Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
Update- Employer called service canada today and they were not able to locate my file in the system as the file number changed. They said they will call back my boss in three business days. I am so speechless and frustrated

britinvancouver

Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-07-2015
Passport Req..
22-09-2015
LANDED..........
07-10-2015
prashanthbv said:
Update- Employer called service canada today and they were not able to locate my file in the system as the file number changed. They said they will call back my boss in three business days. I am so speechless and frustrated
What? Why on earth would they change the file number? So strange! Fingers crossed for you.

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
britinvancouver said:
What? Why on earth would they change the file number? So strange! Fingers crossed for you.
Have no F&#ng Idea. It took them 40 mins to figure that out

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
britinvancouver said:
The file number letter we received had the Vancouver office on there. The officer works out of Edmonton for the Western Region. Poor guy probably has loads of applicants to deal with.
Damn... ???

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
prashanthbv said:
Double damn... :eek:

Tubilai

Sep 18, 2013
Hello fellow carpenter. Sent you a PM.

Good luck!

Dan_TB said:
First application

NOC: 7271
Province: Ontario
Application sent: January 31, 2014
Follow up date(s): N/A
End date: 8 weeks later
Result: Negative :eek:

Second application

NOC: 7272
Province: Ontario
Application sent: November 10
Follow up date(s): November 17, employer called SC for file number
File number: November 19
End date: SC said 8-9 weeks
Result: ...................

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prashanthbv said:
Have no F&#ng Idea. It took them 40 mins to figure that out
The same thing is going on with my friend but not during LMIA but during work permit application. CIC sent him a letter saying that could not locate the LMIA number in their computer. If he dont reply by 2nd Dec his visa may decline.

He emailed HRSDC they never replied. His Boss emailed HRSDC, they didn't responded yet. He is afraid now that his visa may decline..Not sure what to do..

kik4

Sep 20, 2014
calgarypr said:
Did they say why it got rejected, putting ad on Job Bank is free I believe so the companies should watch all the time on those ads because if they are not constant on job bank it is a reason for rejection.
Reason for refusing my LMIA application was recent changes on advertisements minimum that was retroactively applied on our application. Postal code, business and work address and more detailed benefit package was the reason for rejection.
Everyone keep an eye on that, because in August, September and October my advertisement was correct.

My lawyer is really angry at their recent politics and the reason for so many rejections is that Service Canada officers are currently operating based on fear from media and they have orders from minister not to allow any cases that are unclear to be approved.

My company will go with re-advertising with included all this details they are asking, we will add one more source to advertising just not to make any mistake in future, and through updated transition plan they will add that they recently hired Canadian with no experience whatsoever in the same position where they are asking for LMIA for me with 7 years of experience.Hopefully after another 2-3 months they will approve it if something else don't cross with my application again.

I do not underestimate any kind of job, but it's kind of ridiculous that they are approving LMIA-s for fast food attendants, housekeepers, front desk clerks etc. but not for my skilled, experienced oil/gas industry position. I am really disappointed :(

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
kik4 said:
Reason for refusing my LMIA application was recent changes on advertisements minimum that was retroactively applied on our application. Postal code, business and work address and more detailed benefit package was the reason for rejection.
Everyone keep an eye on that, because in August, September and October my advertisement was correct.

My lawyer is really angry at their recent politics and the reason for so many rejections is that Service Canada officers are currently operating based on fear from media and they have orders from minister not to allow any cases that are unclear to be approved.

My company will go with re-advertising with included all this details they are asking, we will add one more source to advertising just not to make any mistake in future, and through updated transition plan they will add that they recently hired Canadian with no experience whatsoever in the same position where they are asking for LMIA for me with 7 years of experience.Hopefully after another 2-3 months they will approve it if something else don't cross with my application again.

I do not underestimate any kind of job, but it's kind of ridiculous that they are approving LMIA-s for fast food attendants, housekeepers, front desk clerks etc. but not for my skilled, experienced oil/gas industry position. I am really disappointed :(
I'm not sure that saying they applied a Canadian with no experience for the same position helps your case. That might actually work against you and if I were the SC agent I would say then why not hire another Canadian with no experience for your job? Maybe I'm missing something. As for the approval of other LMIAs, the job has nothing to do with it. If you follow the guidelines and meet the requirements your LMIA should be approved regardless of skill level.

kik4

Sep 20, 2014
ButterflyChemist said:
I'm not sure that saying they applied a Canadian with no experience for the same position helps your case. That might actually work against you and if I were the SC agent I would say then why not hire another Canadian with no experience for your job? Maybe I'm missing something. As for the approval of other LMIAs, the job has nothing to do with it. If you follow the guidelines and meet the requirements your LMIA should be approved regardless of skill level.
in transition plan it is clearly stated that they will train and hire canadians with no experience in the future, what they are already doing, and that they will sponsorship my permanent residency. Maybe I am stupid but, I don't get their logic why it's wrong to mention that in plan.
And about advertisement, we did everything correct and my lawyer got many approved lmo/lmia with same ad as ours but they made millionth change in last minute and that affected us:(

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
prashanthbv said:
No comment...

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
kik4 said:
in transition plan it is clearly stated that they will train and hire canadians with no experience in the future, what they are already doing, and that they will sponsorship my permanent residency. Maybe I am stupid but, I don't get their logic why it's wrong to mention that in plan.
And about advertisement, we did everything correct and my lawyer got many approved lmo/lmia with same ad as ours but they made millionth change in last minute and that affected us:(
I thought the transition plan related to the employee ( above median wage) i.e you. Them sponsoring your residency will transition you from TFW to PR which is fine. Training Canadians to do the job relates to the company and addresses the reliance of the company on TFWs. I don't know how many foreign workers your company has but I think this applies to companies who have a significant number of the TFWs in their workforce not one or two, unless the company has only a handful of employees.

I really don't get the "I guess I m stupid comment" because I said no such thing and was just putting forward the idea. We know SC agents are strange creatures and if they are hiring people with no experience to do the job why do they need you? Are you the one doing the training? " That's kind of what I was thinking and I think maybe some SC agent could use that to reject you. That's all I was saying. Its a thought and not a criticism.

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fswaspirant said:
NOC - 2171
Province - British Columbia
Applied end of august
My lawyer told last week that lmia has been approved
Congratulations bro,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:))))))) Burahhhh..

Does your employer need to add your name in LMIA or is it mandatory to have it added prior for LMIA ?