+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

London visa office - medicals completed in July/August 2012 - let's connect

tarekquebec

Dec 29, 2012
Hello all
After 11 months from waiting ??? After medical request i've got PPR :D :D :D :D
Thanks my God
And now my E-CAS Shows DM ALHAMDOLELLAH , can any body tell me what does that means?

dr.anam

Star Member
Mar 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
Nomination.....
none
AOR Received.
june 2011
IELTS Request
sent with docs
File Transfer...
sep 2011
Med's Request
july 2012
Med's Done....
aug 2012
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
wating..
mridul_sh1979 said:
Hi anam,
What form did they ask you to submit again due to gap? Evev they asked me to send personal history form again after I turned 18 yr old to present date.
Mridul
i submitted personal histiry form too...( had some gaps in time)

dr.anam

Star Member
Mar 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
Nomination.....
none
AOR Received.
june 2011
IELTS Request
sent with docs
File Transfer...
sep 2011
Med's Request
july 2012
Med's Done....
aug 2012
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
wating..

egale

Star Member
Feb 28, 2011
First of all congratulation tarek i saw that jmr is your visa officier such as me and dr anam and samar and many members so you did your med in april now is march and ypi are ksa applicant you will send passport to london so please tell us the validity of your visa . Dr anam and samar please share your experieence and thoughts about jmr as i did my med on sep and last vom is still background checks and aait 3-4 months
thanks
waiting yiur inputs

Ketevan

Mar 26, 2012
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Federal), Paris (BIQ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011 (Quebec); 29-02-2012 (Federal), signed by KRSZWDA
Nomination.....
Interview letter received from BIQ (Paris) November 2011
AOR Received.
15-08-2011 (Quebec); 23-03-2012 (Federal, e-mail)
File Transfer...
19-04-2012 (London started processing)
Med's Request
12-06-2012 (delivered on 19-06-2012 by post)
Med's Done....
04-07-2012 (received by London on 09-07-2012, signed by IAN); appeared on ECAS on 31-07-2012
Interview........
06-02-2012 (got CSQ at Paris BIQ)
Passport Req..
30-07-12, but cancelled on 08-08-12 (additional background checks needed :o ) New passport req. - 05/11/12
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-12 (Passport submitted in person 15/11/12; Decision made and canadian address on ECAS 23/11/12; passport picked up in person 29/11/12).
LANDED..........
09-03-13, Montreal YUL
My landing:

Finally arrived in Montreal. Landing was very efficient.

First, I queued in the visitor sector of the passport control, where the officer checked my passport and customs declaration that I filled in the airplane. He only asked me about the goods/money that I declared on the form without checking any papers. He asked me why I declared plants and animals - told him that I have a massage gel containing herbs and my bag contains leather. He smiled and asked me whether I brought food - he was pleased when I said no.

Second, I picked up my luggage and went to the Immigration bireau. There I was welcomed by Customs officer who got excited that I prepared two copies of B4 forms. He took my papers and asked me to wait. I waited for 5 minutes and was picked up by young and smiling officer. He filled my COPR and asked me to sign it. Then he stamped my B4 forms along with jewellery pictures and stapled them to the COPR to return to me. He also asked me if I have jewellery valuation by jeweller. Told him that I did not. Luckily another officer interfered and said that for landing I am fine, but if I plan to leave Canada with this jewelry and enter later, I will be asked jewelry valuation to make sure that no import duties are required.

BTW I was not asked proof of funds. The officer accepted my word. Also, my luggage was not inspected.

He advised that PR card should arrive within 6 weeks and I should phone CIC if it does not.

I was expecting to apply for SIN as well at the airport, but I was not offered this option.

The last stage was to go to Quebec immigration to receive a bunch of guides and maps and a list of organizations where I can make appointment for introductory session about settlement.

This is all that I can remember after a 24-hour trip. BTW, it is nice and dry here.

tarekquebec

Dec 29, 2012
Ketevan said:
My landing:

Finally arrived in Montreal. Landing was very efficient.

First, I queued in the visitor sector of the passport control, where the officer checked my passport and customs declaration that I filled in the airplane. He only asked me about the goods/money that I declared on the form without checking any papers. He asked me why I declared plants and animals - told him that I have a massage gel containing herbs and my bag contains leather. He smiled and asked me whether I brought food - he was pleased when I said no.

Second, I picked up my luggage and went to the Immigration bireau. There I was welcomed by Customs officer who got excited that I prepared two copies of B4 forms. He took my papers and asked me to wait. I waited for 5 minutes and was picked up by young and smiling officer. He filled my COPR and asked me to sign it. Then he stamped my B4 forms along with jewellery pictures and stapled them to the COPR to return to me. He also asked me if I have jewellery valuation by jeweller. Told him that I did not. Luckily another officer interfered and said that for landing I am fine, but if I plan to leave Canada with this jewelry and enter later, I will be asked jewelry valuation to make sure that no import duties are required.

BTW I was not asked proof of funds. The officer accepted my word. Also, my luggage was not inspected.

He advised that PR card should arrive within 6 weeks and I should phone CIC if it does not.

I was expecting to apply for SIN as well at the airport, but I was not offered this option.

The last stage was to go to Quebec immigration to receive a bunch of guides and maps and a list of organizations where I can make appointment for introductory session about settlement.

This is all that I can remember after a 24-hour trip. BTW, it is nice and dry here.
Thanks very much ketevan for your sharing your landing experience i think it will be usefull to me also , and wishing to you nicenice and easy settelment there .

tarekquebec

Dec 29, 2012
egale said:
First of all congratulation tarek i saw that jmr is your visa officier such as me and dr anam and samar and many members so you did your med in april now is march and ypi are ksa applicant you will send passport to london so please tell us the validity of your visa . Dr anam and samar please share your experieence and thoughts about jmr as i did my med on sep and last vom is still background checks and aait 3-4 months
thanks
waiting yiur inputs
Sure eagle but can you tell me that the DM means that the visa is already stamped or what because i'm still waiting to arrange myself since the time is very tight hoping that i can do it , because as you know in saudi the work regulations not that easy to take a vacation or to quit immediately :mad: :mad: :mad:.
Thanks for you eagle

dr.anam

Star Member
Mar 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
Nomination.....
none
AOR Received.
june 2011
IELTS Request
sent with docs
File Transfer...
sep 2011
Med's Request
july 2012
Med's Done....
aug 2012
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
wating..
egale said:
thanks
waiting yiur inputs
Welcome to the JMR club....:)
Well i did my medicals in end of august...and then i was asked to resubmit my background declaration forms twice ( once for me and second time for my spouse )
and the latest CSE i sent regarding my application status JMR replied that file is awaiting review by officer after initial backgrounds checks have been done.this was in Jan and that we will get back to u wd more info within the next 3-4 months....

mridul_sh1979

Star Member
Jun 30, 2011
Hi Dr Anam,
I am in same boat as you are and even I am a dentist working in Dammam. Where are you right now? Can we talk on email my email in mridul_sh1979@yahoo.com. I was asked to submit personal history form for me and my spouse in sep2012 with medicals and PCC. After I submitted PCC, medicals and RPRF they sent me PCC back as I did not attach english translation which I submitted in Nov2012. I was then told by email in Feb2013 that they had sent me a letter in Nov2012 in which they asked me to submit personal history since 18th birthday to present day. Although they told me they sent a letter dated Nov2012 which I never received in my PO Box till date. I became aware of it when they sent me email in feb2013 that I have to send personal history again when they sent me email in feb2013. I dont understand why they keep on asking the same personal history again and again.
Regards
Mridul

egale

Star Member
Feb 28, 2011
Hi Mirdul
i am like you i have the same situation
please if there are any correspondance between you and the visa officier tell us who is he ? JMR or CKL or NMP
waiting for you
and Hi dr anam and samar

what are your situation now
i am still waiting

aelhosary

Feb 17, 2011
[b]Dear all members Alhmodllilah , yesterday I received my PPR , . I am so happy because I was very frustrated last months about PPR as my VO JMR as I am usually reading the feedback from the members , But I am very happy ,to give all members with VO JMR the hope that they will receive soon Inshallh PPR .
You can check my post on page 177, as My medical request was on 2/8/2012 , done on ,26/8/2012 , received by London VO on 3/8/2012, 3rd line on Ecase 10/9/2012, PPR on 12/3/2012./ Visa for me will be valid till 10/9/2013
I am praying for all members to get the PPR soon Inshallah , because I received my PPR after 6 months from medical , by the way I am resident of UAE.
Good Luck for all thanks a lot for your support.

Ketevan

Mar 26, 2012
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Federal), Paris (BIQ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011 (Quebec); 29-02-2012 (Federal), signed by KRSZWDA
Nomination.....
Interview letter received from BIQ (Paris) November 2011
AOR Received.
15-08-2011 (Quebec); 23-03-2012 (Federal, e-mail)
File Transfer...
19-04-2012 (London started processing)
Med's Request
12-06-2012 (delivered on 19-06-2012 by post)
Med's Done....
04-07-2012 (received by London on 09-07-2012, signed by IAN); appeared on ECAS on 31-07-2012
Interview........
06-02-2012 (got CSQ at Paris BIQ)
Passport Req..
30-07-12, but cancelled on 08-08-12 (additional background checks needed :o ) New passport req. - 05/11/12
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-12 (Passport submitted in person 15/11/12; Decision made and canadian address on ECAS 23/11/12; passport picked up in person 29/11/12).
LANDED..........
09-03-13, Montreal YUL
My settlement days

On Monday I Went to Service Canada to get SIN. I had to queue for an hour, but the process took less than 10 minutes. The lady scanned my landing papers and gave me my SIN. She said that my SIN card will be posted within 15 working days to me. This SIN is the equivalent of UK NI number and necessary for working.

On Tuesday went to Assurance maladie (health insurance). Filled out a bunch of forms. The gentleman scanned my documents, but advised that my application cannot be finalized until I provide proof of address, e.g. Utility bill. He gave me 45 days for this.

So I went to buy a cell phone plan from Koodo. Got a free blackberry and a plan for 30 dol.per month, including unlimited texts worldwide. Now I am waiting impatiently for my bill to finish with assurance maladie.

On wednesday I went to view a flat that I found on kijiji. I liked the flat and immediately applied. The rental office asked me bank statements and receipt from my current accommodation. They approved my application immediately and took my deposit. We made agreement that I will move in April. I am happy that I have home now because without credit history, co-signer and a stable income it is not easy to get a flat here.

Accommodation is much cheaper in Montreal than in the UK where both property and utility are expensive. I got a furnished studio with all bills included for 490 dol. only. In Glasgow I was paying 1000 dollars for the same. And I would be paying even more in London. However, food is more expensive here than in the UK. One muffin costs 3 dollars at IGA, while for the same amount I could buy a box of muffins at Sainsbury's. Another inconvenience is that prices displayed exclude tax and you should estimate the exact bill by mental calculation.

On Wednesday afternoon I went to bank for my appointment. I chose Scotia bank before coming here because of their programme for new immigrants. They offer one year of free banking, one credit card, one debit card, one movie point card (to collect points for movies), one year of free deposit box services and one saving account. All accounts were opened immediately.

Today I visited Centre local d'emploi - local employment office. It has computers with free internet access, printing and a software to facilitate CV writing. Will go there tommorrow again to start the long and painful process of job hunting.

SABU79

Champion Member
Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ketevan said:
My settlement days

On Monday I Went to Service Canada to get SIN. I had to queue for an hour, but the process took less than 10 minutes. The lady scanned my landing papers and gave me my SIN. She said that my SIN card will be posted within 15 working days to me. This SIN is the equivalent of UK NI number and necessary for working.

On Tuesday went to Assurance maladie (health insurance). Filled out a bunch of forms. The gentleman scanned my documents, but advised that my application cannot be finalized until I provide proof of address, e.g. Utility bill. He gave me 45 days for this.

So I went to buy a cell phone plan from Koodo. Got a free blackberry and a plan for 30 dol.per month, including unlimited texts worldwide. Now I am waiting impatiently for my bill to finish with assurance maladie.

On wednesday I went to view a flat that I found on kijiji. I liked the flat and immediately applied. The rental office asked me bank statements and receipt from my current accommodation. They approved my application immediately and took my deposit. We made agreement that I will move in April. I am happy that I have home now because without credit history, co-signer and a stable income it is not easy to get a flat here.

Accommodation is much cheaper in Montreal than in the UK where both property and utility are expensive. I got a furnished studio with all bills included for 490 dol. only. In Glasgow I was paying 1000 dollars for the same. And I would be paying even more in London. However, food is more expensive here than in the UK. One muffin costs 3 dollars at IGA, while for the same amount I could buy a box of muffins at Sainsbury's. Another inconvenience is that prices displayed exclude tax and you should estimate the exact bill by mental calculation.

On Wednesday afternoon I went to bank for my appointment. I chose Scotia bank before coming here because of their programme for new immigrants. They offer one year of free banking, one credit card, one debit card, one movie point card (to collect points for movies), one year of free deposit box services and one saving account. All accounts were opened immediately.

Today I visited Centre local d'emploi - local employment office. It has computers with free internet access, printing and a software to facilitate CV writing. Will go there tommorrow again to start the long and painful process of job hunting.
Thanks for your post. It was very clear and straightforward. And its good to know that you are used to living in Glasgow. This is also my city. Best of luck.

SABU79

Champion Member
Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,
Can anyone tell me what the security is and what the criminality is? What does VO check under these terminology? I would appreciate your time. I did google it but couldnt find the answer. Hope you help me.
Thank you.

ABMIR

Star Member
Jul 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris/London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-11
Doc's Request.
10-11-2012
Nomination.....
14-02-2012
AOR Received.
Paris:10-08-2011/CIO:04-04-12
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
25/04/12
Med's Request
16/05/12
Med's Done....
26/05/12
Interview........
14-02-2012
Passport Req..
08-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
LANDED..........
when GOD wish
Ketevan said:
My settlement days

Hi Ketavan,

Great to know that things are rolling for you. Also thanks for sharing all these valuable information. Which area of Montreal have you found your accommodation?
We will be flying on the 20th of March. Wish you all the best with the job hunt.

God Bless
ABMIR