+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Local PCC Validity for Canadian Citizenship

serious_indian

Star Member
Aug 8, 2009
Hello,

I am a Canadian Permanent Resident who is eligible for Canadian Citizenship as per the time spent in Canada. However I left Canada in the mid of last year and have been in India since then. So as per the timeline, I have spent well over 6 months outside Canada.

Now, If I wish to return back to Canada and file my citizenship application, I would be needing the police clearance certificate from India (as I have spent over 6 months in India now).

The main question now is that if I obtain the INDIAN (local) PCC from my city in India and take that back to Canada, will it be accepted for the Canadian citizenship application? Or do i need to obtain PCC after I enter Canada and obtain through BLS/Embassy in Canada?

Thanks.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello,

I am a Canadian Permanent Resident who is eligible for Canadian Citizenship as per the time spent in Canada. However I left Canada in the mid of last year and have been in India since then. So as per the timeline, I have spent well over 6 months outside Canada.

Now, If I wish to return back to Canada and file my citizenship application, I would be needing the police clearance certificate from India (as I have spent over 6 months in India now).

The main question now is that if I obtain the INDIAN (local) PCC from my city in India and take that back to Canada, will it be accepted for the Canadian citizenship application? Or do i need to obtain PCC after I enter Canada and obtain through BLS/Embassy in Canada?

Thanks.
To be valid, the police certificate must be either issued

after the last time you were in that country

serious_indian

Star Member
Aug 8, 2009
To be valid, the police certificate must be either issued

after the last time you were in that country
So that means if I take the PCC while staying in India and then come to Canada and use it to file my Canadian Citizenship Application, will it be accepted? For example only, lets say I got the PCC in April from India, I then reach Canada in May and file my application, will it be accepted?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hello,

Thanks.
You need to apply PCC from BLS . They won’t accept PCC from local Police station.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
So that means if I take the PCC while staying in India and then come to Canada and use it to file my Canadian Citizenship Application, will it be accepted? For example only, lets say I got the PCC in April from India, I then reach Canada in May and file my application, will it be accepted?
It should be issued after you leave India.