+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA-exempt WP extension question about documents

Naratve

Jun 23, 2016
hi!!

Sorry!! I just went through it again and I found it, answered no and fix it!!
No declaration needed!

THANKS A LOT!!

;D ;D ;D

Lady_Ashka

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2016
AOR Received.
03-11-2016, AOR2 24-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
upfront (03-06-2016)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
no problem!

Also, for the future: calling CIC is actually not that bad - yes, first you need to listen to a lot of pre-recorded messages, but if you just follow the instructions there is an option given to press 0 and talk to an agent - you have to wait a bit, but it really helps to talk to a real person, so if you are ever in a state of panic, it might be worth a shot ;)

anyways, I am glad to hear you solved the problem :) good luck with your application!!

supercow

Nov 10, 2015
Hello everyone,

I am doing my work permit extension online. There is one required documents on my checklist.
"Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered (required)" What does this mean? Which document should I upload to this?

Thanks,

andy000

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2015 :Quebec . 18-11-2016 : Federal
Doc's Request.
26-05-2016 : Birth Certificate (Quebec). RPRF paid Upfront. Australian PCC sent with application.(Federal)
Nomination.....
10-06-2016 : CSQ.
AOR Received.
07-12-2015 : Quebec . 17-02-2017 : Federal.
IELTS Request
Sent With Application.
File Transfer...
17-02-2017.
Med's Request
04-04-2017.
Med's Done....
13-04-2017. Passed : 20-04-2017
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
01-03-2018.
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2018.
LANDED..........
01-05-2018
supercow said:
Hello everyone,

I am doing my work permit extension online. There is one required documents on my checklist.
"Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered (required)" What does this mean? Which document should I upload to this?

Thanks,

I Would say The same file you attached before when you got granted your first work permit. Usually this field are related to regulated professions/licenses, but if you have got credentials Or language test It might help and attach maybe a New letter from The employer.

happylemon

Nov 15, 2016
Hi experts,
I have the same situation (already work in canada almost for one year and need to extend the work permit recently).
In the " Determine your eligibility " part, I have some uncertain options, can anyone help to decide?

1>"Which situation best describes your work situation?" I plan to work as a post doc to do research in a hospital's research center. Should i chose "I am eligible for a work permit through an active pilot project" or " none of above" ?

2>"Do you have a Labour Market Impact Assessment issued by Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)?""
Because i am sure the post doc position is exempt from LMIA and I will have a pdf document named "offer of employment to a foreign national exempt from a LMIA" . SO for this question should I say yes or no?

3> "Do you want to work in one of the following jobs?
health sciences worker
clinical laboratory worker
patient attendant in nursing or geriatric homes
medical student admitted to Canada to attend university
medical elective and physician on short term assignment
teacher of primary or secondary schools or other teachers of small children
domestics worker, someone who gives in-home care to children, the elderly and the disabled
day nursery worker"

I will work in a hospital's research center to do research, i won't directly contact with patients. For this question, do i belong to the first option?For this question, should I say yes or no?

Thanks very much!! :-* :-* :-* ;) ;)

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
happylemon said:
Hi experts,
I have the same situation (already work in canada almost for one year and need to extend the work permit recently).
In the " Determine your eligibility " part, I have some uncertain options, can anyone help to decide?

1>"Which situation best describes your work situation?" I plan to work as a post doc to do research in a hospital's research center. Should i chose "I am eligible for a work permit through an active pilot project" or " none of above" ?

2>"Do you have a Labour Market Impact Assessment issued by Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)?""
Because i am sure the post doc position is exempt from LMIA and I will have a pdf document named "offer of employment to a foreign national exempt from a LMIA" . SO for this question should I say yes or no?

3> "Do you want to work in one of the following jobs?
health sciences worker
clinical laboratory worker
patient attendant in nursing or geriatric homes
medical student admitted to Canada to attend university
medical elective and physician on short term assignment
teacher of primary or secondary schools or other teachers of small children
domestics worker, someone who gives in-home care to children, the elderly and the disabled
day nursery worker"

I will work in a hospital's research center to do research, i won't directly contact with patients. For this question, do i belong to the first option?For this question, should I say yes or no?

Thanks very much!! :-* :-* :-* ;) ;)
LMIA exempt = Do not have an LMIA.

So you answer NO

tt09yq

Nov 16, 2016
Hello,

I was wondering how long this process to get the LMIA-exempt for those of who have gone through the process. also how much did your employer pay and how was the disucssion with your employer conerning getting the work permit