+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA Related Question - Impact on changing province

pradeep_g5

May 4, 2011
Hey Guys,
I have few questions below and was hoping to get help from seniors.

My LMIA got approved by an employer for Alberta and i have another company who is willing to apply for LMIA in Ontario.

Alberta employer is ready to submit the Work permit application, however i dont want to rush the decision as my end goal is to work in Ontario. pls can you suggest on the below thanks.

- Can I start in Alberta in Feb and post ontario LMIA approval (for e.g. in may after 3 months) reapply for work permit for Ontario.

- Do you guys see any negative factors for moving the province that the visa officer will be concerned during my second LMIA/workpermit application ?

- if i move from one province to another on 2 different LMIA's would both the experience (Employer A - Alberta 3 months & Employer B - Ontario 9 months) will be counted towards CEC for PR Application ?

- My employer in ontario may apply for ONIP, do you see any issue in ONIP application if i moved provinces ?

Or should i stay back, wait for Ontario LMIA and apply for work permit in Ontario directly rather than moving provinces ?

suggestions welcome, looking for guidance thanks

mau123

Nov 16, 2018
Hey Guys,
I have few questions below and was hoping to get help from seniors.

My LMIA got approved by an employer for Alberta and i have another company who is willing to apply for LMIA in Ontario.

Alberta employer is ready to submit the Work permit application, however i dont want to rush the decision as my end goal is to work in Ontario. pls can you suggest on the below thanks.

- Can I start in Alberta in Feb and post ontario LMIA approval (for e.g. in may after 3 months) reapply for work permit for Ontario.

- Do you guys see any negative factors for moving the province that the visa officer will be concerned during my second LMIA/workpermit application ?

- if i move from one province to another on 2 different LMIA's would both the experience (Employer A - Alberta 3 months & Employer B - Ontario 9 months) will be counted towards CEC for PR Application ?

- My employer in ontario may apply for ONIP, do you see any issue in ONIP application if i moved provinces ?

Or should i stay back, wait for Ontario LMIA and apply for work permit in Ontario directly rather than moving provinces ?

suggestions welcome, looking for guidance thanks

In your case, I would grab Alberta LMIA approved employer, apply for PR, get additional 50 points (if you score good in other things) once PR in hand, move out to Ontario instead of wasting time with Ontario LMIA and potentially not getting it approved or something...

pradeep_g5

May 4, 2011
I understand, but i don't qualify for good express entry score due to IELTS factor. in that case i have to be at minimum a year on Work permit/LMIA.

Reactions: mau123

mau123

Nov 16, 2018
I understand, but i don't qualify for good express entry score due to IELTS factor. in that case i have to be at minimum a year on Work permit/LMIA.
I understand. It's up to you, but I personally would take that offer in Alberta, start working and accumulating my experience while at the same time retake IELTS. Instead of spending a few months hustling with new LMIA offer which is not sure if gets approved... What if it doesn't? It's better to be safe. Plus, you can always travel to Ontario to explore and make connections. Plus your time in Alberta is temporary. Remember that after a year there you can easily move out and live in Ontario. But in the meantime... You can always get nomination from Ontario, improve IELTS etc. Just my thoughts.

pradeep_g5

May 4, 2011
completely understand, but looks my all attempt to IELTS has gone in vain, so the only option open for me now is via LMIA, pls suggest