+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA Application

HareGuu

Apr 9, 2019
Hello,

I am filling out an LMIA application for my client.
My client is hoping to hire a foreign worker through LMIA (low-wage).
The foreign worker is already living in Canada, has a place that she has been living in, not far from the work place at all.
In this case, what should I put on Section 9: Accommodation on the application form?
If the employer is not going to provide accommodations or assist for accommodations, would it affect negatively on the LMIA approval process?

Also, my client is hoping to get a 2-year LMIA approval if possible.
Is it common that they give a 2-year approval for a low-wage position?
My client's business is located in south west Ontario, and the position is retail supervisor.

I look forward to advice and tips from experienced immigration consultants.
Thank you in advance.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Hello,

The foreign worker is already living in Canada, has a place that she has been living in, not far from the work place at all.
In this case, what should I put on Section 9: Accommodation on the application form?
If the employer is not going to provide accommodations or assist for accommodations, would it affect negatively on the LMIA approval process?

My client's business is located in south west Ontario, and the position is retail supervisor.

Thank you in advance.
Are you an immigration consultant? None of us here are unless they specifically identify themselves. If you're advising on immigration matters, I hope you are ICCRC licensed or are a lawyer.

HareGuu

Apr 9, 2019
Are you an immigration consultant? None of us here are unless they specifically identify themselves. If you're advising on immigration matters, I hope you are ICCRC licensed or are a lawyer.
Yes, I am a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

Thank you in advance.
Tell your client to come here and ask for free instead of paying you to do a job you don't know.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Yes, I am a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant.
I'm sorry. As I'm sure you're aware, it is illegal for me to provide immigration consulting to a fee paying client.

(I also generally do not like to do work for consultants if I'm not compensated for my time)