+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lmia flagpoling on implied status

hellogirl

Dec 17, 2017
I appreciate this lengthy and informative post , but I want to be sure if I'm eligible to apply on Poe , since my work permit is refused , I know I must submit a restoration application . I can apply within Canada but the 5 months is really long time and it's really hard to survive , i was thinking of traveling to the USA and come back after few days since my parents live in the US . After that apply at the airport for Poe . I'm visa exempt and only require esta and ETA to travel . My question is , can I apply at Poe ?
Hello, my case is same. Can you tell me what happened in your case? I filed my closed work permit extension in may 23, I received request for additional document in sep 23, I replied back with document within 2 days, last work permit expired in October 23. The multiple entry stamp on my passport is valid till April 24. I’m currently on implied status and I have to go to US next week. I can return to Canada as long as passport stamp is valid.Can you tell me if there is a way for me to continue working upon return to Canada or have to refilé the extension?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello, my case is same. Can you tell me what happened in your case? I filed my closed work permit extension in may 23, I received request for additional document in sep 23, I replied back with document within 2 days, last work permit expired in October 23. The multiple entry stamp on my passport is valid till April 24. I’m currently on implied status and I have to go to US next week. I can return to Canada as long as passport stamp is valid.Can you tell me if there is a way for me to continue working upon return to Canada or have to refilé the extension?
Once you leave Canada, you lost implied maintenance status. If you return to Canada, you are entering as a visitor.

So you cannot work. Unless there is some special rule with your work permit application/extension. Re-filing the extension will only give you implied status as a visitor.

Reactions: Naturgrl