+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA & Transition Plan - Critical Questions

exp7

Star Member
Jan 21, 2013
Hello all,

Can someone with experience in filling LMIA and Transition Plan forms help me?

Transition Plan

page 8-10 activity 5
Description of Plan Activity and Proposed dates OF Activities
What the employer should put in this field?

LMIA emp5517
Job Offer Information
Question 3 - Expected employment duration

Question 21 - What are the benefits to the Canadian labour market for offering this job to a TFW?
What we should put there in the PROVIDE DETAILS field?

page 9 at the end of the application
Does the employer have to pay the LMIA processing fee if the candidate has an open work permit?
If so, should we the employer check the box at the bottom?-->I agree to pay the total fee...

Thank you,
exp7

exp7

Star Member
Jan 21, 2013
Has anyone experience with LMIA application and Transition Plan?

If not where can I find information for these questions?

susana

Nov 4, 2008
exp7 said:
No one in this forum has done LMIA so far?
No one can answer your questions as this information is different in every case. Your employer must know what is hw planning or doung to hire and retain canadians, who knows how long he needs you and the benefits of hiring you.

Good luck ! This is the main part of the application, you can hire a professional to do it for you.

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
susana said:
No one can answer your questions as this information is different in every case. Your employer must know what is hw planning or doung to hire and retain canadians, who knows how long he needs you and the benefits of hiring you.

Good luck ! This is the main part of the application, you can hire a professional to do it for you.
I totally agree with you . Many people has LMO/ LMIA , but no one can explain others situation . While I appplied mine , even my agency didnt answer for me , he said your employer has answer those question. I would say do more work on it discuss with your employer find answer by urself . Good luck.

exp7

Star Member
Jan 21, 2013
SO THIS QUESTION HAS TO DO WITH EMPLOYER?
IT IS NOT A GENERAL QUESTION?

NO ONE CAN HELP?

Does the employer have to pay the LMIA processing fee if the candidate has an open work permit?
If so, should we the employer check the box at the bottom?-->I agree to pay the total fee...

AM198

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was initially applying for an LMIA through my employer. When I asked their lawyer about the transition plan, she said we don't need to worry about that or come up with that because she was going to say that since this is an application to support permanent residency, that is what the transition plan would be. The transition plan is meant for the employer to demonstrate how they will transition to a permanent resident or Canadian doing that job, and since the candidate would eventually become a permanent resident, that is what the transition plan is.

I guess you could call EDSC and ask them as well. They're pretty good with answering the phone.

exp7

Star Member
Jan 21, 2013
AM198 said:
I was initially applying for an LMIA through my employer. When I asked their lawyer about the transition plan, she said we don't need to worry about that or come up with that because she was going to say that since this is an application to support permanent residency, that is what the transition plan would be. The transition plan is meant for the employer to demonstrate how they will transition to a permanent resident or Canadian doing that job, and since the candidate would eventually become a permanent resident, that is what the transition plan is.

I guess you could call EDSC and ask them as well. They're pretty good with answering the phone.
Thank you for your help!

Reactions: binlynn22

sivasagi

Jan 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I have a question on LMO.

When I was hired my employer applied for LMO and it took some time for the process and during that time, employer tried for Intra company transfer and I got it. Then, I came to Canada as Intra company transfer. In the mean time, even my LMO got approved but never used.

Now, the question is, can I use this LMO for claiming 600 points uner express entry:)

binlynn22

Dec 10, 2013
Hello all,

Can someone with experience in filling LMIA and Transition Plan forms help me?

Transition Plan
page 8-10 activity 5
Description of Plan Activity and Proposed dates OF Activities

LMIA emp5517
Job Offer Information
Question 3 - Expected employment duration

Question 21 - What are the benefits to the Canadian labour market for offering this job to a TFW?
What we should put there in the PROVIDE DETAILS field?

Thank you,
exp7
Hello exp7,

I was searching for answers for filling out LMIA application forms and found your post here. I am now stucked at the same section, transition plan, page 8-10 activity 5. I am not sure what should I put for the "description of proposed activity" and "expected outcome" and I am also first time submit LMIA to facilitate a TFW for PR. Could you kindly give me some advice or direct me to some resources? Any advice is much appreciated!!!