+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO/Work permit

Lynandlevi

May 6, 2014
Hi,
If you have an LMO, do you need to then apply for a work permit?
If not, what documents do you need at point of entry?
Also, my wife and children will be coming with me, can they enter on a holiday visa? I am only working in Canada for 12 months. We are Australian citizens

Kind Regards

halo4me

Dec 13, 2012
Lynandlevi said:
Hi,
Also, my wife and children will be coming with me, can they enter on a holiday visa? I am only working in Canada for 12 months. We are Australian citizens

Kind Regards
Yes you need to apply work permit with positive LMO, same time you could apply open work permit for your wife (she'll have same period of time as your work permit which 12 months). About your children, how old are they? no student visa need if they come to study non-tertiary level. I'm from NZ. Hope this could help you.

Thanks

halo4me

Dec 13, 2012
Lynandlevi said:
My children are 3 and 1.
My wife wont be working, does that make a difference as far a visa is concerned?
Which province you guys staying? I think your children don't need study permit. As OZ citizen, you guys under visa wavier program which mean the land stamp is your permit to stay. However, normally it's 6months max. so I suggest you apply open work permit for you wife which 155$ which she can stay as long as your work permit.

Lynandlevi

May 6, 2014
Thanks for your help.
We will be in Saskatchewan.
Do you know how long it takes for a work permit after you get the LMO?

Thanks so much
Jarrad

halo4me

Dec 13, 2012
Lynandlevi said:
Thanks for your help.
We will be in Saskatchewan.
Do you know how long it takes for a work permit after you get the LMO?

Thanks so much
Jarrad
APPLY ONLINE, only 15 days! your wife and yours at same time!

Lynandlevi

May 6, 2014
Thanks Very much for your help. I'll just wait for the LMO (like everyone else) and hope its not much longer

Thanks again

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lynandlevi said:
Hi,

Kind Regards
You can apply for a work permit at your visa office or you can fly right to Canada and get your work permit at the airport since you're from Australia. You'd need your LMO, employment contract, passport and other documents if you want to use the port of entry for getting your work permit. However, you might need to use the visa office in your country if a medical check is required for your job. You can apply for an open spousal work permit at the same time when you arrive if you have a high-skilled job. Enjoy your stay in Saskatchewan whenever you get there.