mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kentish said:
Hi Mitali,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Yes, my new employer has offered me a PERMANENT position in the company. In addition, I have 5 years of experience in the same employment/experience in the last 10 years, have overall IELTS score of 7.5 and exceed 67 points for the application. So, I have met all the criteria and do you think I will stand a chance to get it process quicker?

My employer's office is in Ontario province.

Cheers! :)
Hi kentish,

Positive LMO + WP (2yrs) + Arranged employment ( esp. with NOC not in MI list) =

GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY for PR. + Gain Canadian Experience

You are GOOD to go. Many people will envy your situation. In addition to all other documents, you just have to provide all the docs related with the Arranged employment with due diligence with your application.

"The processing Time line" for such an application is difficult to predict. As everybody on this Forum says - "Immigration is a game of patience", so I guess you can only wait and pray for a smooth sailing of your PR application.

Goodluck.

Mitali

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hedonistG said:
Hello Everyone,
I have been offered a permanent full time job by an employer in BC, Canada. He had applied for AEO approval in December 2010 but we have not got any decision yet regarding this.
Right now I am securing more than 67 points but problem is that my job category has already reached its cap limit of 1000.
My question is that-
1. How long does it take for the process regarding decision on the AEO application.
2. If the AEO decision is positive and my job category is again in the new NOC list scheduled to be declared in June. Should I apply for immigration with AEO or it is better to apply without it ( as my point will be over 67 even without AEO letter). I have heard chances are less with AEO because there is extra scrutiny in those cases regarding authenticity of Job offer.
Please advise.
You have to be careful about the 67 point requirement. I guess this calculation is based on the current rules. Many factors in gaining 67 points will change as the new MI list is declared.....hope you qualify again.

I agree with Yukon .....apply without AEO if you can manage 67 points without AEO (Post 1st July 2011). For obvious reasons your application (if) with AEO will attract extra scrutiny and time, although CIC website states otherwise.

I am just curious to know - Why did you not apply earlier (before NOC reached the Cap) as your NOC was in the demand list? You could have had the AEO and PR application run together. Atleast your PR application would have progressed whilst the AEO was under review.

Mitali

Kentish

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
Nomination.....
05-06-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
Med's Request
20-09-2012
Med's Done....
02-10-2012
LANDED..........
In Canada
Hi Mitali,

Thank you for your support.

I'll submit PR application ASAP when I arrived there.

Out of curiosity, do I need to obtain AEO like what 'hedonistG' mentioned in his post?

Based on the self assessment that I did on the website, I'll only exceed 67 points when I include my status as 'Having Arranged Employment'. So, do I need to obtain an AEO like 'hedonistG'. ???

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kentish said:
Hi Mitali,

Thank you for your support.

I'll submit PR application ASAP when I arrived there.

Out of curiosity, do I need to obtain AEO like what 'hedonistG' mentioned in his post?

Based on the self assessment that I did on the website, I'll only exceed 67 points when I include my status as 'Having Arranged Employment'. So, do I need to obtain an AEO like 'hedonistG'. ???
Hi Kentish,

"Having arranged employment" and "Arranged employment OFFER" are two different categories.

In your case you already have "Arranged employment" and in Hedonist's case, his prospective employer is just OFFERING him employment(AEO) which will be effective only when he gets the PR.

No, you do not need any AEO. But check the website for the calculation of points according to new rules which will kick in 1st July,2011.

IMO, if you can apply by June 2011 end then you do not have to worry about the new rules for calculation of points.

Mitali

Kentish

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
Nomination.....
05-06-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
Med's Request
20-09-2012
Med's Done....
02-10-2012
LANDED..........
In Canada
Hi Mitali,

Fully understand. But what do you mean by IMO?

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Kentish,

Information regarding PNP :

http://www.canadavisa.com/canadian-immigration-faq-provincial-nomination-program.html

Mitali

Kentish

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
Nomination.....
05-06-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
Med's Request
20-09-2012
Med's Done....
02-10-2012
LANDED..........
In Canada
Hi Mitali,

I don't think I can submit my application before June 2011 as I've not submitted my work permit application yet.

Now awaiting for my employer's HR to check on the relevant forms before I could proceed for work permit application in London, UK.

I guess it will take another 8-10 weeks before they can approve my work permit and that is also provided that no medical check is required.

As for the PNP, thanks for the link. But I'm just wondering whether am I only restricted to stay in the sponsored Province (which in my case Ontario) permanently or am I free to move and work in some other province?

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kentish said:
Hi Mitali,

I don't think I can submit my application before June 2011 as I've not submitted my work permit application yet.

Now awaiting for my employer's HR to check on the relevant forms before I could proceed for work permit application in London, UK.

I guess it will take another 8-10 weeks before they can approve my work permit and that is also provided that no medical check is required.

As for the PNP, thanks for the link. But I'm just wondering whether am I only restricted to stay in the sponsored Province (which in my case Ontario) permanently or am I free to move and work in some other province?
Hi Kentish,

Currently you fall under the category of Temporary foreign worker and thus you are BOUND with the employer/place who has sponsored you.

But you are free to look for work and eventually move to any other province and in that case you will again have to undergo all the formalities - Obtain job offer, Positive LMO, Work permit for the new employer. It is a very time consuming and cumbersome process.

Your current employer has to apply for a new LMO once the current one is close to expiration. Keep checking the website for processing times because you will NOT be able to work without a NEW approved LMO after 2 years. I am not sure how the rules would mould by that time.

Canada Immigration is an ever evolving SUBJECT...there are changes in the rules very frequently.

Mitali

Kentish

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
Nomination.....
05-06-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
Med's Request
20-09-2012
Med's Done....
02-10-2012
LANDED..........
In Canada
Hi Mitali,

Well, I guess I just have to wait for my work permit approval and move from there. Fingers crossed that I would be able to submit my PR application once I'm there.

Will keep you posted of my outcome.

Thanks again.

hedonistG

Mar 31, 2011
Thanks for your replies Mitali and Yukon,
@ Mitali- I did not had full 1 year experience in my NOC field at that time but now I have 1.5 years experience. That is the reason I was not been able to apply at that time, I was 2 months short. Besides the rules regarding IELTS changed at time, as I have done my masters in USA I believed that I was exempt from IELTS but the rules changed last year so by the time results of my IELTS were out, cap limit had already reached.
Besides that I was trying to get student visa for PhD program in Canada which I eventually got but they denied visa to my spouse as an dependent. So I am still stuck and waiting for changes in NOC categories.

Kentish

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
Nomination.....
05-06-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
Med's Request
20-09-2012
Med's Done....
02-10-2012
LANDED..........
In Canada
Hi Mitali,

I was just wondering do you think I can submit my FSW application together with the work permit application before end of June 2011?

I'm just afraid the rules may change by July 2011.

What is your opinion?

Thanks

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kentish said:
Hi Mitali,

I was just wondering do you think I can submit my FSW application together with the work permit application before end of June 2011?

I'm just afraid the rules may change by July 2011.

What is your opinion?

Thanks
Hi Kentish,

I am glad that you gave it a thought....as I said in my previous post you are eligible to apply for FSW (IMO) and if you apply before the new rules kicks in then you do not have to worry about the changes which might affect your ability to get the eligibility points.

You do have to get a very strong reference letter from your new employer (humbly request him) but since you have not yet started working for the new employer he may have to word his reference letter little differently and convey the message that you have not yet joined the company but are very optimistic about your potential etc.... ( add the relevant adjectives). If you can manage to put together all your docs (reference letters from previous work places are the most difficult to get) then give it a try. You dont have to get Proof of funds because you are showing evidence of Arranged employment; although IELTS score is mandatory. PCC can be added at a later stage.

I would also suggest that you talk to your employer and seek his guidance and convey your concerns about the NEW rules that might affect your eligibility and you might have to wait longer (2yrs atleast for CEC category).

Kentish, if you decide to apply then take your time to put together the application with utmost care...no errors, no gaps in time periods, no blank spaces,use the recent forms, use proper Credit card (with at least 9 month validity) don't cut paste job duties from CIC website (most frightfully POPULAR reason for rejection).

If you need any help...just let us all know.

Mitali