+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO Refusal- Restoration of status?

madam89

Sep 28, 2013
Hello Friends,

My employee's LMO has been refused by service Canada in Ontario. His work permit expired in September 2013. He has 90 day grace period I believe from the day his work permit expired. Is he able to restore his status in anyway and we can re-apply for his LMO? Please give us the options.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks.

mr_technician

Feb 1, 2013
hi
i didnt understand ur question but
if a person is working and his work permit near to get expire he should get another LMO BEFORE his work permit expire
2ndly if some how he is able to stay a bit longer then is work permit expiry date then he needs to get another LMO
for getting a positive LMO some tips
switch the job tittle (different from the one which u mention in the perviouse LMO which was refused)
the job should be place on job bank site b4 applying for LMO
the job Should be in Catagory B i mean the noc should start from 22 like a skilled worker
should chose a job tittle which has great need in ur province for this purpose look for workingincanada site

hope this help

madam89

Sep 28, 2013
Sorry for not being clear.LMO was applied before the expiry of his work permit. LMO has been refused by service Canada, so he can not extend his work permit. I wanted to know if he can change his status or restore it somehow before 90 day grace period ends?

mr_technician

Feb 1, 2013
well i am not sure is there any possibilities left but i might be wrong keep working on this
but
the option i think is still open is that he can get a new work permit and the good thing is this that he is in canada so
if you find him a new job and apply for new LMO and that will not take much time. the work permit only take 7 days to process if it is applied from inside of canada.

RAJ_74

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Yes that guy can apply for visitor visa from canada itself.If he has good funds to show,he must apply immediately.But the main issue is that he cant work .In the mean time you can apply for new LMO which these days take around 3 months including one month of mandatory job advertisement on various job search sites.