+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO - a couple questions - please help!

katniss

Sep 15, 2011
Hi everyone,

My employer has submitted an LMO application for me last month. I have a couple quick questions and would appreciate any responses:

1. I am on a PGWP and this is supposed to be exempt from demonstrating recruitment efforts for the LMO process; however browsing online there seem to be many opinions to the effect that many SC officers are "not aware" of this requirement? My employer included some proof of recruiting just to be safe; however he forgot to mention the salary in the job ad. Now I understand that this could be grounds for refusal under normal circumstances - but if I am anyway exempt, this shouldn't matter - right?

2. I believe the current processing times are way longer than initially anticipated. My PGWP expires in the last week of Feb - what are my options if the LMO does not come through before then?

3. I thought that the only response received was the "final decision" but recently I have read that there is something called "a confirmation that the application was received by SC". When is this usually received - and should I ask my employer to follow up? It's almost 4 weeks and we haven't heard anything.

I look forward to hearing from some of the senior members - please and thank you!

H

HBK

if you dont find lmo at the end of feb. you might will have to leave

katniss

Sep 15, 2011
I know that I can still apply for my WP extension as long as I can prove that the LMO has been applied for. My question was more about what are the timelines I should keep in mind for doing this - I don't want to do it either too early or too late.

katniss

Sep 15, 2011
Hi Bisu,

Thanks for your response - I assume the 8 weeks was for the final decision, right? But before that, when did your employer receive the "file number" or "confirmation number" from SC??

Thanks! (also, you are in Ontario, right??)

terry2011

Dec 21, 2011
Hi,

I explain some of what is going on with my case just to work as reference to others, my employer submitted LMO request in Oct/11 and just after next week I sumbmitted WP renovation; as far as I knew, you could submit WP renovation awaiting for LMO BUT, I just got a WP denied beause they say that I need a positive LMO (so I do not know why in the application they let that you fill as "waiting for LMO"), now i have to restore my status($200) reaply for work permit($150) ... for LMO my boss called HRSC and they said they should be giving some answer next week because they have started to work already on the applications from Nov/11... I am praying to LMO be positive... and I forgot to mention that at the time the letter denying my WP, they remove "your status or implied status " you use to have meanwhile the process was going on.

revival

Star Member
Jan 7, 2012
@terry2001

Hi,

I explain some of what is going on with my case just to work as reference to others, my employer submitted LMO request in Oct/11 and just after next week I sumbmitted WP renovation; as far as I knew, you could submit WP renovation awaiting for LMO BUT, I just got a WP denied beause they say that I need a positive LMO (so I do not know why in the application they let that you fill as "waiting for LMO"), now i have to restore my status($200) reaply for work permit($150) ... for LMO my boss called HRSC and they said they should be giving some answer next week because they have started to work already on the applications from Nov/11... I am praying to LMO be positive... and I forgot to mention that at the time the letter denying my WP, they remove "your status or implied status " you use to have meanwhile the process was going on.

HI TERRY 2001,
SORRY TO READ ABOVE THE SAD SITUATION WE FALL INTO.WE HAVE THE SAME ISSUE.I APPLIED FOR CONCURRENT PROSSESING ON 17TH OF OCT.MY EMPLOYER SENT APPLICATION FOR LMO AS WELL.JUST DAY B/FYESTERDAY I RECEIVED A DENIAL LETTER FROM CIC.I TOOK IT TO WORK YESTERDAY AND WAS OUT OF WORK.MY EMPLOYER HAS GIVEN ME TWO WEEK .WELL,JUST WANT TO FIND OUT IF SC IS CURRENTLY TREATING NOV 11 APPLICATION JUST LIKE YOU MENTION OR OCT 11?B/C WEN I CALLED THEM ON THURSDAY TO FIND OUT THEIR CURRENT PROCCESSING TIME THEY SAID SEPT 30-OCT 5 CURRENTLY.ARE YOU SURE THEY MENTION NOVEMBER 11 0R OCT 11 TO YOUR EMPLOYER YESTERDAY AS THEIR CURRENT PROCCESSING TIME.PLS REPLY.THANKS

revival

Star Member
Jan 7, 2012
TO TERRY 2011,

HI TERRY 2011,
SORRY TO READ ABOVE THE SAD SITUATION WE FALL INTO.WE HAVE THE SAME ISSUE.I APPLIED FOR CONCURRENT PROSSESING ON 17TH OF OCT.MY EMPLOYER SENT APPLICATION FOR LMO AS WELL.JUST DAY B/FYESTERDAY I RECEIVED A DENIAL LETTER FROM CIC.I TOOK IT TO WORK YESTERDAY AND WAS OUT OF WORK.MY EMPLOYER HAS GIVEN ME TWO WEEK .WELL,JUST WANT TO FIND OUT IF SC IS CURRENTLY TREATING NOV 11 APPLICATION JUST LIKE YOU MENTIONED OR OCT 11?B/C WEN I CALLED THEM ON THURSDAY TO FIND OUT THEIR CURRENT PROCCESSING TIME THEY SAID SEPT 30-OCT 5 CURRENTLY.ARE YOU SURE THEY MENTIONED NOVEMBER 11 0R OCT 11 TO YOUR EMPLOYER YESTERDAY AS THEIR CURRENT PROCCESSING TIME.PLS REPLY.THANKS

justtheme

May 2, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Ottawa >> Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2010
AOR Received.
03-09-2011
IELTS Request
7.5 / 9
File Transfer...
03-09-2011
Med's Request
29-5-2013
Med's Done....
10-6-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
26-9-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
revival said:
TO TERRY 2011,

HI TERRY 2011,
SORRY TO READ ABOVE THE SAD SITUATION WE FALL INTO.WE HAVE THE SAME ISSUE.I APPLIED FOR CONCURRENT PROSSESING ON 17TH OF OCT.MY EMPLOYER SENT APPLICATION FOR LMO AS WELL.JUST DAY B/FYESTERDAY I RECEIVED A DENIAL LETTER FROM CIC.I TOOK IT TO WORK YESTERDAY AND WAS OUT OF WORK.MY EMPLOYER HAS GIVEN ME TWO WEEK .WELL,JUST WANT TO FIND OUT IF SC IS CURRENTLY TREATING NOV 11 APPLICATION JUST LIKE YOU MENTIONED OR OCT 11?B/C WEN I CALLED THEM ON THURSDAY TO FIND OUT THEIR CURRENT PROCCESSING TIME THEY SAID SEPT 30-OCT 5 CURRENTLY.ARE YOU SURE THEY MENTIONED NOVEMBER 11 0R OCT 11 TO YOUR EMPLOYER YESTERDAY AS THEIR CURRENT PROCCESSING TIME.PLS REPLY.THANKS
Jesus! Service Canada and CIC have to get it together. Their lack of resources is really affecting people's future. I almost feel like calling journalists...

Actually. I have a couple contacts at CBC and the National Post. Would any of you guys be up for talking to media. The lack of resources at Service Canada is truly concerning. I applied for my LMO 3 months before the expiration of my permit. They took 14 weeks to make a decision. It was negative in the end and now I'm out of status and trying to restore it. it's truly unfair as their suggested application period is 8 weeks before the expiration of the permit.... I could've reapplied without problems. I'm seeing tons of people affected by their incompetence. What do you say?

justtheme

May 2, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Ottawa >> Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2010
AOR Received.
03-09-2011
IELTS Request
7.5 / 9
File Transfer...
03-09-2011
Med's Request
29-5-2013
Med's Done....
10-6-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
26-9-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
revival said:
@ justtheme.

do you have any idea of what application dates sc processed last week?.you should know better that it is an arrangment btw cic and sc to make more money.cic definitely is aware of the situation with lmo,why instituting concurrent application and yet denied the application.this is prearranged inbtw them both.no problem with resources at all.if it takes a day for an officer to look and finalise a work permit application,lmo shdnt take 3months.they just put the application on hold so you can reapply and they make more money from you.
I don't know if it's an arrangement. I processed an LMO a year ago and that one only took a month. I read on the news that SC is laying people off and moving resources to Employment Insurance processing (hence, the slow down for LMOs). Of course, they won't affect the processing for Canadian applications. They affect foreign workers because they have less rights in the country. I say we have to speak to the media. I've already called CIC's and SC's customer service lines and their answer is "We don't know, blah blah blah".

revival

Star Member
Jan 7, 2012
justtheme said:
I don't know if it's an arrangement. I processed an LMO a year ago and that one only took a month. I read on the news that SC is laying people off and moving resources to Employment Insurance processing (hence, the slow down for LMOs). Of course, they won't affect the processing for Canadian applications. They affect foreign workers because they have less rights in the country. I say we have to speak to the media. I've already called CIC's and SC's customer service lines and their answer is "We don't know, blah blah blah".

what lmo application dates did sc proccessed till yesterday friday jan 06?any idea please

terry2011

Dec 21, 2011
Hi Katnis,
about No.1 I would think that they should apply the rules they have designed and do not take that point to evaluate BUT you never know, i can not say much because my boss has not received some questioning about that point and I am also PGWP.
For your 2nd., my boss never have received a letter of confirmation that my file was open, but if your prospective employer call to HRSC they give the file # of your case and with that your prospective employer can keep asking about the process. The file # can be used to be included in your WP renovation... it is all i can say about my experience, hope everything goes well with your case =)..

katniss said:
Hi everyone,

My employer has submitted an LMO application for me last month. I have a couple quick questions and would appreciate any responses:

1. I am on a PGWP and this is supposed to be exempt from demonstrating recruitment efforts for the LMO process; however browsing online there seem to be many opinions to the effect that many SC officers are "not aware" of this requirement? My employer included some proof of recruiting just to be safe; however he forgot to mention the salary in the job ad. Now I understand that this could be grounds for refusal under normal circumstances - but if I am anyway exempt, this shouldn't matter - right?

2. I believe the current processing times are way longer than initially anticipated. My PGWP expires in the last week of Feb - what are my options if the LMO does not come through before then?

3. I thought that the only response received was the "final decision" but recently I have read that there is something called "a confirmation that the application was received by SC". When is this usually received - and should I ask my employer to follow up? It's almost 4 weeks and we haven't heard anything.

I look forward to hearing from some of the senior members - please and thank you!

terry2011

Dec 21, 2011
Hi revival,

100% sure they say November because i was present on the call, but you never know, maybe one agent tell one thing and other agent say other... but i also crossing fingers it does not take longer because iam out of work as well =(... good luck, and please keep posting your experience, it helps us to keep some hope alive or to look for other ways =).

revival said:
@ terry2001

Hi,

HI TERRY 2001,
SORRY TO READ ABOVE THE SAD SITUATION WE FALL INTO.WE HAVE THE SAME ISSUE.I APPLIED FOR CONCURRENT PROSSESING ON 17TH OF OCT.MY EMPLOYER SENT APPLICATION FOR LMO AS WELL.JUST DAY B/FYESTERDAY I RECEIVED A DENIAL LETTER FROM CIC.I TOOK IT TO WORK YESTERDAY AND WAS OUT OF WORK.MY EMPLOYER HAS GIVEN ME TWO WEEK .WELL,JUST WANT TO FIND OUT IF SC IS CURRENTLY TREATING NOV 11 APPLICATION JUST LIKE YOU MENTION OR OCT 11?B/C WEN I CALLED THEM ON THURSDAY TO FIND OUT THEIR CURRENT PROCCESSING TIME THEY SAID SEPT 30-OCT 5 CURRENTLY.ARE YOU SURE THEY MENTION NOVEMBER 11 0R OCT 11 TO YOUR EMPLOYER YESTERDAY AS THEIR CURRENT PROCCESSING TIME.PLS REPLY.THANKS

revival

Star Member
Jan 7, 2012
terry2011 said:
Hi revival,

100% sure they say November because i was present on the call, but you never know, maybe one agent tell one thing and other agent say other... but i also crossing fingers it does not take longer because iam out of work as well =(... good luck, and please keep posting your experience, it helps us to keep some hope alive or to look for other ways =).
hi terry 2011,
was your applcation sent to sc office in toronto or else where?

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
Hi everyone!

Just to give my timeline in applying LMO

NOV. 24, 2011- faxed the LMO application
DEC. 28, 2011- received the LMO confirmation
JAN. 6, 2012- received the POSITIVE LMO
JAN. 9.2012- Mailed the work permit application

I wish everyone well.! :) I hope everybody will receive a positive LMO :)

God bless!