+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO & Work Permit Rejected! how much time to leave the country?

KDC

Jul 28, 2013
Hi, I just found out from my boss that the LMO was denied, so I called up Immigrations Canada Call Centre to see the status of my work permit and they said it is still not processed as they are waiting on the LMO Application number.
I am aware that if the LMO is rejected so will the Work Permit be rejected as well, but my question is how long do they usually give you to prepare to leave the country by? If anyone knows that would be truly appreciated

Thanks

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Did you tell them that the LMO was denied?

Anyway, since CIC has not processed your work permit yet, your employer can try to address the issues that led to LMO rejection and re-submit the application. If you are able to get a positive LMO before your work permit is processed, you can contact the CIC call centre and give them the confirmation number.

If the work permit is rejected, you have 90 days from expiration of your old work permit to restore your status either to worker(if you somehow get a LMO) or visitor(not allowed to work). If you don't apply to restore status within this 90-day period or if your restoration is rejected, then you must leave Canada immediately.