waived
Passport Req..
19-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
Re: Envelope

B.C said:
Re. Pre-paid envelope.

I noticed the no stamps thing as well. I applied last year and I swear they wanted pre-paid envelopes. The rules may have changed since last year. I think they were quite specific last year about it being a pre-paid special envelope.
I went to the post office last year and bought a C5 pre-paid envelope. It was a silver-grey colour and the material was similar to a strong plastic bag. I think it was a C5 pre-paid special delivery envelope - that could take 500g of weight.
I think they had next day written on them. Again, I'm not 100% sure. I'm re-applying so I have to buy some myself and I'm unsure if they mean pre-paid or self addressed envelope.
Thanks, I will get the pre-paid envelope. I don't want my passport get lost anyways ;D

123AB

Mar 30, 2012
hay anyone here who is not a UK citizen and planning to apply?? and also question for everyone do LCHC accept printout of bank statement stamp/auth. by the local branch??

oscargang

Star Member
Feb 28, 2011
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
19-01-2017
AOR Received.
10-02-2017
File Transfer...
31-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-11-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
Today I get a reply from CIC London. It seems that we need only to send a self-addressed envelope, no stamp, no prepaid :p

Code:
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Please just send a self-addressed envelope. We will return all documents via tracked post. You do not need to worry about sending a pre-paid registered envelope. 

Yours sincerely,
Client Service Unit (RCS)

123AB

Mar 30, 2012
hay guys i applied for visa today sent all my docs so it will get there by tomm. ......... waiting game begins anyone else here planning to apply??

happy213

Oct 12, 2011
123AB said:
hay guys i applied for visa today sent all my docs so it will get there by tomm. ......... waiting game begins anyone else here planning to apply??
Good luck Bro, I think it will take about 6-7 weeks process. Can you share your profile please? I am planning to apply as well.

B.C

Nov 9, 2011
I've re-applied at the London Office. The men in charge of the drop off box area are extremely nice and helpful. Regarding the self addressed envelope, I included an ordinary brown envelope as it says on the instructions that no stamp is needed. But the officials at drop off box told me that it had to be one of those silver pre-paid Royal Mail envelopes. Luckily there was a post office next door, so I quickly dashed in and got one. They told me that it takes 6-7 weeks to process an application if the applicant has an EU passport, unless there are complications. I have a British passport and last year it took 4 months for my study permit application to be processed, so there must have been some complication in my case. Last year I really stressed myself out waiting to hear back from the embassy. This year I will try to be more relaxed and philosphical. Good luck to everyone who's applying.

123AB

Mar 30, 2012
B.C said:
I've re-applied at the London Office. The men in charge of the drop off box area are extremely nice and helpful. Regarding the self addressed envelope, I included an ordinary brown envelope as it says on the instructions that no stamp is needed. But the officials at drop off box told me that it had to be one of those silver pre-paid Royal Mail envelopes. Luckily there was a post office next door, so I quickly dashed in and got one. They told me that it takes 6-7 weeks to process an application if the applicant has an EU passport, unless there are complications. I have a British passport and last year it took 4 months for my study permit application to be processed, so there must have been some complication in my case. Last year I really stressed myself out waiting to hear back from the embassy. This year I will try to be more relaxed and philosphical. Good luck to everyone who's applying.
hay BC thanks for the info ...... i got few questions for you.... did u paid any thing for that silver envelope?? i attach the same but didn`t paid for it......also i forgot to attach my educational certificates the reason was it is no where mention in their checklist or anyother place plus i completely forgot to add them with my application now i have mailed them that if i can update my application by adding thoes certi. but i dont really know if they actualy need them or not did u submit ur certi.???

B.C

Nov 9, 2011
123AB

I didn't see anything in the instructions about educational certificates - I didn't send any either.

Yes, I paid for the silver C5 pre-paid special delivery envelope - that could take 500g of weight. It costs £6.00+ It comes in two sizes. I don't think it matters what type of envelope you attach. On the instructions it says no stamp needed on the envelope and 'oscargang' e-mailed the London embassy about the envelopes and they replied that an ordinary envelope is fine.

B.C

Nov 9, 2011
123AB,

Much later than I wanted to due to complications - 1st of June, but the file won't be processed until June 5th because of the Jubilee. Last year I submitted it around June 22nd, so I wanted to be earlier this year. Last year I made a really stupid mistake and my file was returned. I then resubmitted it in August 2011 and I didn't get my Letter of Introduction until November 2011.

123AB

Mar 30, 2012
ohh so we both applied on the same date let see who gets the reply first ..... so stay in touch buddy..... i posted my application on 31/5/12 which get there on 1/6/12 one more question what exchange rate they apply to convert our money from £ to $ so they can calculate our exact available fund?? i dont know that if they do that or not :)

B.C

Nov 9, 2011
123AB,

I am not sure about the exchange rate - I know that my total funds amount fluctuated quite wildly within a space of a few days because the exchange rate kept changing and not in my favour I might add.

I really think how long it takes to process the application is down to luck and the visa officer you get and when you submit it. I wish I'd submitted mine earlier in April or May when it's less busy. Last year, I submitted mine the same time as other people on this forum and they got their visa approved in 8-10 weeks while mine took much longer.