25-01-2011
Passport Req..
25-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-02-2011
LANDED..........
-
Hey guys..

I am going to film school in vancouver in may. I applied for my visa on 4 jan 2010 under general without medical examination. I know i will be getting my passport back for medical examination. But I dont know why all the negative thoughts are coming in my mind. :/ I was reading some topics & got concerned regarding the loan. My college is private & the fees is around 52,000 cad $. I was thinking is it really necessary to take loan for the study visa. I was reading in some website & there it was written that Loan is important to have the study visa. My course is of 1 year & my dad and mom will support me. I showed all the necessary documents of my dad & mom i.e. bank a/c's with more amount needed for tution fee + living expenses, income tax return. So, is taking loan is very important for getting the visa coz it was written in bold words in general checklist & its impossible to take that much loan too... So should i really be worried about taking the laon or its just fine if i dont take any loan... ??

Thankx in advance.. :)

Obeid_oo

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If u can make the required funds available ie tuition fees for 1 year plus 10000 dollar for living expenses and 3000 dollar for ticket then why take a loan,provided you have strong ties to country

;D ;D ;D ;D

deep9706

Star Member
Jan 4, 2011
New Delhi
Visa Office......
CIC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Med's Request
17-01-2011
Med's Done....
25-01-2011
Passport Req..
25-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-02-2011
LANDED..........
-
Obeid_oo said:
If u can make the required funds available ie tuition fees for 1 year plus 10000 dollar for living expenses and 3000 dollar for ticket then why take a loan,provided you have strong ties to country

;D ;D ;D ;D
ahh.!! ok thankx for the reply... Even i hope so that officer dont put any exclamation mark over that... :s

Then what CIC officer takes consideration off & judge that we will come back or not. ??

acemsyed

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
2112 / 1236
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Loan is necessary if you're applying under SPP category, otherwise its not.

Cheers ;-)

deep9706

Star Member
Jan 4, 2011
New Delhi
Visa Office......
CIC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Med's Request
17-01-2011
Med's Done....
25-01-2011
Passport Req..
25-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-02-2011
LANDED..........
-
acemsyed said:
Loan is necessary if you're applying under SPP category, otherwise its not.

Cheers ;-)
Okkk... I applied under general category... soooo... :p

Gujranwala.chandigarh

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DECEMBER 3
IELTS Request
8 BANDS , TOEFL 90
Med's Request
BEFOREHAND
Med's Done....
BEFOREHAND
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
ALREADY SUBMITTED
VISA ISSUED...
January 11
LANDED..........
January 13
ok here is the real scene....the only purpose why the embassy asks any prospective student to take a lon because of the LIABILITY that comes with it..which means they bound a student with the bank..which the student should have to pay by coming back or if he lands up with a fat job abroad
[that's good for him] . . . bottomline---the bank loan makes a student liable TO COME BACK TO ITS NATIVE COUNTRY..if one is not availing a loan he/she is portraying himself as a potential immigrants..i am not writng this straight outa bed...these are facts....as u have written that your course fee is around cad$ 52000/year..i think you must have had gone for a minimum loan of INR 10 lakhs....as u had already filed the application...i wish you best of luck for your approval.
Cheers

deep9706

Star Member
Jan 4, 2011
New Delhi
Visa Office......
CIC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Med's Request
17-01-2011
Med's Done....
25-01-2011
Passport Req..
25-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-02-2011
LANDED..........
-
Gujranwala.chandigarh said:
ok here is the real scene....the only purpose why the embassy asks any prospective student to take a lon because of the LIABILITY that comes with it..which means they bound a student with the bank..which the student should have to pay by coming back or if he lands up with a fat job abroad
[that's good for him] . . . bottomline---the bank loan makes a student liable TO COME BACK TO ITS NATIVE COUNTRY..if one is not availing a loan he/she is portraying himself as a potential immigrants..i am not writng this straight outa bed...these are facts....as u have written that your course fee is around cad$ 52000/year..i think you must have had gone for a minimum loan of INR 10 lakhs....as u had already filed the application...i wish you best of luck for your approval.
Cheers
Ok now this is the thing... yeah u r rite sir but rite now i am a student... I dont have anything to mortage with bank so bank will give me loan on behalf of my dad or mom's property not mine.. So how that can be an assurance that i will come back... Think that way.. my parents are giving my tution fee & if i take loan my parents will pay it back... So how i m LIABLE to pay the loan... thats what i m confused about.... :p

Gujranwala.chandigarh

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DECEMBER 3
IELTS Request
8 BANDS , TOEFL 90
Med's Request
BEFOREHAND
Med's Done....
BEFOREHAND
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
ALREADY SUBMITTED
VISA ISSUED...
January 11
LANDED..........
January 13
the loan is sanctioned with both any of the parent and the student.

it is always wriiten in the sanction letter that the loan would be payed by the student within a year of his/her graduation...
you are partially right when u say that you won't become totally liable to come back...but here the little discrepancy comes into the play..the visa at this time is granted only on the sole dicretion of the Visa officer....he can either say he is satisfied that you have enough home ties or the other way aroung..u know what i mean .....

deep9706

Star Member
Jan 4, 2011
New Delhi
Visa Office......
CIC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Med's Request
17-01-2011
Med's Done....
25-01-2011
Passport Req..
25-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-02-2011
LANDED..........
-
the loan is sanctioned with both any of the parent and the student.

it is always wriiten in the sanction letter that the loan would be payed by the student within a year of his/her graduation...
you are partially right when u say that you won't become totally liable to come back...but here the little discrepancy comes into the play..the visa at this time is granted only on the sole dicretion of the Visa officer....he can either say he is satisfied that you have enough home ties or the other way aroung..u know what i mean .....
Hmm... okk... one more thingg.. wats really meant by home ties ?? i m not getting that word...

& yeah !! thank for the luck and same to u... :)

Gujranwala.chandigarh

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DECEMBER 3
IELTS Request
8 BANDS , TOEFL 90
Med's Request
BEFOREHAND
Med's Done....
BEFOREHAND
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
ALREADY SUBMITTED
VISA ISSUED...
January 11
LANDED..........
January 13
home ties means...enough ties with the native country...as in u have a family back home,all the property back home..have property,business in your name,only child of the parents ....i hope i have made my point clear...where r ya from ?

deep9706

Star Member
Jan 4, 2011
New Delhi
Visa Office......
CIC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Med's Request
17-01-2011
Med's Done....
25-01-2011
Passport Req..
25-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-02-2011
LANDED..........
-
home ties means...enough ties with the native country...as in u have a family back home,all the property back home..have property,business in your name,only child of the parents ....i hope i have made my point clear...where r ya from ?
ohkiess... yeah everything is here in india... :p

Lets see what will happen... thou waiting for there reply...

I am from Delhi.... :) U from chandigarh i guess... :p Where r u going for study ?? and which course ??

Gujranwala.chandigarh

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DECEMBER 3
IELTS Request
8 BANDS , TOEFL 90
Med's Request
BEFOREHAND
Med's Done....
BEFOREHAND
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
ALREADY SUBMITTED
VISA ISSUED...
January 11
LANDED..........
January 13
PHEWW....my PP has be dispatched...i would be collecting it in the EVE[jan 10]

i am heading to CONCORDIA UNI for my masters in Electrical & comp. Engg....
keeping my fingers crossed....

deep9706

Star Member
Jan 4, 2011
New Delhi
Visa Office......
CIC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Med's Request
17-01-2011
Med's Done....
25-01-2011
Passport Req..
25-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-02-2011
LANDED..........
-
PHEWW....my PP has be dispatched...i would be collecting it in the EVE[jan 10]

i am heading to CONCORDIA UNI for my masters in Electrical & comp. Engg....
keeping my fingers crossed....
Gud Luck... :))