+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
prashanthbv said:
http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/higher_skilled/permanent/index.shtml

Check this
Thanks prashanthbv!

I think what I need is:

The positive LMIA letter supports both the skilled worker’s application to CIC for a:

permanent resident visa under the FSWP, FSTP and CEC
work permit, if the employers wishes the foreign worker to start working while waiting for the outcome of the application for the permanent resident visa.

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
anarsoul said:
Thanks prashanthbv!

I think what I need is:
Great. Good luck dude

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
prashanthbv said:
If they have mentioned that in the transition plan also paid the 1000$ fees, it is a DUal Intent LMIA
there is no transition plan jn dual intent lmia

Sunshinegirl_X

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/07/2015
saracunity said:
Hi Aneam,

This is through a consultancy and still I haven't had touch with my employer. I not seen my offer letter and still now I never had a word with my employer. I spoken regarding this to my consultancy authority and he said "you paid money for LMIA application which was not paid by employer. Employer will be in touch with you once you get a positive LMIA". This is reasonable because i paid an amount for LMIA processing!!!

Iam not sure about that file number. Once i was asking that to my consultant and i remember he said those application are done by company HR people to CSC and its really hard to have a conversation with those HR people....
I have copied this direct from ESDC website

Processing Fee
Employers must pay $1,000 for each position requested (e.g. $1,000 x number of positions=total payment) to cover the cost of processing a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) application.

The processing fee payment (in Canadian dollars) can be made by:
certified cheque (payable to the Receiver General for Canada)
money order (postal or bank)
Visa
MasterCard
American Express
There will be no refund in the event of a negative LMIA, or if the application is withdrawn or cancelled by the employer since the fee covers the assessment process and not the outcome.
Employers requesting to have their LMIA application reconsidered, as a result of a negative LMIA, must submit a new application and processing fee for each position.
Refunds will only be available if a fee was collected in error (e.g. an incorrect fee amount was processed).

Employers must be aware that Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC), has a policy that prohibits employers and third-party representatives from recovering the LMIA processing fee from TFWs.

It is illegal for them to ask you to pay for LMIA

Here is the link explaining the process for low wage stream LMIA where I copied the above statement from

http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/high_low_wage/low_wage/index.shtml#

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
johnny123 said:
The approved LMIA i have is a Dual Intent one. And Service Canada asked us to resend a detailed transition plan. And then it got approved

Aneam

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
prashanthbv said:
The approved LMIA i have is a Dual Intent one. And Service Canada asked us to resend a detailed transition plan. And then it got approved
We too have had to submit a transition plan for our Dual Intent LMIA which states in it how the company will assist us with applying for PR.

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
johnny123 said:
Not necessarily. See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/hire/offers.asp

For those who's already holding a work permit:

If you have a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment for an employee holding a temporary work permit to whom you wish to extend a permanent job offer, the LMIA may still be valid under Express Entry
Basically it says nothing about transition plan.

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
Just to clarify what I wanted to say:

So-called Dual Intent LMIA refers to http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/higher_skilled/permanent/index.shtml Hiring Skilled Workers and Supporting their Permanent Residence, LMIA Application Form (EMP5593).

In the form itself, the one should tick box 1 or box 2, under "Purpose of application".

"permanent resident visa application (this means you will hire the foreign national only after their immigration application is processed and the
permanent resident visa is issued). This option does not have a processing fee.
OR
work permit application and permanent resident visa application (this means you will hire the foreign national as a temporary foreign worker before or
while their permanent residence application being processed). This option requires paying a processing fee."

The second box is dual intent. As you can see from the checklist on the link above, there is no transition plan. Why? Because the employer is already doing one activity to transit to the Canadian workforce by supporting PR application.

If the employer wants to employ a foreign worker temporarily, the one should submit http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/high_low_wage/high_wage/index.shtml LMIA Application Form (EMP5602).

In that case, the employer needs to submit transition plan as well.

At the bottom line, BOTH LMIAs will give you 600 extra points for EE, and can be used to help obtain PR.

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johnny123 said:
Just to clarify what I wanted to say:

So-called Dual Intent LMIA refers to http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/higher_skilled/permanent/index.shtml Hiring Skilled Workers and Supporting their Permanent Residence, LMIA Application Form (EMP5593).

In the form itself, the one should tick box 1 or box 2, under "Purpose of application".

"permanent resident visa application (this means you will hire the foreign national only after their immigration application is processed and the
permanent resident visa is issued). This option does not have a processing fee.
OR
work permit application and permanent resident visa application (this means you will hire the foreign national as a temporary foreign worker before or
while their permanent residence application being processed). This option requires paying a processing fee."

The second box is dual intent. As you can see from the checklist on the link above, there is no transition plan. Why? Because the employer is already doing one activity to transit to the Canadian workforce by supporting PR application.

If the employer wants to employ a foreign worker temporarily, the one should submit http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/high_low_wage/high_wage/index.shtml LMIA Application Form (EMP5602).

In that case, the employer needs to submit transition plan as well.

At the bottom line, BOTH LMIAs will give you 600 extra points for EE, and can be used to help obtain PR.
Thank you Johnny for clarifying this. My employer has applied for the third option:

How can my employer support my PR application with the above application? My job is high skilled. Food Service Supervisor (6311) I am currently waiting for the LMIA outside Canada.

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
fastfood said:
Thank you Johnny for clarifying this. My employer has applied for the third option:

How can my employer support my PR application with the above application? My job is high skilled. Food Service Supervisor (6311) I am currently waiting for the LMIA outside Canada.
With the transition plan of course, and choosing the last activity where he explains how s/he intends to support your PR. There is not much to think about it, when your LMIA gets approved you can apply for EE (if you are eligible to do so) and get 600 bonus points.

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
johnny123 said:
With the transition plan of course, and choosing the last activity where he explains how s/he intends to support your PR. There is not much to think about it, when your LMIA gets approved you can apply for EE (if you are eligible to do so) and get 600 bonus points.
Our of curiosity, will CIC call my employer if I apply for EE with a LMIA letter?

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Who can apply dual intent LMIA? whose PR application is already in process, or anybody who will apply for PR in the future?

saracunity

Feb 2, 2015
Aneam said:
Hi,
I am sorry to say your LMIA sounds a bit dodgy to me especially as you have paid it! Maybe there is someone else who could also advise you regarding this as to me it all seems as if you have been scammed - I sincerley hope I am wrong for your sake. Our process started with my husband submitting his CV to a Motor Trade Recruitment Agency who were looking for Automotive Technicians (NOC 7321) for Canada, once they were happy with his credentials they then passed his CV on to the employer who then interviewed him and offered him a postion. This was in August 2014. The company have applied for the LMIA and paid for it (not the recruitment agency). We are not required to pay anything, the only thing we have paid for is to have his work experience and certificates assessed by Alberta Trade. We will also pay for police checks etc. However the company will also be giving us a signing bonus which will help towards the costs of relocating. Our LMIA was submitted on September 18th 2014 - it's a dual intent LMIA. We have been told that the company have put a lot of work into the LMIA (1st one they have done) and that we should here very soon. How long that is is anyone's guess. Good luck with your application I really hope it's good news.

Hi Aneam,
Thanks for writing. Yes he sounds like scam. Its almost 9 months now he doesn't gave me a proper information about anything. He not gave a LMO application number, salary details, Location details etc...
Every time i call him he say something to convince me and he say the process is running and we are expecting a LMO soon.
Today I will speak to him and post his response here

runaway982

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Just one quick question. If an employer wants to submit application for LMIA, does he need to provide some information for me?
And if yes in what stage?

Thanks in advance!

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
runaway982 said:
Just one quick question. If an employer wants to submit application for LMIA, does he need to provide some information for me?
And if yes in what stage?

Thanks in advance!
From my own experience your name and nationality are required. The information can be submitted at the start of the process or the name can be added after approval.