+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO processing time in Alberta

Feb 14, 2008
hi. just want to inquire the processing time of LMO in alberta. My prospective employer send the application last sept 2007 and I am still waiting for the result. Tnx.

Jadie

Mar 3, 2008
My employer just sent in an application and apparently it takes between 20-28 weeks....

tararan

Mar 4, 2008
Hi.. does anybody know where to follow up about the LMO? I believe the employer has filed for it in December but my agency said they have not received the LMO yet, I was thinking that maybe they are not doing something to follow it up worse i got victimized! darn! It's been a while and it's too long for waiting. I want to follow it up myself if possible. Thanks!

tararan

Mar 4, 2008
Where to make a follow up with LMO

Hi.. does anybody know where to make a follow up about the LMO? like contact numbers or website? I believe it was filed by my employer in December 2007. Maybe my agency aren't doing anything to follow it up or worse I've been victimized!darn! My job is on the expedited list so I don't think it should take this long. It's been too long for waiting and I would like to make a follow up myself.. Thanks!!

estong

Oct 27, 2008
PMM said:
Hi

Rhino2604 said:
That seems a little long I believe the average is 30 to 60 days.
Try 6+ months unless it is a "job under pressure"

PMM
HI PMM, how about if my job is under pressure how long it will take for the LMO to be approve and also if i have a positive LMO can i apply for AINP aswell...

thanks

solowista_07

Sep 28, 2008
gonzales_angel said:
hi. just want to inquire the processing time of LMO in alberta. My prospective employer send the application last sept 2007 and I am still waiting for the result. Tnx.
Hi! Just want to share this.

As far as I know it depends on your job position or type of job. Besides there is the “Electronic Labor Market Opinion” now, before it was LMO and now they have the new thing the ELMO, which is faster.
I applied on line last sept 11 and got an email from my employer sept 12, then I made my phone interview sept 15 then they said they just need to do a references check after one week (sept 22) I got an email from them that they already applied for my ELMO so I just need to wait after 1 week (they said that ELMO will take only 3 to 5 working days). Sept 29 I got an email from my employer together with the ELMO.

All the best!