Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Is there anyone here applied under the caregiver program? When did your employer submit the apllication? Or any of you received a LMiA already? Thabks

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
My job has been on Job bank and other sites for 2 months. After The minimum 4 weeks they have been getting all the correct info together. Including how many applied and the reason why they were not hired. The hold up is 16 canadians/PR applied for the job now my company has to contact them a minimum of 3 times so they can prove they have done all they can to hire a local before a TFW. This is what they have to do now as on the application they have to list each applicant and why they were not hired. Its so frustrating all these new rules.

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
what the heck? to contact each candidate at least 3 times?
is that being stated anywhere on official website?

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
They are using acompany that does all the work in the application. This is why its better to use a company that understands the process and have contact with esdc. Its all the unwritten rules on websites. I can see why people get refused for not doing enough to employ a canadian if they havent persued the applicants to esdc satisfaction.
Yes it is excessive but i can see why.
The company has a good result in getting positive lmia so they must know qhat they are doing.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
Sunshinegirl_X said:
They are using acompany that does all the work in the application. This is why its better to use a company that understands the process and have contact with esdc. Its all the unwritten rules on websites. I can see why people get refused for not doing enough to employ a canadian if they havent persued the applicants to esdc satisfaction.
Yes it is excessive but i can see why.
The company has a good result in getting positive lmia so they must know qhat they are doing.
Well since the process changed recently everyone's getting up to speed. I think this consulting company has come up with a strategy to show that each company has really tried to recruit Canadians but I don't think its an ESDC rule written or otherwise. I believe the three attempts is their approach and certainly by no means required. I've neither seen nor read anything elsewhere to support this. Anyways good luck. I know youve been waiting ages.

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
ButterflyChemist said:
Well since the process changed recently everyone's getting up to speed. I think this consulting company has come up with a strategy to show that each company has really tried to recruit Canadians but I don't think its an ESDC rule written or otherwise. I believe the three attempts is their approach and certainly by no means required. I've neither seen nor read anything elsewhere to support this. Anyways good luck. I know youve been waiting ages.
Yeah i think your right butterflychemist. If it works im not going to argue with them. Yes i have been waiting for it seems an eternity.

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
Always best to use someone, i agree with you there. Service Canada can be sneaky and if you have someone that knows what they are talking about, they can counter-attack!

anti_maniac

Star Member
Jun 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi,
i have a question, my company has applied for an LMIA (i work for them in a different country). I am already three months into processing and lately my company's HR person told me that the company is being audited so the processing for ongoing applications is on hold.
The person has in general been very opaque in sharing any info. Has any one on forum any knowledge on what these audits can mean and how long these can take in ballpark...(weeks/months/more). I need to get a better understanding and choose other opportunities than this canadian option if the timing is completely undefined. As now this uncertainity has started to tax my professional and personal life. So any input is appreciated ( i am in high wage category. And initially was told i would get an answer in 10 days :( )

cheers

JHGelbolingo

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver Nominee Office - Inside Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2014
Nomination.....
07-10-2015
AOR Received.
27-10-2014
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Maaftgbkum said:
Can anyone tell me . I have applied for visitor visa because I am waiting for my lmia result and immigration charged me $ 200 and I am confused I heard from someone I need to pay for the restoration temporary status fees also?
Hi,

I just want to ask questions about Proof of Means of Financial Support for changing the status from work permit to visitors visa for Restoration of Status..I am waiting for my nomination from BC Express Entry PNP.. What documents did you provide for the proof of funds? did you provide your pay stub from your current job, even though you are no longer working since you stop when work permit expire? how about your bank statement? employment letter from your company? how much funds is advisable to provide? does friends or relative can provide letter of support for financial, so no need to provide funds from the bank? and what did you explain on your letter on what is your reason for restoring your status or your reason why you waited your status to expire?

I need some clarification on this...You can PM me..

basstuk

Star Member
Jan 27, 2014
Hello Everyone

I don´t know if here is the correct post to ask my question sorry. My employer sent the application with the LMIA positive to get new work permit on May 15. Now, I am in implied status. I am working in AB in NOC 7246.

When is possible to get it?

Thank you so much,

pparisa

Mar 25, 2015
Hi everyone,

How do you get LMIA? I mean do you need to get it before you start working or can you get it while working or after stopped working and gained your necessary experience for PR?

Thanks

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
basstuk said:
Hello Everyone

I don´t know if here is the correct post to ask my question sorry. My employer sent the application with the LMIA positive to get new work permit on May 15. Now, I am in implied status. I am working in AB in NOC 7246.

When is possible to get it?

Thank you so much,
Which office is processing your work permit application? This will help you determine how long it will take. (Assuming I've understood your question & you already have an approved LMIA?)

dh5689

Aug 20, 2014
Hey guys can you pls help me out...i'm temporary foreign worker and my employer apply supervisor LMIA and he is saying i can be eligible for EE after getting supervisor work permit.. is it true??..as i don't have skilled experience..just holding LMIA, does it allow me for EE??..

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dh5689 said:
Hey guys can you pls help me out...i'm temporary foreign worker and my employer apply supervisor LMIA and he is saying i can be eligible for EE after getting supervisor work permit.. is it true??..as i don't have skilled experience..just holding LMIA, does it allow me for EE??..
If the job as supervisor is NOC level 0, A, or B, after you have gained 12 months experience at this level, you will then be able to apply via Express Entry (provided you meet all other requirements, of course!).