+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO Question. Help please

Calixta

Feb 7, 2013
My employer is processing my LMO for now. How long do i need to wait until my LMO will arrive?

And one more thing. I am already married but in my passport i am still using my single surname.
As my LMO is on process my problem now is that i need to renew my passport and i am planning to change my surname as a am married.
Will it affect my LMO or application in Canada? please help. i do not know if i need to change my surname now or better not at all. thanks a lot!

oz_brex

Jan 25, 2013
Not sure about your surname question, but LMOs are currently taking between six weeks and three months to process depending on the industry sector and the program you apply under.

Buleg

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
Nomination.....
30-05-2013 LOA dated 10-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-10-2013 thru email
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
11-09-13
Med's Request
21-11-13
Med's Done....
27-11-13 results submitted//add'l med req 01-13-2014 submitted 1-30-14
Interview........
Ecas "in process 2-18-2014"
Passport Req..
08-04-2014 (Apr. 27, '14 ecas changed to decision made)
LANDED..........
22-03-2014 entered as TFW under YNP/May,22,'14 Landed as Immigrant
Calixta said:
My employer is processing my LMO for now. How long do i need to wait until my LMO will arrive?

And one more thing. I am already married but in my passport i am still using my single surname.
As my LMO is on process my problem now is that i need to renew my passport and i am planning to change my surname as a am married.
Will it affect my LMO or application in Canada? please help. i do not know if i need to change my surname now or better not at all. thanks a lot!
Hi,

You should renew your passport now and use your married name for your future reference especially when you need to apply PR application with your family (spouse) or when you want to bring your spouse if your work permit is under skilled category. LMO processing takes 6-13weeks depends on the province where your employer applied :)

crama123

Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
Hong Kong PCC
AOR Received.
31-May-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
09-Feb-2014
Med's Done....
05-Mar-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-May-2014
LANDED..........
20-July-2014
I am waiting for my LMO decision since 4months and 20 days. My application was made in Ontario.

And regarding the surname change one of my friend is in a similar situation and he was told by an immigration lawyer it should not be an issue because
A new passport is issued when you apply for a surname change, and the new passport has the reference to the old passport number with in it (Printed on the last page). So you have something to prove about surname change. This is how passport is issued in India. I am not sure if this is the same procedure everywhere.

Calixta

Feb 7, 2013
I have receive my LMO already and as what expected, in my LMO it appeared there my single surname. i am using now my married name in my new passport. what will i do now? do we to ammend it? i really want to pass my application to canadian embassy as soon as possible. please help! thank a lot!!

riane

May 23, 2013
Good day, I am new here in this forum. Can anyone tell me if my Transcript of records needed to have red ribbon? Once you get approved and get your work visa, will the embassy return all the docs.you submitted?

Calixta

Feb 7, 2013
hello Riane.. u dont need to red ribbon ur documents unless u are in the philippines then it is needed for u to red ribbon ur documents. Gudluck

billy012

May 7, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
june 17, 2013
LANDED..........
None
hi for food counter attendant how many weeks for the lmo to be release?

atteeq

Star Member
May 1, 2010
HOW MANY DAYS DOES IT TAKE FROM MANITOBA FOR LMO TO BE RELEASES MY EMPLOY APPLIED IN FEB 2013... ITS ALMOST 4 MONTHS KINDLY SHARE IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEA :)

shalinj

Jun 4, 2013
Buleg said:
Hi,

You should renew your passport now and use your married name for your future reference especially when you need to apply PR application with your family (spouse) or when you want to bring your spouse if your work permit is under skilled category. LMO processing takes 6-13weeks depends on the province where your employer applied :)
Hi buleg,
just a quick help from u....if I have n LMO as a restaurant supervisor, can I apply for PR? and if yes after how long? How can we know if the lmo is positive? also My educational background is totally different from what I am going to work in canada? so will it create any problem for my PR??

shalinj

Jun 4, 2013
Hi buleg,
just a quick help from u....if I have n LMO as a restaurant supervisor, can I apply for PR? and if yes after how long? How can we know if the lmo is positive? also My educational background is totally different from what I am going to work in canada? so will it create any problem for my PR??

Thanks a lot in advanbce.......
Shalinj