+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA - Global Talent Stream - Employer with no Physical Office

simon.s

Jul 4, 2020
Hi,

I am a computer programmer and I find an employer whom accepted to support my visa application in Canada.
They don't have any lawyers, so I need to investigate on how to apply for a visa.

I find that the Global Talent Stream (Category B) has a computer programmer (2174) in its list and so my employer can apply for this application.
The problem is that all of their employees are working from their home so the company doesn't have any office at the moment. The problem that I cannot work with them easily is that I live in a country which is 12 hours different from Canada (regarding the time zones) and so it is not possible to work with them remotely (from my country).

I wanted to know if the employer can apply for an LMIA (Global Talent Stream) or not?

If not, what about PNP streams?
Does it need an office location as well?

Many thanks in advance

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I am a computer programmer and I find an employer whom accepted to support my visa application in Canada.
They don't have any lawyers, so I need to investigate on how to apply for a visa.

I find that the Global Talent Stream (Category B) has a computer programmer (2174) in its list and so my employer can apply for this application.
The problem is that all of their employees are working from their home so the company doesn't have any office at the moment. The problem that I cannot work with them easily is that I live in a country which is 12 hours different from Canada (regarding the time zones) and so it is not possible to work with them remotely (from my country).

I wanted to know if the employer can apply for an LMIA (Global Talent Stream) or not?

If not, what about PNP streams?
Does it need an office location as well?

Many thanks in advance
Not sure how they can justify the WP if you work remotely. I am under the impression that the majority of programming is done independently. There are many programmers working remotely abroad for many tech companies. You and the company can certainly apply. This is not a common scenario so worth a shot.

Reactions: simon.s

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Not sure how they can justify the WP if you work remotely. I am under the impression that the majority of programming is done independently. There are many programmers working remotely abroad for many tech companies. You and the company can certainly apply. This is not a common scenario so worth a shot.
Agree to the above
It will be difficult to justify
Work around is you say u work from client office
If that is also not there then it will be very tough to get an approval

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Agree to the above
It will be difficult to justify
Work around is you say u work from client office
If that is also not there then it will be very tough to get an approval
Not sure why you are assuming there is a client. Sounds more like a small employer or start-up with no offices or clients.

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Not sure why you are assuming there is a client. Sounds more like a small employer or start-up with no offices or clients.
I didn’t assume - I said if there is a client normally a s/w company would have one providing services to it’s customers
Agree if there is no client and it’s only in house work then it will not fly