+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA

KumarMK

Feb 28, 2024
Hy guys, anybody has any idea how long it will take an lmia to be approved if the current status is "Assessment in progress"?

track002

Star Member
Oct 16, 2023
Hy guys, anybody has any idea how long it will take an lmia to be approved if the current status is "Assessment in progress"?
It's unpredictable at the moment. Some get an update in less than a few weeks others take a lot longer than that.

DavidJbaby

Jan 29, 2024
So finally, the LMIA was approved, it was the first LMIA for the company, maybe since its a hotel with more tan 20 years operating, or I don't know, but my employer neither the representative of their Immigration consultant company were interviewed
So here is the timeline:

NOC 64100 - Sales associate
Alberta
Application submitted Dec 06th
Payment requested. Dec 18th
Queued for assessment Dec 18th
Email received from service Canada asking my future employer for an additional document February 22nd
Assessment in progress February 27th
Decision rendered (positive): February 29th

Business days since application was sent 57 business days
Calendar days since application was sent 85 calendar days
Business days since payment submission 48 business days
Calendar days since payment submission 73 calendar days

Hope this timelines help you guys, don't give up

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So finally, the LMIA was approved, it was the first LMIA for the company, maybe since its a hotel with more tan 20 years operating, or I don't know, but my employer neither the representative of their Immigration consultant company were interviewed
So here is the timeline:

Alberta
Email received from service Canada asking my future employer for an additional document February 22nd

Congrats. Assume you are in Canada and now applying for work permit. Make sure you have all the documents ready to apply.

track002

Star Member
Oct 16, 2023
So here is the timeline:

Alberta

Feels great to read such news. It's been a while. What surprising is that the duration... my employer had submitted my application on October 3rd and It's still in queued for assessment. I just hope, like yours, my employer gets an update soon. Fingers Crossed! Thanks for sharing your news. Congratulations!

DavidJbaby

Jan 29, 2024
So EDSC is assessing whether a LMIA is appropriate given the NOC. Is that a licensed NOC? Most jobs in your field are self employed where you rent a chair in a shop.
Hi Naturgurl, I see you are kind of an expert, are you able to send me a private message to make you some questions? I'm not sure since I wanted to apply at a POE, but with the new visa changes for Mexicans, not sure

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Naturgurl, I see you are kind of an expert, are you able to send me a private message to make you some questions? I'm not sure since I wanted to apply at a POE, but with the new visa changes for Mexicans, not sure
I do not answer privately. You now need a TRV to enter Canada. You either appy inland and wait, or apply from Mexico outland for work permit with TRV and wait.