imansoor

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello Guys,

I am working for this Canadian employer for almost 2 years now. Now my spouse open work visa is expiring in the Sept 2024.
As LMIA is for hiring new international skilled people. Is there possibility that I can get LMIA from my existing employer?
If Yes then please share some resources/information I can share with them.

Regards,
Mansoor

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Guys,

I am working for this Canadian employer for almost 2 years now. Now my spouse open work visa is expiring in the Sept 2024.
As LMIA is for hiring new international skilled people. Is there possibility that I can get LMIA from my existing employer?
If Yes then please share some resources/information I can share with them.

Regards,
Mansoor
Is your employer willing to pay for, go through the process of posting job, and filing out the paperwork? If yes, share them the IRCC link to hiring a foreign worker.

imansoor

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Is your employer willing to pay for, go through the process of posting job, and filing out the paperwork? If yes, share them the IRCC link to hiring a foreign worker.
Yes they are willing to but only problem is that they don't know if this is possible for existing employee.
Ideally they would issue LMIA before hiring someone not to employee already hired.
Hence I am looking for any kind of information/cites from IRCC that LMIA can be done for Existing employee as well.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes they are willing to but only problem is that they don't know if this is possible for existing employee.
Ideally they would issue LMIA before hiring someone not to employee already hired.
Hence I am looking for any kind of information/cites from IRCC that LMIA can be done for Existing employee as well.
When does your permit expire? They can hire an existing employee through a LMIA but first, they have to post your job on JobBank and other employment sites. Then they document the hiring/interviewing process and show that no Canadian/PR with your skills and education were qualified, only you. Then they fill out the LMIA paperwork showing the need for a temporary foreign worker (you).

Reactions: imansoor

imansoor

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
When does your permit expire? They can hire an existing employee through a LMIA but first, they have to post your job on JobBank and other employment sites. Then they document the hiring/interviewing process and show that no Canadian/PR with your skills and education were qualified, only you. Then they fill out the LMIA paperwork showing the need for a temporary foreign worker (you).
The company is big and logically its wrong to do it, when IRCC says its for hiring new worker who are Not PR/Citizen.
I mean its an hassle for employer to go through all the job postings and interviews just to say there are no one to fill the position.
Don't you think IRCC will know this since I am already working for the employer?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The company is big and logically its wrong to do it, when IRCC says its for hiring new worker who are Not PR/Citizen.
I mean its an hassle for employer to go through all the job postings and interviews just to say there are no one to fill the position.
Don't you think IRCC will know this since I am already working for the employer?
But your employer has to prove they could not hire anyone with the skills and experience. They have to document their hiring and interviewing processes. That is the whole point of a LMIA.