+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

paulinkaja

Feb 6, 2017
TomasX90 said:
I know buddy. I've been there too and had to wait for a very long time. But you're gonna (you employer) get a call one day and just be ready to nail all the arguments they'll have. And you should be good to go! GL

Our employer was interviewed today and asked to clarify few details , like name on the passport etc. Does that mean that decision is coming soon?

Alex0924

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
kalpan said:
Call SC and explain your situation by providing ur positive LMIA number and follow the steps what they are going to explain to you in order to get a copy!
Hi my situation may fit what you suggest. I applied wp extension with pending lmia(previous employer) before my pgwp expired. While I were waiting for new wp my lmia was rejected but my agent help me got another approved lmia. Now I update my lmia for my wp extension application. The problem is I still dont receive my lmia they said will send back in 2 weeks. How I contact Canada service to get my lmia expire date? Thx!

MR242013

Dec 2, 2016
Anyone here has applied for lmia in middle of February and waiting for result? Pl share. I have applied for lmia on 15th February and waiting for result.

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
MR242013 said:
Anyone here has applied for lmia in middle of February and waiting for result? Pl share. I have applied for lmia on 15th February and waiting for result.
Hi, I got mine y' day.
Here are the timelines:

Application sent: 18th jan
File number: 26th jan
LMIA received: March 1st
NOC: 2174.

Dec 14, 2016
Hi!

I'm in Toronto with a woking holiday visa, getting together all the paper to apply to EE and preparing to apply to LMIA with my company.
We have posted the job offer in 4 sites, one of theme job bank, but we only got 5 applications, 4 of them from outside Canada.
I'm not sure if this is a good fact or not, the offer is for android developer.
We don't know if would be better to wait more until we have more applicants or not.

Anyone is or have been in a similar situation?

Dec 20, 2016
My LMIA Timeline:

Date of application: 9th Sep, 2016
Interview: 30th Jan,2017 asking for additional document and document were sent by email in the same day.
Approved: 10th Feb,2017

NOC 6222- Merchandiser
Wage $20/H
Ontario St. John office

22nd Feb, 2017 Received Express Entry ITA. :)

Good luck to everyone!

Champ.90

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-06-2017
AOR Received.
12-06-2017
Passport Req..
25-09-2017
Need urgent help !!

Hi Floks! I hope you're doing well. Well I am planning to create express entry profile.
My employer got positive lmia and I've get around 470 points. My question is related language requirements. My current noc code is B and under noc B minimum cbl level is 5. But before this job I was working under noc A and in noc A we need cbl 7. My current celpip score is match with noc B. Unfortunately I get cbl 6 in reading section. Is it ok if I put this result on my express entry profile?? Or they'll consider my previous job also ??
I hope I'll get proper answer. Thanks

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
Champ.90 said:
Need urgent help !!

Hi Floks! I hope you're doing well. Well I am planning to create express entry profile.
My employer got positive lmia and I've get around 470 points. My question is related language requirements. My current noc code is B and under noc B minimum cbl level is 5. But before this job I was working under noc A and in noc A we need cbl 7. My current celpip score is match with noc B. Unfortunately I get cbl 6 in reading section. Is it ok if I put this result on my express entry profile?? Or they'll consider my previous job also ??
I hope I'll get proper answer. Thanks
You are only eligible for CEC class not FSW as your current job is NOC B. And one more thing, you should have solid one year in NOC B( 1560 hours won't help) to apply under CEC. For FSW, you need CLB 7 though you have 67 points and NOC B job.
Hope you got answers.

paulinkaja

Feb 6, 2017
Hello everyone!
Positive LMIA
NOC code 2253
Applied for dual intent - st.John office.

1st of November 2016 LMIA posted
21st of November 2016 acknowledgment letter
24th of February 2017 -employer was interviewed
7th of March , positive LMIA received.

One way tickets booked for 21st of March :)

Take care and thanks for posting your timelines, they were very helpful :)

Rimplegill29

Jul 30, 2016
Hey guys
Please help me
My lmia expire on 12th april 2017 but I didn't get passport request yet.I applied through the express entry as federal skilled worker and submit my application on 25th January 2017. My question is the lmia vaild until the passport request or only when you apply for permanent residence?

kagopala

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
My status in Canada is work permit (LMIA exempt ICT) which is expiring by 30th May 2017. My employer cannot renew my work permit as I completed the cumulative work permit extension.
My spouse is on open work permit which also expires by May 2017

We both have applied for Express Entry PR application and received ITA. We need to submit all the required documents including the Medical exam by May 24th 2017

My wife is pregnant (thanks to God) and we are in a situation where she cannot proceed with her medical x-ray. I hear that CIC will keep our PR application on hold until the due date. But my question is there any possibility to stay back in Canada after our Work permit expiry? (May 30th 2017)
Initially we thought to get the AOR and apply for bridge open work permit

Please advice
Thanks

MR242013

Dec 2, 2016
MR242013 said:
[/quote

I applied on 15th february, got file no on 2nd March, Interview call on 3rd March, officer requested document, submitted on 7th March, 9the March Verified with officer that document has received. Now Waiting for answer. Can anyone tell when we should received Lmia? Does interview call to employer means positive Lmia?

klein

Oct 6, 2009
I'm also waiting for LMIA from Toronto.

Employer submitted application in January. They were contacted by ESDC a few weeks ago for further documents, but still waiting for the application to be approved. Employer expects it to be done by end of March, but this only really leaves this week or next :S Gaaaaahhhh I can't wait anymore!!

shanli

Feb 14, 2017
waiting for LMIA too in Toronto. Anyone have a good new?
I received the confirmation letter on Feb 24, and say it will delay as the high volume. My visitor record will expired at the beginning of May, and I am not sure if I can renew my VR again. (Worrying.....)