Passport Req..
14-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
Inland
TryingToStay99 said:
Thank you!

- I submitted a paper form. IMM5710E. And the receipt for processing fee. A full copy of my passport and my existing PGWP. I should have included the LMIA-exempt fee payment receipt from my employer but I didn't :/

- When it asked what type of work permit I was applying for (Question 1 on Page 3) I selected "Post Graduation Work Permit".

- I did fill information about my employer (Questions 2-5 on Page 3). For "Duration of expected employment" I selected from "2015-08-17" (which was that day's date) to "2016-08-31". That would be the maximum of four years on a work permit in Canada (because my work permit had begun on 2012-08-31). Of course I can't have a PGWP for more that 3 years, which I knew, but my goal at that time was just to eke out more time on Implied Status.

I wonder why the lawyer said it would be easy to amend? I called CIC to ask about it and I'm on hold now. I'll let you know what they say. UPDATE: The phone representative said it was flat-out not possible. Yikes.
1. If you would have been a provincial nominee and your employer paid $230 fees then you could get close work permit with your same employer
2. You could get BOWP if you would have selected applying for a new work permit or with the same/new employer as you could later email them your AOR. Bcz in case of BOWP, officers do check if applicant has received AOR (passed first stage of PR application) and if an applicant has applied for BOWP without AOR at the time of application then mostly CIC officers approve the application if they see that an applicant has passed first stage of PR application while WP application is in process.

CIC is currently working on July applications and you still have some time. So, may be you can email CIC through case specific enquiry form and request them to change your form (IMM5710) from PGWP to BOWP and email them your AOR(If you don't have one then I just suggest you to wait as there is nothing you can do at this point). They might accept it your request but we cant say anything for sure.

Good luck

PS: Are you from TRV exempt country?

Nov 15, 2015
pretty_girl said:
1. If you would have been a provincial nominee and your employer paid $230 fees then you could get close work permit with your same employer
2. You could get BOWP if you would have selected applying for a new work permit or with the same/new employer as you could later email them your AOR. Bcz in case of BOWP, officers do check if applicant has received AOR (passed first stage of PR application) and if an applicant has applied for BOWP without AOR at the time of application then mostly CIC officers approve the application if they see that an applicant has passed first stage of PR application while WP application is in process.

CIC is currently working on July applications and you still have some time. So, may be you can email CIC through case specific enquiry form and request them to change your form (IMM5710) from PGWP to BOWP and email them your AOR(If you don't have one then I just suggest you to wait as there is nothing you can do at this point). They might accept it your request but we cant say anything for sure.

Good luck

PS: Are you from TRV exempt country?
Hmmm...

1. I'm a provincial nominee through the Ontario Immigrant Nomination Program, which operates through express entry. Can I use that?

2. I do have an AOR! Could I submit a case-specific inquiry and include the AOR and the receipt for the fee that my employer was supposed to pay for an LMIA-exempt work permit?

3. I'm from the USA, which I believe is TRV-exempt.

pretty_girl

Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2015 rec. by CIO
Doc's Request.
PCC - 31-08-2015, Jan 21 2016, March 08 2016
Nomination.....
14-05-2015
AOR Received.
25-08-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted already 2015-06-17
Med's Request
Upfront - October 22nd
Med's Done....
10-22-2015
Passport Req..
14-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
Inland
TryingToStay99 said:
Hmmm...

1. I'm a provincial nominee through the Ontario Immigrant Nomination Program, which operates through express entry. Can I use that?

2. I do have an AOR! Could I submit a case-specific inquiry and include the AOR and the receipt for the fee that my employer was supposed to pay for an LMIA-exempt work permit?

3. I'm from the USA, which I believe is TRV-exempt.
1. If you are a provincial nominee and have a nominee certificate with no employment restriction, then you can apply for BOWP along with AOR and current valid Work permit (you could when you had your PGWP valid) but still request them that send them your AOR and PNP Certificate.

2. You need your employer to submit $230 fees and some forms if you are applying for a work permit extension with the same employer or new employer under LMIA Exempt Category.

3. If your current application gets rejected, then you can apply for a work permit at Border (if you are USA Citizen or Permanent Resident) Take your provincial nominee certificate, employer compliance fees receipt and Job Offer from your employer along with AOR. Since you won't have any trouble entering back to Canada, you can take this risk after you hear back from CIC about your paper application (****Don't leave Canada during your Implied status or till you hear back from CIC and get a decision on your application, otherwise you will lose your implied status and can not work any more)

FYI:My company hired an employee from US in the end of 2014 and he got his close work permit with offer letter only I think (employer compliance fee and job offer were not in force at that time though).

So. just send your AOR, PNP Nomination certificate and Employer compliance Fee receipt and request CIC to attach these to your work permit application. You may also mail a copy to them.

MhamadK

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2013
Med's Request
17-12-2013
Med's Done....
22-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
14-02-2014
Hi everyone,

I need your help with this, I am mainly asking the people who applied after the 26th of October.

I am an intra-company transferee, my work permit will expire on the 14th of February. So I am applying for an extension of this work permit. But CIC have changed something recently, and they are now asking every employer to go through something called (Employer Portal) to submit an Offer of Employment. According to the link below, the employer must submit the offer, and provide me with an ID number, so that I can put it in my application.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/admissibility/specific.asp

However I cannot find where I should put that ID number. The forms that I am supposed to fill out (IMM 5710E, and IMM 5802) are still using the old fields, where they are asking me to provide the Fee Receipt Number. But my employer did not receive a receipt for the $230 payment.

Any help or direction would be appreciated.
Thank you.

pretty_girl

Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2015 rec. by CIO
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
14-05-2015
AOR Received.
25-08-2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Upfront - October 22nd
Med's Done....
10-22-2015
Passport Req..
14-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
Inland
MhamadK said:
Hi everyone,

I need your help with this, I am mainly asking the people who applied after the 26th of October.

I am an intra-company transferee, my work permit will expire on the 14th of February. So I am applying for an extension of this work permit. But CIC have changed something recently, and they are now asking every employer to go through something called (Employer Portal) to submit an Offer of Employment. According to the link below, the employer must submit the offer, and provide me with an ID number, so that I can put it in my application.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/admissibility/specific.asp

However I cannot find where I should put that ID number. The forms that I am supposed to fill out (IMM 5710E, and IMM 5802) are still using the old fields, where they are asking me to provide the Fee Receipt Number. But my employer did not receive a receipt for the $230 payment.

Any help or direction would be appreciated.
Thank you.
If an employer is hiring an employee for the first time under LMIA Exempt program, then you can just leave that option blank on your form. CIC will automatically assign your employer a new number. That's what happened in my case, when I talked CIC representative. See attached links for more information.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5802ETOC.asp

Do share your experience on this thread about LMIA exempt work permit and new employer portal rules so I can be helpful for future applicants.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/employers/hire-how.asp

MhamadK

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2013
Med's Request
17-12-2013
Med's Done....
22-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
14-02-2014
Well, my employer already has me, but this is the first time that we apply for an extension of my Work Permit. He doesnt have an employer ID, and thats fine, we can leave that field empty. But I am really concerned about the "Fee Receipt" field. Under the new (Employer Portal) system, my employer only received an "Offer of Employment ID", after he paid the fees. He did not receive a "Fee receipt" number.

This link says that there will be new fields in the new versions of the forms:

But I cannot find the new forms anywhere, and I am afraid to upload the current form without a fee receipt number, and getting rejected.

pretty_girl

Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2015 rec. by CIO
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
14-05-2015
AOR Received.
25-08-2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Upfront - October 22nd
Med's Done....
10-22-2015
Passport Req..
14-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
Inland
MhamadK said:
Well, my employer already has me, but this is the first time that we apply for an extension of my Work Permit. He doesnt have an employer ID, and thats fine, we can leave that field empty. But I am really concerned about the "Fee Receipt" field. Under the new (Employer Portal) system, my employer only received an "Offer of Employment ID", after he paid the fees. He did not receive a "Fee receipt" number.

This link says that there will be new fields in the new versions of the forms:

But I cannot find the new forms anywhere, and I am afraid to upload the current form without a fee receipt number, and getting rejected.
Your employer would have received an email with the payment receipt if not then you can call CIC and confirm if your employer's ID is good enough for the application since one can only get it after payment has been made through employer portal

or
you can put that Offer ID under Employer ID Number on form 5802 and write a letter to CIC and explain them your situation and submit that letter along with your application.

MhamadK

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2013
Med's Request
17-12-2013
Med's Done....
22-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
14-02-2014
That's what I am thinking too, I think I will end up writing an explanation letter along side my application. I was just curious because it is a new-ish process, and they do mention new forms, but I cannot find them anywhere. I was curious to see if anyone has actually applied through the Employer Portal thing.

Thank you for your help @pretty_girl

Sheena_Singh

May 31, 2012
Hello,

My husband is an LMIA exempt and he is switching employers. He is currently on a closed work permit with his current employer and he wants to change to a new work permit with a new employer.

Could you please guide us how can we apply for the new work permit? Does my husbands company need to have a portal according to this link -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/employers/hire-how.asp to apply for our work permit?

Is it possible to do this at the border? What is the paper work we would need to get the work permit at the border.

Thanks in advance.

lakshmanan

Jan 9, 2013
Halifax
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2016
Nomination.....
24-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-06-2016
Med's Request
27-10-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
Hi am an LMIA exempt applicant, my employer is facing the problems in the new employer portal , and they are not able to get the job id number for my offer, they are facing it for the last one month and don't have any solution for it, when i called the CIC they are telling to report through webmaster after logging into the portal. My permit is expiring next month start. do you guys find any solution please do tell me. so that i can use it for my case.

Thanks

KPCanada

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
lakshmanan said:
Hi am an LMIA exempt applicant, my employer is facing the problems in the new employer portal , and they are not able to get the job id number for my offer, they are facing it for the last one month and don't have any solution for it, when i called the CIC they are telling to report through webmaster after logging into the portal. My permit is expiring next month start. do you guys find any solution please do tell me. so that i can use it for my case.

Thanks

I have exactly the same problem, please help!!!'

Sheena_Singh

May 31, 2012
Firstly husband and I had submitted our work permit extension on July 31st and we received our new work permit last week. Thanks to the forum.

Some clarification needed- My husband is on a closed work permit and I am on an open work permit that is valid till 2017 now. However, my husband lost his job and will be leaving the company in January.
Will my open work permit still be valid post January even if he loses his job? Also I am requesting my employer to file a closed work permit for me, but since it will take a long time ~100 + days... Is there a faster way to do this? Can I do this at the border?
We may have to make some urgent travel before our new work permits arrive through my employer? With a valid work permit but lose job scenario, can we still enter the country?
Lastly, if we get an AOR in the meantime can I convert the Closed work permit application to BOWP?

Thanks in advance.

Sep 14, 2015
Hi pretty_girl,

I have been nominated under the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program, and I am applying for a extension of my current work permit (open work permit). My employer has paid the compliance fee and has submitted the offer of employment through the new Employer Portal. So basically I have:

- PNP Letter
- PNP Work permit support letter
- Employer compliance fee paid
- Offer of Employment submitted (I informed the Offer of Employment ID - LMIA Exempt under the form IMM5710E)

Under the question " What type of work permit are you applying for" I have answered "Exemption from Labour Market Impact Assessment"

And I would like to know how to answer the first question: Should I apply for a "A work permit with the same employer" or "work permit with a new employer"

I would appreciate if you could help me! Thank you very much!

pretty_girl

Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2015 rec. by CIO
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
14-05-2015
AOR Received.
25-08-2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Upfront - October 22nd
Med's Done....
10-22-2015
Passport Req..
14-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
Inland
tarsio.alvares said:
Hi pretty_girl,

I have been nominated under the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program, and I am applying for a extension of my current work permit (open work permit). My employer has paid the compliance fee and has submitted the offer of employment through the new Employer Portal. So basically I have:

- PNP Letter
- PNP Work permit support letter
- Employer compliance fee paid
- Offer of Employment submitted (I informed the Offer of Employment ID - LMIA Exempt under the form IMM5710E)

Under the question " What type of work permit are you applying for" I have answered "Exemption from Labour Market Impact Assessment"

And I would like to know how to answer the first question: Should I apply for a "A work permit with the same employer" or "work permit with a new employer"

I would appreciate if you could help me! Thank you very much!

First of all congrats for your PNP approval.

here is the answers to your questions:

1. Yes, your work permit is under LMIA exempt category.
2. It will be "work permit with the same employer".

When is your current work permit expiring?

You may already know that you will get a close work permit unless you have applied for PR application and received AOR.