+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Living in the US, sending certificate and passport to a friend's address in Canada

MissJustice

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
BC
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
16-05-2017
Nomination.....
05-2017
AOR Received.
08-2017
Med's Request
01-04-2018
Med's Done....
01-05-2018
Passport Req..
05-02-2019
Hi guys,
In two days I will drive to Canada for my citizenship ceremony. I then plan to give my friend's address where my certificate will be send and later my passport.

I am worried that they can arrive when my friend is out and may have trouble picking it up from the post office on my behalf. Do I put her name as C/O (care of) underneath my name? Or would it be easier to ask a different friend and have it delivered to her office where the receptionists signs for everything. Please tell me what you guys did.

Also, I got married in the US while waiting for my citizenship. I just need to send my citizenship certificate and certified copy of my marriage certificate to the passport office in order to have my passport in my new last name?

Thanks everyone.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi guys,
In two days I will drive to Canada for my citizenship ceremony. I then plan to give my friend's address where my certificate will be send and later my passport.

I am worried that they can arrive when my friend is out and may have trouble picking it up from the post office on my behalf. Do I put her name as C/O (care of) underneath my name? Or would it be easier to ask a different friend and have it delivered to her office where the receptionists signs for everything. Please tell me what you guys did.

Also, I got married in the US while waiting for my citizenship. I just need to send my citizenship certificate and certified copy of my marriage certificate to the passport office in order to have my passport in my new last name?

Thanks everyone.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1560&top=5

They do mail it to US. You can talk to officer during the ceremony.
You don't want it that way?

sharan2591

Oct 5, 2017
Hi guys,

Thanks everyone.

Hello,

I am in the same situation as you. I have applied for adjustment of status in the USA while waiting for my Canadian citizenship process. Did your advance parole got approved? Or CIC let you take oath while in the USA?

If you used your Advance parole, Did you expedite? what reason did you provide?

Thank you

Ese2014

Mar 11, 2018
Calgary
App. Filed.......
20-07-2018
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
IELTS Request
24-03-2018
Med's Done....
13-07-2018
no because it will take a lot longer, even up to 6 months.
Have them mail it to your friend. I did the same, they mailed it to my friend who sent me the certificate, and I used the certificate to apply for passport abroad.

One thing to avoid is sending or mailing passport to another country as it could be intercepted by the customs. I beleive it is one of the prohibited items.

Reactions: sharan2591

sharan2591

Oct 5, 2017
Have them mail it to your friend. I did the same, they mailed it to my friend who sent me the certificate, and I used the certificate to apply for passport abroad.

One thing to avoid is sending or mailing passport to another country as it could be intercepted by the customs. I beleive it is one of the prohibited items.
Thank you

but how did you take oath?
I can’t leave USA due to green card.