+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

London or Delhi - key questions

captain74

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
Hi All

I am an Indian national currently resident in the UK (on ILR). I am now in the process of applying under the FSW class and have read the discussions on this forum with great interest.

From another thread on this forum I know the general preference for people like me is to file the application with New Delhi quoted as the visa office.

I have some questions in this regard and would greatly appreciate if you all can give me your thoughts on these.

1. In case I name New Delhi as the visa office, do I need to have a correspondence address in India for the Delhi CHC to send me letters etc or can I quote my UK address for this purpose?

2. In case the application goes to the medical stage, do I need to go to India for that or is it possible to get the medical done in the UK?

3. Is it alright to send documents certified by a UK Barrister or do I need to have them certified in India?

4. If all goes well and passports are requested for visa stamping, do I need to go to India to get it done or can it be done by post?

5. Finally, I have the police clearance issued by Indian High Commission in London. Will this suffice for my application or do I need to get one form India if New delhi is named as the visa office?

Many thanks

OmSai73

Mar 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
God's Decession
Passport Req..
1-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Yes on Dec-15-2014
LANDED..........
Planning for March 2015
captain74 said:
Hi All

I am an Indian national currently resident in the UK (on ILR). I am now in the process of applying under the FSW class and have read the discussions on this forum with great interest.

From another thread on this forum I know the general preference for people like me is to file the application with New Delhi quoted as the visa office.

I have some questions in this regard and would greatly appreciate if you all can give me your thoughts on these.

1. In case I name New Delhi as the visa office, do I need to have a correspondence address in India for the Delhi CHC to send me letters etc or can I quote my UK address for this purpose?

Your Correspond address in UK is fine.

2. In case the application goes to the medical stage, do I need to go to India for that or is it possible to get the medical done in the UK?

You can take medicals in UK

3. Is it alright to send documents certified by a UK Barrister or do I need to have them certified in India?

4. If all goes well and passports are requested for visa stamping, do I need to go to India to get it done or can it be done by post?

I am also looking for answer for this question?
5. Finally, I have the police clearance issued by Indian High Commission in London. Will this suffice for my application or do I need to get one form India if New delhi is named as the visa office?

You can submit the PCC given by Highcomission in London.
Many thanks

captain74

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
Thanks OmSai73

One follow-up question

re medicals in the UK, do I need to mention anything now in the cover letter or wait and tackle the issue when it arises? What would you do?

Also, would be good catch up on phone and compare notes if that works for you.

How does that sound?

Regards

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
You dont need to quote anything on medical for now. just apply and when you get to that bridge you will cross it.

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
captain74 said:
Hi All

UK address is fine.

You can do your medicals in UK.

UK barrister is fine.

You will have to travel to India as passports cant be sent out from India by post. Visa is stamped on the same office where your application was processed so you will have to travel to India.

That PCC is fine no need to get it from India.

Many thanks
Cheers
Saki