+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA Process........

MMPL

Nov 24, 2015
I am currently working in company and my employer ready for LMIA. But I am working for this company almost last 8 month. So can i apply for my LMIA after 8 month? If yes then what my employer should have to submit as a advertisement proof? They currently do not have any record for job post or else?

I would like to apply under Ontario higher skilled worker and my job is in NOC B.

g_singh76

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
Doc's Request.
28-01-2017
Passport Req..
15-05-2017
LANDED..........
25-05-2017
Its a bit Long process these days if you are in ONTARIO. I tried for my LMIA and it took 4 months for a god damn reply and just when patience was over, they issued a negative LMIA because of a stupid mistake.

So here is what me and my company went thru.

1st:- You post a job " This is the link for explained process-- http://www.esdc.gc.ca/en/foreign_workers/hire/permanent/apply.page". If you want to see my job post then this link "http://www.indeed.ca/cmp/Clover-Tool-Mfg-Ltd./jobs/CNC-Machinist-45ba5fdb3256fb5d?q=clover"
2nd:- Post the same job post on Indeed, Job bank and Moster job or another paid version, Core Services or if your employer can afford it : Newspaper Ad. We went with indeed, job bank and Core services.
3rd:- Wait for 1 month and interview all the candidates who applied except the one who doesn't qualify, you know what am i saying.
4th:- Gather everything, all the interviews, explain why you didn't hire them over you. Explain why your company needs you and why they can't find any Canadian to fill that job position
5th:- Apply and pay $1000 fee upfront.
6th:- You get a file no, every week, call them and ask for updates

May you get it right the first time. and hey read work to work what they wrote on their website. because if you don't, get your employer's credit card ready for another 1000.

Make sure, when you post your job, your wages are more than the prevailing wages.

Let me know if you need further details.

g_singh76

Star Member
Sep 5, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
Doc's Request.
28-01-2017
Passport Req..
15-05-2017
LANDED..........
25-05-2017
Yes, they wrote, your minimum wages are less than the prevailing wages.

MMPL

Nov 24, 2015
thank you g_singh76 for your help. I saw your job post put on indded but have you put job post any where else other than indded. And It will be great help to me if you info me what documents you submitted as a part of your number of candidate interviewed? Is there validity period of LMIA (for example valid for 6 month or 1 year) ? Can we reapply If we get negative LMIA?