+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA not required for CEC (candidates)

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
lemonwater said:
read this http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/hire/offers.asp

no one prevented you from registering a profile, but to fulfil the process of fsw/ftw, you have to have lmia.
OK. Your interpretation of the page is different from mine. Having an offer can definitely help. But not mandatory.
Lets wait and see on Jan end when the draw happens.

Umer_Ali

Star Member
Apr 23, 2014
Maplemadness82 said:
OK. Your interpretation of the page is different from mine. Having an offer can definitely help. But not mandatory.

Yup man nothing is sure until january draw as some places it says that job offer is must and i saw a place where it is normal requirements for FSW with job offer giving additional points...

bambooshka

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Maplemadness82 said:
You both are basically correct. If you fulfill FSWP eligibility, then you can register in EE. But if your job is without LMIA, you cannot claim 600 points against the job. Having an offer is not mandatory too, neither is having a job with LMIA. But those missed 600 points are a sure-shot ITA.

mohsin.ipr

Jun 24, 2011
lots of thoughts/opinions/perceptions here...

there isn't any 100% certainty for one being true..
i will try calling CIC tomorrow and see what their response is...
however, i don't see a logical reason why CIC will make these thing hard for CEC applicants as they are already here in canada working for them and giving growth to the country..

why would a person applying from outside canada will have the same perks as that of a person in canada with canadian degree and job offer.. :(

JK546

Oct 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What if working CEC candidate does not have LIMA and employer is not ready to provide the same. It is certain he will loose 600 points.

But question is does the candidate have to register in job bank and search new job. Every where I read, CIC implies that a non LIMA job is only a temporary offer .

See the FAQ Qs below:

15. Can an employer who currently employs a temporary foreign worker (TFW) use Express Entry to support their application for permanent residence?

Yes. As long as the TFW is in Canada working under a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA), you can offer them a permanent job to support their application for permanent residence. Your TFW would have to create an Express Entry profile and include their job offer information. A job offer supported by an LMIA will give a candidate enough additional points and be ranked high enough to be invited to apply at the next eligible draw of candidates.

If you are considering permanently hiring a TFW and you do not have a positive LMIA for the job, you will first need to make every effort to try and find a Canadian or permanent resident to fill the job opportunity. You will need to meet LMIA requirements, including posting your job ad on Employment and Social Development Canada's (ESDC) Job Bank in addition to advertising in two other places. If you have done this and have been unsuccessful in filling your job opportunity, you can apply for an LMIA for the TFW through Service Canada. The TFW would then have to create an Express Entry profile, meet the minimum criteria and include their job offer information so they get enough additional points and be ranked high enough to be invited to apply at the next eligible draw of candidates.

Also inexplicable rule by CIC to allocate points for french when Quebec does not select skilled workers via express entry.

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
JK546 said:
What if working CEC candidate does not have LIMA and employer is not ready to provide the same. It is certain he will loose 600 points.

But question is does the candidate have to register in job bank and search new job. Every where I read, CIC implies that a non LIMA job is only a temporary offer .

See the FAQ Qs below:

15. Can an employer who currently employs a temporary foreign worker (TFW) use Express Entry to support their application for permanent residence?

Yes. As long as the TFW is in Canada working under a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA), you can offer them a permanent job to support their application for permanent residence. Your TFW would have to create an Express Entry profile and include their job offer information. A job offer supported by an LMIA will give a candidate enough additional points and be ranked high enough to be invited to apply at the next eligible draw of candidates.

If you are considering permanently hiring a TFW and you do not have a positive LMIA for the job, you will first need to make every effort to try and find a Canadian or permanent resident to fill the job opportunity. You will need to meet LMIA requirements, including posting your job ad on Employment and Social Development Canada's (ESDC) Job Bank in addition to advertising in two other places. If you have done this and have been unsuccessful in filling your job opportunity, you can apply for an LMIA for the TFW through Service Canada. The TFW would then have to create an Express Entry profile, meet the minimum criteria and include their job offer information so they get enough additional points and be ranked high enough to be invited to apply at the next eligible draw of candidates.

Also inexplicable rule by CIC to allocate points for french when Quebec does not select skilled workers via express entry.
"But question is does the candidate have to register in job bank and search new job. Every where I read, CIC implies that a non LIMA job is only a temporary offer ."

Not necessarily so. The candidate can have his current employer apply LIMA for him so he can continue with same employer and need not have to search. The goal behind this from CIC & Canada Govt is this. Whether the employer has made any genuine attempt to first recruit a Canadian citizen or PR holder before getting someone from outside. All these exemptions from LIMA, be it ICT visa or PGWP or whatever, is in a way to bypass making an honest attempt to recruit a local candidate first. They want to tighten the screw first so employer does his bit of due diligence before getting someone overseas.

JK546

Oct 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maplemadness82 said:
"But question is does the candidate have to register in job bank and search new job. Every where I read, CIC implies that a non LIMA job is only a temporary offer ."

Not necessarily so. The candidate can have his current employer apply LIMA for him so he can continue with same employer and need not have to search. The goal behind this from CIC & Canada Govt is this. Whether the employer has made any genuine attempt to first recruit a Canadian citizen or PR holder before getting someone from outside. All these exemptions from LIMA, be it ICT visa or PGWP or whatever, is in a way to bypass making an honest attempt to recruit a local candidate first. They want to tighten the screw first so employer does his bit of due diligence before getting someone overseas.
In case my current employer is not providing me LIMA. But still I get picked for ITA through Draw

Then does one need to find a Lima approved job to get PR under CEC ??

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
JK546 said:
In case my current employer is not providing me LIMA. But still I get picked for ITA through Draw

Then does one need to find a Lima approved job to get PR under CEC ??
IF you get picked up, you need to provide evidence for every self declared point. If you have self-declared 600 points for AE, you need to show that evidence.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
be it ICT visa or PGWP or whatever, is in a way to bypass making an honest attempt to recruit a local candidate first.
Applying under CEC you have to have a job. And if you get one it is not neessary (or even mandatory under CEC) to have it as a permanent but just to have 12 months of work experience in Canada.

sy_123

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I have applied PR under CEC, also i got my AOR. I am living in outside of canada

Here my question is can i apply workpermit without lmia , once i get job offer through express entry under new rule of express entry

I welcome your valuble response

Thank you

bambooshka

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
sy_123 said:
Here my question is can i apply workpermit without lmia , once i get job offer through express entry under new rule of express entry
If you get job under EE, you will be invited for PR itself. So work permit LMIA are not needed then.

sy_123

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bambooshka said:
If you get job under EE, you will be invited for PR itself. So work permit LMIA are not needed then.
Thanks bambooshka

Can i apply again PR under CEC in EXPRESS ENTRY POOL for only get job offer. Because i have alread applied and got AOR

once again Thank you

bambooshka

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
sy_123 said:
Thanks bambooshka

Can i apply again PR under CEC in EXPRESS ENTRY POOL for only get job offer. Because i have alread applied and got AOR

once again Thank you
I don't know the answer to that. But EE will also refer you to CEC, and your application is already in CEC. So what purpose will it serve to apply again?