+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA Location question?

mai1995

Sep 17, 2020
I have a question about LMIA work permit

I have LMIA work permit, and at the time my employer applied for my work permit, they had a location in the downtown of the current city I live in, but after it got approved 1 year ago, they moved their office to another part of the same city. Now, my work permit says, "not authorized to work in any location other than stated," but the location my work permit shows is the city's name only, and my employer changed locations, but the city stayed the same.

Does this mean I am able to work at their new location as long as it's the same employer and same city mentioned on my work permit, or do I need to apply for a new work permit?
Does it affect when I apply for Express Entry?

Thank you

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I have a question about LMIA work permit

I have LMIA work permit, and at the time my employer applied for my work permit, they had a location in the downtown of the current city I live in, but after it got approved 1 year ago, they moved their office to another part of the same city. Now, my work permit says, "not authorized to work in any location other than stated," but the location my work permit shows is the city's name only, and my employer changed locations, but the city stayed the same.

Does this mean I am able to work at their new location as long as it's the same employer and same city mentioned on my work permit, or do I need to apply for a new work permit?
Does it affect when I apply for Express Entry?

Thank you
Technically it is approved for the location you had applied to earlier and IRCC is not aware that the location have changed and is still assuming it at the same location. If I have been you I would make them aware of the change and get it ammendend, rather than facing problems while applying for PR.