+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA processig time ONTARIO??

ioanalexc1

Jun 8, 2015
hello to all of you!
i am new here and i was wondering if you knew a way to know what is the status of an application for a LMIA exempt. My husband´s employer tols us that they've applied for one but, as we dont have any update for a few weeks now, we are asking ourselves if they've actually did apply.
i don't know if we can contact ESDC or if there is any online check possibility.

Thanks a million!

roman_emperor08

Apr 18, 2013
you cant do any inquiry to esdc about your lmia unless you are the employer or representative, try to do a research to job bank or any job site if your employer did the advertisement just type a key word like your position or company name.

ioanalexc1

Jun 8, 2015
roman_emperor08 said:
you cant do any inquiry to esdc about your lmia unless you are the employer or representative, try to do a research to job bank or any job site if your employer did the advertisement just type a key word like your position or company name.
Thank you very much for your answer Roman_emperor08! i will try to do that :)

arnvfx

Star Member
May 20, 2015
My Company applied on 13th March 2015 in Ontario it is June 16th 2015 we have not heard anything yet, Not even received the File no. Anyone have any idea how much longer is this process going to take.? Wage is 25$
Graphics Art Technician

akil_f1

Jun 15, 2013
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
2**3
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-13
AOR Received.
10-01-2014
Hello ppl ,
Is there any one here whose employer applied LMIA for the position they are working ?
My emp is willing to apply LMIA to support PR under EE , but not sure how to proceed.I am working for the same employer from past 3 years

Prashanth85

Star Member
Feb 14, 2015
arnvfx said:
My Company applied on 13th March 2015 in Ontario it is June 16th 2015 we have not heard anything yet, Not even received the File no. Anyone have any idea how much longer is this process going to take.? Wage is 25$
Graphics Art Technician
you still dint receive file number? Then am sure something went wrong. Pleased ask your employer to contact ESDC

Prashanth85

Star Member
Feb 14, 2015
akil_f1 said:
Hello ppl ,
Is there any one here whose employer applied LMIA for the position they are working ?
My emp is willing to apply LMIA to support PR under EE , but not sure how to proceed.I am working for the same employer from past 3 years
My employer sent the application yesterday for the same position. Is your employer willing to apply? Its very pain for employer, you need to have many documents, advertising etc
1. start with what position your employer want to apply for LMIA
2. Advertise the job on the job bank, make sure you follow the advertising template( This even is very hectic)
3. After one month of advertisement you can apply, meanwhile start collection documents, preparing application etc
4. You need to keep the advertising until you receive a decision on the application

vrcarval

Jul 24, 2014
Hello all,
When you say that you received the "file number" one week after the submission of the LMIA process, is it the same as the Application Number that is showed on the LMIA Web Service?
My employer submitted the LMIA request on July 24 and the website shows an Application Number like 2015-ON-00XXXX, the Application Status is Received and the Job Status is "Decision Pending - In Progress".
Anyone already used the Web Service to request the LMIA and can share how much time it took to receive the decision?
My LMIA has dual intent, I live in Toronto and my position is High Wage.
Thanks everyone!

Cter

Mar 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello vrcarval,

vrcarval said:
When you say that you received the "file number" one week after the submission of the LMIA process, is it the same as the Application Number that is showed on the LMIA Web Service?
My employer submitted the LMIA request on July 24 and the website shows an Application Number like 2015-ON-00XXXX, the Application Status is Received and the Job Status is "Decision Pending - In Progress".
Anyone already used the Web Service to request the LMIA and can share how much time it took to receive the decision?
what site/service are you talking about here? Could you share that URL please. Thanks!

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Hi,
We got positive LMIA on Friday.
Employer sent the application: 8th of August
They got it: 17 th August
File number: we did not get it
Interview was: 22 th of August
Positive LMIA by fax on the 22 th of August
NOC: 7237
Dual intent,high wage,high demand occupation ( welder)

leandroferro

Oct 16, 2015
Hi!

My employer applied for LMIA in June 23, but we haven't received any response yet.
Do you guys know if it is "normal" to wait all this time?

Thanks!

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well LMIA's usually takes longer to process as its a long confusing process , but i am not sure if LMIA for EE or PR application is processed faster as its free to but for TFW its usually a long process the earliest i heard of a LMIA issued is 2 months ( only 1 or 2 cases). so tell your employer to contact ESDC or wait and hope for the best...Good luck!!! :)

qaz

Jan 25, 2015
I don't live in Canada now. Through headhunter to find a job of system analyst ( noc 2171) in a technology company. They claimed they sent the application at May and charged them money but no update until now. Should I expect my application failed? Thx guys

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qaz said:
I don't live in Canada now. Through headhunter to find a job of system analyst ( noc 2171) in a technology company. They claimed they sent the application at May and charged them money but no update until now. Should I expect my application failed? Thx guys
If its charged then its under process ... :)