+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA App job offer

Cter

Mar 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
on a ESDC page it's been said that among other documents an employer should submit:
Job offer (signed by the employer and the foreign worker)

Have you guys signed anything along the way?
The fact I haven't. So I'm a little bit doubting here.

On the other hand I've signed: 'USE OF REPRESENTATIVE' form. So a lawyer can conduct business on my behalf. But only with CIC and CBSA as it's said in that form.
So basically was that possible that my representative able to sign my job offer without letting me know?

Thanks!

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is this for a higher or lower skilled job? Higher skilled applications don't have this requirement.

An LMIA application for lower skilled jobs requires an employment contract signed by employer & employee. I suggest you contact your prospective employer and ask him/her about it. A representative or recruiter can NOT sign on your behalf.

Here is some information and a sample contract
http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/lower_skilled/employment_contract.shtml

Cter

Mar 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please read topic more carefully. It's nothing to do with any contract. I'm asking about a JOB OFFER

On ESDC site there's another opinion:
_esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/higher_skilled/permanent/index.shtml#tab5

correct me if a wrong

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Perhaps it would have helped if you had specified this is an LMIA application to support your application for permanent residence :). This is the case right, given the document you refer me to?

In this case, yes, the job offer letter signed by both is a requirement, and no, a representative can not sign on your behalf.

My advise to contact your employer about this stands.

Cter

Mar 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah that is the real point. Have got there are different flows. Thanks a lot!

But, can I apply for work permit application (as temporary worker) and for PR (via EE) basing on the same LMIA? Like dual intent? But at the initial point my employer didn't applied for 'PR LMIA' or 'dual intent LMIA'. I've found that recently. Cost are pretty the same.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, you can use a positive LMIA for a job as a temporary foreign worker to support your EE application.

In this case your employer would apply for this LMIA:
http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/higher_skilled/general//index.shtml

which requires the 1000$ fee.

Cter

Mar 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm already in Temporary FW flow. Waiting for a LMIA. My employer already paid that fee for TW LMIA.
The question was if I can apply for PR using my TW LMIA.

Answer is partially here:

_www_.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-12-01.asp - point no 16.

So actually it's vice versa: WP LMIA - $1000 but PR LMIA - free.

Check this:

_www_.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/lmia-processig-time-ontario-t246772.0.html;msg4107430#msg4107430

But finally I still haven't got that 100% clear: what I have to submit to CIC (besides WP LMIA) to satisfy officers proving my further work status during PR process?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you are "overthinking" this!

Once you receive your positive LMIA for your TFW position, you can use it to obtain the 600 points in your EE profile.

Your final question in your above post is answered here, question 15:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-12-01.asp#15
As long as the TFW is in Canada working under a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA), you can offer them a permanent job to support their application for permanent residence. Your TFW would have to create an Express Entry profile and include their job offer information. A job offer supported by an LMIA will give a candidate enough additional points and be ranked high enough to be invited to apply at the next eligible round of invitations

Cter

Mar 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
However what is the best strategy for an employer generally?

Maybe it's worth applying for PR LMIA first? Is there ant correlation between LMIA type (PR or WP) and processing time?
I mean maybe ESDC would issue LMIA for PR faster if they knew an employer is gonna support a prospective worker along to PR process?