+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Local Office

elfut

Star Member
Jun 6, 2005
British Columbia
I have received a letter saying it is transferred to local office for further assessment under Spouse/Common Law in Canada class.

What is next? Any ideas?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

elfut said:
I have received a letter saying it is transferred to local office for further assessment under Spouse/Common Law in Canada class.

What is next? Any ideas?
Without a decision made, probably an interview to determine if the marriage is bona fide. Could be security or criminality, but usually marriage.

PMM

elfut

Star Member
Jun 6, 2005
British Columbia
PMM said:
Hi

elfut said:

What is next? Any ideas?
Without a decision made, probably an interview to determine if the marriage is bona fide. Could be security or criminality, but usually marriage.

It is probably security or marriage. I don't think I have criminal records for one. Security maybe, I am from Singapore.
I hope it's not anything serious. And we are expecting a baby due next month. Called CIC and was informed to update our application.

PMM
It is probably security or marriage. I don't think I have criminal records for one. Security maybe, I am from Singapore.
I hope it's not anything serious. And we are expecting a baby due next month. Called CIC and was informed to update our application.

Reason I said Singapore and security is because when I applied for the application, my criminal check was not included because CIC indicate that they have to acquire my criminal check at a later stage. They probably need my Criminal Record check at a later stage or something. I applied a work permit together with my application. From what I know since I was working for the Singapore government, we need an official purpose or letter before we can release a Singapore criminal record check.
I really hope things can go swiftly as my partner is on EI now and no one is working, and I can't work until I get something.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
elfut said:

What is next? Any ideas?

are you applying outland? Why do you think it can be the problem if you are asked for the interview?

elfut

Star Member
Jun 6, 2005
British Columbia
no, I am applying in-land.

im not saying there is a problem. just that in my application I did not send the criminal record certificate and where I came from, they need a letter of proof stating that I need to send my criminal record cert to CIC.

elfut

Star Member
Jun 6, 2005
British Columbia
PMM said:
Hi

elfut said:

What is next? Any ideas?

PMM
hi PMM

Do I still need to extend my Visa or what should I do? I am not sure what is my status now. I applied last year October so is my Visa still valid after they transfer my application to a local office?
thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

elfut said:
PMM said:
Hi

elfut said:

What is next? Any ideas?

PMM
hi PMM

Do I still need to extend my Visa or what should I do? I am not sure what is my status now. I applied last year October so is my Visa still valid after they transfer my application to a local office?
thanks!
Yes, you should extend your visitor permit.

PMM

elfut

Star Member
Jun 6, 2005
British Columbia
PMM said:
Hi

elfut said:
PMM said:
Hi

elfut said:

What is next? Any ideas?

PMM
hi PMM

thanks!
Yes, you should extend your visitor permit.

PMM
I see but we are a bit confused. so what happened to the work permit/change of condition of stay application that we included together with the PR forms? it is not relevant now?
I'll try to call CIC about that in the weekdays. Thanks for your input.

Savannah

May 4, 2009
Hello,

I recently noticed on my e-cas that a 'decision has been made.' I had previously submitted all of my police clearances and my medical exam...

Could this mean that I have been accepted?

Timeline:
Jan.26, 2009--Sent application to Buffalo
March 6, 2009--Received letter stating Buffalo was processing file
April 21, 2009--Received letter that Buffalo transferred file to Detroit to expedite process
March 4, 2009--E-cas states 'decision made'

AMB

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
elfut-

Your work permit application would have been processed at the First Stage of Approval, but it seems your application was forwarded to the local office before this, and you have not yet reached that First Stage. You will have to keep renewing your visitor record, on the grounds that the sponsorship is in process, and you'll get your open work permit when/if the local office determines you've met the requirements for First Stage.

elfut

Star Member
Jun 6, 2005
British Columbia
I see. Thanks for your input. I called CIC and they informed my case would be processed within 9 months at the local office and told me that my passports must be valid for the duration of my stay, they did not state if I am to apply an extension. But I will call them again to make sure. Besides, if i were to apply another extension/work permit(change of status), i would have already broken the law or overstayed since it has been more than 9 months that I am in Canada. This is my timeline:

Application sent: Oct 2008.
Application processed: Nov 2008.
Application transferred: April 2009.

And I am not sure if I have to fly back home because I am from Singapore, I can only allow to stay overseas(out of Singapore) maximum of 1 year without working overseas or other official matters. Looks like I have to apply two Extension for both countries, Singapore law and Canadian law. I have to go back Singapore before 31 June 2009 or I would face a hefty fine and on June 25th my partner is expecting our baby. Time is very slim..for my case. I don't mind waiting for everything but if the government keeps hounding me I would have no choice worst case scenario. Should get FOSS.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

elfut said:
I see. Thanks for your input. I called CIC and they informed my case would be processed within 9 months at the local office and told me that my passports must be valid for the duration of my stay, they did not state if I am to apply an extension. But I will call them again to make sure. Besides, if i were to apply another extension/work permit(change of status), i would have already broken the law or overstayed since it has been more than 9 months that I am in Canada. This is my timeline:

Application sent: Oct 2008.
Application processed: Nov 2008.
Application transferred: April 2009.

And I am not sure if I have to fly back home because I am from Singapore, I can only allow to stay overseas(out of Singapore) maximum of 1 year without working overseas or other official matters. Looks like I have to apply two Extension for both countries, Singapore law and Canadian law. I have to go back Singapore before 31 June 2009 or I would face a hefty fine and on June 25th my partner is expecting our baby. Time is very slim..for my case. I don't mind waiting for everything but if the government keeps hounding me I would have no choice worst case scenario. Should get FOSS.
If you applied for an open work permit/visitor extension with your application to Vegreville, then you still have implied status and don't have to file an extension request. If you didn't enclose the application with the "in Canada" application, you should request an extension.

PMM