Jul 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

My employer applied for my LMO 2 weeks ago. He said it usually takes 6-8 weeks to get approved.

Has anyone here applied for a LMO in Vancouver, BC?

When did you apply? How long is it taking to get the result?

Thanks!!!

nbozidarevic

Sep 4, 2013
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but my company submitted a LMO application on May 15, and it still hasn't been approved.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow, you've been waiting since May 15 and you still haven't gotten your LMO yet. I've been waiting since June 15. I can't believe this is taking more than 16 weeks. Service Canada told me that 8 weeks was the average but we're finding out how untrue this is.

ajay93

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tiagodj said:
Hi,

My employer applied for my LMO 2 weeks ago. He said it usually takes 6-8 weeks to get approved.

Thanks!!!
Hi Friend,
My situation Is Some What Same,I Got A Job Offer In Sask (Sk) Employer Applied for Lmo In November.LMO Approved In Mid Feburary.Using A Representative from SK.
March Application for Work Permit.Now Request For Medicals BUt Need A new Lmo & JOb Offer Letter Since The Old One Is Expired .
Any Idea How Long For New LMO Or Renew? :(

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Something is strange here. If your work permit was submitted while the LMO was valid you should not need another LMO. It is going to cost the employer $275 and rules have changed regarding advertising.

ajay93

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pippin said:
Something is strange here. If your work permit was submitted while the LMO was valid you should not need another LMO. It is going to cost the employer $275 and rules have changed regarding advertising.
Hi Pippin ,
Yes Its Strange For Me As well, But I was informed by the cic about my Lmo expired.
Also do you have any idea How is the process or how long its gone take to acquire a new Lmo.By the employer or he gone re-apply with the expired Lmo . Can the cic reject my process cus of this ? there is a time frame to reply them back ?

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
LMO was approved in mid-February, valid x 6 months? You put in your work permit in March. Are you paying anything for this job application?

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
From the OP Manual, page 86 http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/fw/fw01-eng.pdf
LMO VALIDITY
The LMO validity, or expiry date, is indicated on the LMO under "Opinion Expiry Date".
On the Employment Validation screen, the field Offer Valid To date is also known as the LMO
Expiry Date. This is the date by which a work permit application must be received by CIC or
CBSA. Border Services Officers (BSOs) will finalize applications that have already been initiated
overseas even if the LMO expiry date has passed – the missions will have ensured that the LMO
expiry date was still valid at the time of the initial application receipt.

Are you certain the representative is legitimate? Did CIC contact you directly?

tracytran

Star Member
May 25, 2013
my employer just sent lmo for me 10 days ago. I'm waiting...my pgwp will expire at the end of Oct. So worried now

monlin99

Nov 4, 2013
tiagodj said:
Hi,

Thanks!!!
I am on my 11th weeks. Still waiting. Any news for you?

tiagodj

Star Member
Jul 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No news for me, 10th week now.

1998a

Sep 24, 2013
monlin99 said:
You sent to Vancouver as well? OMG, that long?
Thank you for the update.
Yes, Vancouver. 15 weeks. still no news.
So, if you have other backup plans, such as other offers outside CA, think about them more and more carefully, review them again and again.