+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA to get 50 points for CEC

C_vitamin

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Hello Everyone,
I am so confused with LMIA process. I have open work permit which will expire 2 years later. I’d like to apply for LMIA to get 50 points. I will apply CEC. I am currently working for a different company. The company who will support me for the LMIA will start LMIA process. (It’s a different company than I currently work).I talked to a consultant today. He said you don’t need to work with the company while waiting for LMIA approval. Even you don’t need to work after positive LMIA approval, but you need to work for 1 year after you get PR. Is that true?
I will apply CEC after LMIA approval. What documents should I provide after ITA regarding LMIA support? Just an Employer letter is enough?

p.sejal17

Aug 17, 2019
Hello Everyone,
I am so confused with LMIA process. I have open work permit which will expire 2 years later. I’d like to apply for LMIA to get 50 points. I will apply CEC. I am currently working for a different company. The company who will support me for the LMIA will start LMIA process. (It’s a different company than I currently work).I talked to a consultant today. He said you don’t need to work with the company while waiting for LMIA approval. Even you don’t need to work after positive LMIA approval, but you need to work for 1 year after you get PR. Is that true?
I will apply CEC after LMIA approval. What documents should I provide after ITA regarding LMIA support? Just an Employer letter is enough?
Hey can you help me ? I'm in the same situation as yours. I got ITA. did you get your PR now based on this situation???? Please help