+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO

Twix

Star Member
Mar 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, it's kind of hard these days. The process is slower. But if your job's high skilled and in-demand, then you have pretty high chances to get a positive survey.

reignman

Nov 27, 2008
Actually my LMO will expire on April 25, so what if the visa officer asked for a renewed LMO...There's a chance that service canada will not renew my LMO?

Twix

Star Member
Mar 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First, it's the employer who applies for an LMO. The conditions in the work permit is usually based on the HRSDC confirmation. So it's best that you fix your LMO issues first before applying for a work permit.

solowista_07

Sep 28, 2008
Twix said:
First, it's the employer who applies for an LMO. The conditions in the work permit is usually based on the HRSDC confirmation. So it's best that you fix your LMO issues first before applying for a work permit.
Hi Twix !

You can check the threads of reignman; He already applied last october 2008 for Temporary working permit in abu dhabi and now his concern is the expiration of his LMO.

Now, If in case that his LMO will expire before he get the VISA, is there any possibilities that the visa coordinator in Canadian embassy will ask him to get another LMO because his LMO is already expired. ???

Secondly, how can it be difficult to get a renewal of LMO if you are just "RENEWING IT" besides that you already have a positive result from the beginning... It just happen that you LMO is expired and need to renew it because the process of getting a work permit is really slow now.

Third: Which is faster to re new ? LMO or ELMO ????

Thanks!

Twix

Star Member
Mar 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm not an expert on this. But the following points are noteworthy:

According to CIC, "The HRSDC confirmation is typically given for a specific period of time, and the work permit will be issued
to coincide with this period. A work permit beyond the specified period will therefore likely
require a new opinion from HRSDC."

Also consider:

"Effective April 27, 2009, all employers participating in the Pilot Project for Occupations Requiring Lower-Levels of Formal Education (NOC C and D), Exotic Dancer, and high-skilled Program streams will be required to submit a new Labour Market Opinion (LMO) application. The application to extend a LMO will be removed from circulation and all references to LMO extensions will be removed from communications and outreach materials."

"In cases where employers anticipate that their human resource needs will continue beyond the period covered the temporary foreign worker’s work permit, employers are requested to apply for a new LMO four months prior to the expiry to ensure that ample time exists for the processing of the new LMO and, if authorized, the subsequent work permit request."

babycakes

Star Member
Jan 28, 2009
To add to this, my employer applied for my LMO here in Ontario on the 30th of March and she was advised that a result will come out in 5 to 6 weeks but she called Service Canada this morning and was informed that they haven't processed it yet.