+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA

harpreet ss

Star Member
Apr 21, 2012
Hi Guys,
One of my freind have approved LMIA in Saskethwan for Truck driver.Is it possible that we can apply for PNP programme if we have LMIA?Or Is that possible after working for 1year in Sasketchwan I can apply under Express Entry(CEC) ie NOC C by this LMIA?
Seniors Please drop your views.
Thank You.

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
harpreet ss said:
Hi Guys,
One of my freind have approved LMIA in Saskethwan for Truck driver.Is it possible that we can apply for PNP programme if we have LMIA?Or Is that possible after working for 1year in Sasketchwan I can apply under Express Entry(CEC) ie NOC C by this LMIA?
Seniors Please drop your views.
Thank You.
CEC requires skilled work experience in Canada in NOC group 0, A or B.

Experience in a group 'C' position doesn't qualify for that.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I think you might be getting the different parts of the immigration process mixed up. Everyone needs an LMIA in order to get a work permit unless they are in an LMIA exempt category. In order to apply through EE your job with LMIA must be in skill level OAB. In NOC C you may qualify for PNP depending on the Province. I think you have to be working in order to get PNP so you would need an LMIA.

harpreet ss

Star Member
Apr 21, 2012
Thank you so much freind.What do you think is a best option LMIA OR PNP for international graduate?Which one is easy to get in Ontario?

harpreet ss

Star Member
Apr 21, 2012
And in my company 3 guys are PR(2 directors and 1accountant) and 2 guys are on PGWP both are on payroll for more than a year.One already applied for Immigration.He got his file number and the other is also thinking to apply for PNP like me.So totally we got 5 guys who are on payroll excluding me.My question is that if I go for PNP the requirements are that we have to have 5 guys on payroll but not sure either only PR or can be temprory Workers?

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
In SINP, there is a specific category for truck drivers. Check that out. As other have said, truck driver itself is NOC C and will not be eligible in EE. You should be able to get into the old style PNP with SINP.

As for PNP or LMIA, I have heard a lot of bad stories about LMIA being a long, tedious, endless paper work phone calls with officers and can be rejected easily. So for students IMO its much easier to get PNP (depend on province as well).

Trouble is, as of now, only BCPNP is giving nominations in EE systems (For the 600 points), some has announced requirements but not given nominations and other don't even have a stream for EE. So if you are going with PNP, chances are you will be going with old style application and be outside of EE

harpreet ss

Star Member
Apr 21, 2012
Thank you.As I just got PGWP is it possible that I can apply for LMIA now?How much is the validty for LMIA or PNP once they are approved?And is it affect me if the other guy also apply for PNP from same company but for different job designation?

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
harpreet ss said:
Thank you.As I just got PGWP is it possible that I can apply for LMIA now?How much is the validty for LMIA or PNP once they are approved?And is it affect me if the other guy also apply for PNP from same company but for different job designation?
IIRC, LMIA has no quota after EE kicks in so I dont think your colleagues will affect your application.

I've heard LMIA is valid for 6 months, I am not sure.