+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO after PGWP

zain_raza

Mar 30, 2012
Hi there,

I have been working on my Post graduation work permit, which is expiring very soon. I need my employer to get LMO done for me to extent my work permit. My employer (who will process for LMO) will be the same for whom I worked during PGWP.

Regarding Advertising or Recruitment efforts, I knew it from my friend that my employer doesn't need to show any recruitment efforts since I'm applying after my PGWP. But just to confirm, I called in Service Canada office today to check it out and they gave me a shock telling that my employer does need to show recruitment efforts, even I'm on my PGWP now. I'm not sure if the rules changed or I should try contacting them again to confirm. They seemed to be a bit rude, as usual and asked me to tell my employer to call them and they will give him all the info. Please advice !

Regarding wage rate, one has to get paid what an average wage rate is for that position in Canada. I checked working in Canada's website and they show average hourly wage rate for every position. But what if someone is on salary? Do we just need to divide it by number of hours worked? If so then to match that wage rate, one could easily manipulate it by decreasing the number of hours work, hence increases the hourly wage rate, even if they are paid less. How good is that?

Many Thanks!

Zain