+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

reyban

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
does anybody waiting LMIA for BC and have some informations why is taking so long
I am waiting from 8.April till now with no news from employer almost 4 months
high wage noc 7231
British Columbia

IrishinVan

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zazen said:
@ IrishVan

So sorry to hear that. Just cant fathom why would it take 6 months to come up with those rejection points! I believe in your case it's the first point that resulted in rejection, the rest were 'filler' points. Did you use a consultant or a lawyer to draft your application? Also you mentioned about the cap, does that mean your employer has applied for LMIA before?
@zazen

Hi, thanks for your support. Yes you are probably right about that. We didn't use a consultant, I filled in the forms myself and my employer reviewed them. I thought I had researched everything pretty thoroughly but obviously not. They have had positive LMIA before, maybe 5 years ago though. I believe they just asked her for the specific time range that she used for the 4 week calculation, and then they were happy and moved to the next phase. Not sure why they needed that. Probably because our office does so much OT they wanted to make sure the high hours were accurate.
My employer has agreed to submit an LMIA again with a higher wage, specific duties, lower qualification, etc. This time a consultant will review the forms for us and I will apply for PNP also. Fingers crossed. I'm not very hopeful but need to stay here.
Good luck to you, I hope you get a better result!

Kiki10

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-09-2015
Hi,

LMIA dual intent ,skilled trades, high wage

LMIA application sent- July 13
LMIA application received (as per letter)- July 16
Positive LMIA received by fax- July 23 (late in the evening)

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
Kiki10 said:
Hi,

LMIA dual intent ,skilled trades, high wage

LMIA application sent- July 13
LMIA application received (as per letter)- July 16
Positive LMIA received by fax- July 23 (late in the evening)
Wow. i think thats the quickest one i've ever seen.

Please share your NOC and Province.

Kiki10

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-09-2015
NOC 7271 Alberta, Edmonton office

Aneam

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
;D tonight we have received LMIA Approval!!!!!

NOC 7321 Automotive Service Tech Edmonton Alberta
Dual Intent
Submitted September 18th 2014!
Accepted today 24th July 2015

We were beginning to give up! Please hang in guys it's a long hard wait!

Eek on to the next step! Few sleepless nights ahead!

reyban

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
does anybody waiting LMIA for BC and have some informations why is taking so long
high wage noc 7321 Automotive Service Technicians
British Columbia

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
reyban said:
high wage noc 7321 Automotive Service Technicians
British Columbia
All depends on province. I have found over time that people on these message boards wait the longest if they are from BC or Ontario.

Stjohns and Alberta/Edmonton seems to be pretty quick

Cter

Mar 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: LMIA application - ON

HMJ said:
Here's my timeline

Toronto, Ontario
NOC - 2174
Applied - Jan 30th, 2015
Waiting.....

Please share yours
The same NOC, the same province
Applied Sep 2014. Waiting as well

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
Hi all some of you know me others don't so hi to all.

So after my future employer got rid of there original immigration recruitment consultants and have got another company on the case things have been happening. Basically first company was crap and messed up everything when it came to the new LMIA system.

Now after doing all the right paperwork extensive advertising and recruiting the LMIA application was submitted on the 10th July. The advertisements went on Job Bank and other agencies on 22nd April they had 16 applicants apply. The agency then attempted to contact each applicant a minimum of 3 times before applying for LMIA this way they can prove they have done all they can recruit from within Canada.

So finally we are on the waiting for the Dual Intent LMIA answer. For those of you who dont know my history I was offered the Job on the 5th August 2014 so I have been waiting 1 year for my LMIA just to be applied for as the first company messed everything up.

The new company they are using have good results in getting positive LMIA so fingers crossed.

On you tube I have come across this immigration consultant Matthew Iwama is great at explaining everything, you can also ask him questions hes great to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3H6NioWUb0