+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

alekspara

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
That Sucks....
My application was sent at the end of December at Vancouver center and I don't have any news either.
We have also called a couple of times in the last 2 months but the application is still processing...
It's frustrating that they can't give any information and we just have to wait..
Hopefully we are both close...

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SarahNicole and Alekspara..May I know which LMIA your employer has applied for? I am also in limbo since more than one year and SC is just replying my employer stating it is in process and they should hear from them within few weeks. But nothing yet. My LMIA is to only support Work permit. Now me and my employer come up with agreement to apply for a new Dual Intent LMIA which we believe may be faster compare to lmia just to support WP.

We are also hiring a lawyer this time. We dont have lawyer for the ongoing application. Do you have laywer for your application?

But dont worry, just keep some patience, sometime it makes us to doubt our employer but nothing really in their hands and they are as frustrated as we are.

negative

Nov 2, 2015
LinaD said:
Congratulation

Me too I am not from visa exampt countrys, i need to apply for visa but first i am preparing work permit documents, what about you? Are you too applying first for work permit? Than for visa to enter in Canada
Hi thanks,
I am getting prepared for work permit application for me and my wife. I don't think we need to apply for the visitor visa. Below you can find the quote from the web site. According to it, when you get the work permit, they will also stick a visitor visa to your passport at the same time.

"Passport and entry into Canada

To work in Canada, you must meet the requirements for a work permit. You may also need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or a visitor visa, depending on your nationality. The eTA or visa will be issued at the same time as your work permit. You do not need to make a separate application or pay an additional fee."

alekspara

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Hello Fastfood,
My employer filed an LMIA application to only support a work permit.
Also we have hired a lawyer from the beginning of the process so we're following his instructions as it's a complicated procedure and we needed guidance.
Patience is the key here but the problem is that Service Canada isn't able to give valid timelines as the 8-10 weeks that they say isn't really happening.
It's normal for the employers to be frustrated too as despite the cost of this procedure, the delay is also costing them money when the worker is waiting the paperwork to start working.
As you said there's nothing we can do at this point, just wait...

jaydipdave

Star Member
Mar 9, 2016
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2016
Doc's Request.
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
19-02-2016
IELTS Request
03-03-2016
File Transfer...
04-03-2016
Med's Done....
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
17-08-2016
Hi Guys,

One quick question:

1. I received my AOR on 19th Feb.
2. Applied for BOWP on 25th (Paper application)
3. Currently on closed work permit, another employer has received LMIA for me. Yet to apply for Work Permit.

Can I do flag-poling and obtain a new work permit (or change my existing condition) to change my employer?

I called CIC: and the guy said, there are chances to get a new work permit but it is always a risk.

Thanks.

LinaD

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
negative said:
Hi thanks,
I am getting prepared for work permit application for me and my wife. I don't think we need to apply for the visitor visa. Below you can find the quote from the web site. According to it, when you get the work permit, they will also stick a visitor visa to your passport at the same time.

"Passport and entry into Canada

To work in Canada, you must meet the requirements for a work permit. You may also need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or a visitor visa, depending on your nationality. The eTA or visa will be issued at the same time as your work permit. You do not need to make a separate application or pay an additional fee."
Thank you very much for information, it helps me a lot I thought after geting work permit I need to apply for visa.
Thank again

Riebee

Jun 16, 2014
Hi,

My husband and I are currently in Canada, I have a study permit and my husband has an open work permit. My husband has a job offer, he has been working for the company since July 2015 (NOC 2175). The company have offered to help us to become residents and applied for LMIA, the application was returned because there was errors with the form. I have a couple of questions...

1. should we be applying for dual intent? If so is there a different form to fill in, I have added a link to the form that was completed the first time.
file:///C:/Users/marie/Downloads/esdc-emp5602(2015-06-002)e%20(4).pdf

2. The email from SC said that the employer needed to fill in an Employer Transition Plan, reading through this form it seems that they only need to fill in Activity #5, is this correct?

3. How is the high wage calculated? I understand that it is the top 10% within your province but where do you find the information for this?

Thank you
Riebee :)

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alekspara said:
Hello Fastfood,
My employer filed an LMIA application to only support a work permit.
Also we have hired a lawyer from the beginning of the process so we're following his instructions as it's a complicated procedure and we needed guidance.
Patience is the key here but the problem is that Service Canada isn't able to give valid timelines as the 8-10 weeks that they say isn't really happening.
It's normal for the employers to be frustrated too as despite the cost of this procedure, the delay is also costing them money when the worker is waiting the paperwork to start working.
As you said there's nothing we can do at this point, just wait...
Even my employer nearly lost hope for the LMIA which we have applied just to support WP. Now, we are in the process to file another application for Dual Intent and hoping to hear something within 4-5 months. Why dont you convince your employer to apply for Dual intent and you pay for the fee if he doesn't agree. I guess Dual intent is surely faster than the regular WP LMIA.

Deea_S

Oct 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We almost lost hope here to. Applied in september 2015, Dual intent, On, they had the interview in January, and the officer was keep asking for documents.....The employer is calling them almost every week, and all they say is that "is still in process". Is really crazy the time that we are waiting....
[/quote]

alekspara

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Hello Fastfood,
I don't believe that there should be a difference in timelines between dual intent and just supporting WP. I assume that something happened with your application (not necessarily from your side) because it's not normal to take so long. There are dual intent applications that took very long as well.
Now the reason that my employer applied for supporting only WP is because the main applicant is my wife and it's better for us to go through a different route for the PR...
I'm also pretty sure that the fee is the same so it's not a money issue.
I hope you have news soon so you won't have to go through the same procedure again...

krout

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Hi everybody! I've got some information to share on my case I received moments ago. My perspective employer called the SC and found out the actual date of the start of LMIA processing which was 2016-03-03. Also, they said that no additional documents are necessary in our case and that current estimated time for LMIA processing stands at 8 weeks, so we should receive an answer, be it positive or negative, by 2016-05-03.

Pink81

Mar 25, 2016
Thanks for sharing your info.
8 weeks LMIA processing time
Mine counting to 9 weeks and still no update
NOC 6211

puru87

Nov 19, 2015
krout said:
Hi everybody! I've got some information to share on my case I received moments ago. My perspective employer called the SC and found out the actual date of the start of LMIA processing which was 2016-03-03. Also, they said that no additional documents are necessary in our case and that current estimated time for LMIA processing stands at 8 weeks, so we should receive an answer, be it positive or negative, by 2016-05-03.

My LMIA application is running on 12th week & no news at all, yesterday our lawyer had send a letter via fax to Service Canada Vancouver, now lets see what it will brings on following week. I think nobody can estimate LMIA processing time even Service Canada too!

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deea_S said:
We almost lost hope here to. Applied in september 2015, Dual intent, On, they had the interview in January, and the officer was keep asking for documents.....The employer is calling them almost every week, and all they say is that "is still in process". Is really crazy the time that we are waiting....
Did you use a consultant? would you like to share your NOC and province?