+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

London (United Kingdom) VFS Passport Submission Timeline

mj_canada

Jul 27, 2015
hello guys, i submitted my passport two days ago and made payments for one way courier and attached payment evidence. I got email from vfs london yesterday acknowledging receipt and transmission of documents to IRCC for each family member. Then a seperate mail from them attaching invoice and detailing the payments required which i have done but in the section of fees collected , it's nil. Also are my dependent kids supposed to pay transmission fees since we submitted the same vfs i and my spouse gave biometrics and the biometrics fees paid initially is for family.I saw this as additional fees in the invoice attached. Anybody with such experience/clarification
Hi, did you manage to resolve your issue of fees? I think if they (VFS) have already sent the package to IRCC, then, you do not need to worry about the fees anymore.

And, did you hear back from IRCC yet on the status of passports? I am curious because I am trying to understand latest timeline (to make an estimate about when I will get our passports back).

Darth Vader

Aug 19, 2018
Hi, did you manage to resolve your issue of fees? I think if they (VFS) have already sent the package to IRCC, then, you do not need to worry about the fees anymore.

And, did you hear back from IRCC yet on the status of passports? I am curious because I am trying to understand latest timeline (to make an estimate about when I will get our passports back).
IRCC has acknowledged receipt and it’s being processed

Reactions: mj_canada

amtdmt

Feb 23, 2023
Does anyone have an idea about current PR passport processing times?

My wife (PA) finally got her PPR (outland spousal PR) on May 4th and we immediately submitted her passport (online, as she’s visa exempt) and photos via VFS in London. IRCC confirmed they started processing (based on VFS tracking) May 15th and nothing since.

Very frustrated as her medical expires on the 30th!! IRCC has not acknowledged any webform emails or queries throughout the whole process.. not sure if we should redo medical or not. It’s going to be impossible and expensive to book a last minute ‘soft’ landing flight to Canada in just a couple weeks. Not to mention arranging time off work, etc.
Sorry to moan but why must the IRCC cause such misery with their garbage bureaucracy.

mj_canada

Jul 27, 2015

My wife (PA) finally got her PPR (outland spousal PR) on May 4th and we immediately submitted her passport (online, as she’s visa exempt) and photos via VFS in London. IRCC confirmed they started processing (based on VFS tracking) May 15th and nothing since.

Very frustrated as her medical expires on the 30th!! IRCC has not acknowledged any webform emails or queries throughout the whole process.. not sure if we should redo medical or not. It’s going to be impossible and expensive to book a last minute ‘soft’ landing flight to Canada in just a couple weeks. Not to mention arranging time off work, etc.
Sorry to moan but why must the IRCC cause such misery with their garbage bureaucracy.
I could imagine your frustration. There are a couple of recent applications for whom IRCC started processing on May 15 / 16, and they have received their COPR last week. So, yours may be coming soon. Did you try calling them?

amtdmt

Feb 23, 2023
Thank you mj canada, our fingers are crossed it will be soon!
I haven’t been able to find a phone number for the London IRCC office (I doubt they would answer anyway) and the main IRCC in Canada line never connects through when calling from abroad. Do you happen to have a number we can try? (Sorry if I’ve missed this in earlier posts)

mj_canada

Jul 27, 2015
Thank you mj canada, our fingers are crossed it will be soon!
I haven’t been able to find a phone number for the London IRCC office (I doubt they would answer anyway) and the main IRCC in Canada line never connects through when calling from abroad. Do you happen to have a number we can try? (Sorry if I’ve missed this in earlier posts)
Check this link: https://www.international.gc.ca/country-pays/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/london-londres.aspx?lang=eng

Click on the contact us tab. There is a number. Of course, I am not sure you will get to talk, but good to try.

Mes88

May 25, 2023
Thanks for the link, I’ll have to try them tomorrow and I’ll let the forum know if any luck.
Yes please do this will help me too we have been waiting almost 4 weeks since they began processing our copr thank you!

haris462

Jul 2, 2015

Weird. Ours arrived to IRCC on 16th and already got back passports last week. Similar timelines for some people who send passports around this time. Fingers crossed you get an email tomorrow and passports this week. What was the expiry detailed in the passport request letter?

mj_canada

Jul 27, 2015
Has anyone here been successful in contacting IRCC (London VO) and requesting them to expedite the process? If yes, how did you do it?