other airline economy class .

LOUTH

Oct 5, 2011
Lethbridge
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
21-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-12
LANDED..........
06-05-12
prishy2canada said:

Best,
p2c
No issue with overbooking :)yes we got the bargaing deal :eek:

Louth